Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winners: 2008 Best iPhone App Ever Awards

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Yeah seen this site.... and agree with some of their votes as well... I use Shazam often... real nice app!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I looked at the site before. The fact that photogene wasn't even a choice for best photo app is a joke. Its the only photo app that allows for that caliber of photography editing that I know of.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ckybam69's Avatar
    Thanks

what about pandora? my favorite app in the world.

While Shazam is a great app, I wouldn't say its the most innovative. That technology has been around for years and on other cell phones. I would've given the ocarina most innovative honours.

I prefer Midomi over Shazam.

Quote Originally Posted by Seephour View Post
    Too bad Cydia apps couldn't be included cause SBSettings is by far the best/most useful app by ever. I don't know how I could live with out it. Shazam is cool but how often do you use it. Once every blue moon. I use SBSettings 10-15 times a day.

Airsharing is pretty useful though.
    I agree with you..SBSettings is the best app ever made for the iphone...ofcourse after Customize AND Winterboard

Quote Originally Posted by waynema View Post
    Fieldrunners is indeed a great game, but its actually a port from a mod from Warcraft 3 on the PC, like tap defense.
    How young you have to be to think Tower Defense games began with DOTA?

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Shazam might be the most innovative, but probably not the best app. Magnum mentioned there shouldve been a sports app, I agree, but I would probably say SportsTap would win that. Its the easiest way to get any sporting news, scores etc. on the iPhone. I use it at least 3-5 times a day...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by egarc View Post
    I prefer Midomi over Shazam.
    same here, unless they added something in Shazam I didnt see several months ago. Midomi does it all, and does it well.

I Loooooove Shazam!!

Although I love Shazam and use it often (even if it is to remember a track I want to get), the technology and concept have been around for a while.. It's hardly innovative.

Quote Originally Posted by haibane View Post
    I looked at the site before. The fact that photogene wasn't even a choice for best photo app is a joke. Its the only photo app that allows for that caliber of photography editing that I know of.
    Thanks for mentioning Photogene. I hadn't heard of this one. After looking it up, I'm totally hooked! It's like a slimmed down version of Photoshop for the iPhone and works surprisingly well!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Green Apple
    Thanks

Shazam is a great idea and app, but I rarely use it. Facebook would have to be the most used app by me. Otherwise google earth, and seadragon are two of my faves, and most innovative apps I think. Favorite game by far is line rider. But the main reason I think why the $10 plus apps didn't get as many votes is because most of them are specific to certain people and don't always appeal to everyone.

Why does Shazam get all the love when Midomi came out first AND does more???

Midomi is a thousand times better then shazam, that bs right there

Quote Originally Posted by Needleskane View Post
    Midomi is a thousand times better then shazam, that bs right there
    You really like Midomi more? Ive found that the humming/singing and lyrics sections rarely work. So all I use is the listening to the actual song tab. I used it a few times with Midomi and had a 50% success rate. Once I started using Shazam, I had a 100% success rate identifying songs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I will also put my two cents in for Midomi over Shazam. The humming/singing tool really does work well, it must be your ermm....singing voice, ajl917!

Will also agree that there should have been a sports category (or two) Best Sports Game and Best Controls in a Sports Game.

Facebook is by far the most useful app though. My best casual game would be Backgammon or 2 Across.

Default Beejive is MISSING!
    Where is BEEJIVE?! That is my most useful app.

Default I aggree...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seephour View Post
    Too bad Cydia apps couldn't be included cause SBSettings is by far the best/most useful app by ever. I don't know how I could live with out it. Shazam is cool but how often do you use it. Once every blue moon. I use SBSettings 10-15 times a day.

Airsharing is pretty useful though.
    I agree. This is the most useful app for changing settings on the fly and while running other apps. It's interface is simple, yet very effective.

Default Cydia rules!!!!
    Shazam is not all dat sweet kinda boring.....
    SB SETTINGS RULE!!! USE IT LIKE 10 TIMES A DAY!
    CYDIA APPS RULE!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast