+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Palm Pre: Competition for the iPhone?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
You can sync your contacts with google contacts over the air using nuevasync or any other free exchange service!
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

You can sync your contacts with google contacts over the air using nuevasync or any other free exchange service!

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Good point, but I really like the Pre's ability to consolidate contact info from different social networking sites into one contact card.

Thanks

Yeah, they seem to be joining contacts/im/email into one full-fledge multi-communications platform, which is kinda cool.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Yeah, they seem to be joining contacts/im/email into one full-fledge multi-communications platform, which is kinda cool.
    The good thing is, there's nothing preventing Apple from handling contact info the same way (if they chose to develop something like that).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T-Will View Post
    The good thing is, there's nothing preventing Apple from handling contact info the same way (if they chose to develop something like that).
    Actually there is something preventing Apple from doing anything.

(They're already at the top )

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Palm's competition.

....the heat is on.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^^^^^hahahaha just about anyone would have agreed with that before the big pre announcement. i smell another storm or g1 in the future. lets face it, even the instinct got this kind of hype pre release.(i'm not dismissing this totally, just heard "iphone killer" about 5 too many times in the last 18 months) here are some pitfalls it see for the pre.........

1. the keyboard...does anyone actually like typing on a treo? well imagine a treo keyboard except with the slide out built the way it is, the weighting looks like it will be awkward for one handed use.

2. the screen.....too small, looks to be between an iphone and an att tilt. (i giggle anytime i see those windoze mobile users straining to get their fingernail to hit that tiny button they're aiming for......i'm not saying it will be like that, but prob as troublesome as i've read the storm can be)

3.the backgrounding.....i'm skeptical since all the reviews have been from people who had only a few mins with the phone.....i'd like to see how it holds up against crashes with some really heavy use. lets face it, the storm pre- release reviews(10 min tests) said it had a really stable UI(look how that turned out)

4.amazon....NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY has managed even an ipodish or itunesish mobile system. and itunes' grasp of the number 1 DL site has only strengthened since the iphone killers have been released....obviously people arent flocking to amazon to get their music.

5.sprint and palm......come on people, a few months back everyone was waiting for these two companies to go belly up, now suddenly they're going to join forces and "kill the iphone" (talk about a society just begging for some good news because of the economy) but then again, the cardinals are in the superbowl, so anything is possible.

personally i think the whole iphone killer thing is stupid, there is room for a bunch of good phones on the market....if it weren't for the whole iphone killer thing, g1, instinct, storm etc would have been viewed as much bigger successes than they are......will the pre save palm and have solid sales numbers? i think without a doubt. but will the pre have iphone like sales? I THINK NOT.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

honestly this is the closest phone to competing with the iPhone and it does look pretty cool and has some cool abilities but I don't like the slide out keyboard hope theirs an on screen keyboard I don't want to have to keep sliding it out every time i want to type i prefer to have a keyboard just show up when I need it. Also people are saying they like how you can keep programs running in the background .... I am not sure what the difference is between clicking the home button and opening another app then pressing home again to open another app for example "I am on Safari looking up modmyi.com then realizing I want to change a song I have playing I then press home button click iPod button change the song then press safari again and am exactly where I left off even in the middle of writing a post like this one. Also on the Pre the majority of things it can do just yell out iPhone clone to me majority of the gestures and even the way they allow items to run in the background with there "cards" and you flick through them is what the iphone does with pages in safari. I think it's a cool phone but I am interested to see if they will be able to keep many of these gestures on the final release. Also iPhone still looks more sturdy and has a nicer finish to it vs the Pre looks kinda cheap.

Overall iPhone is still the winner in my eyes.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The advantage of the Pre's multitasking is you can immediately resume a program from where you left off without having to wait for your web page to reload or the program to load up again.

Brackgrounder does an okay job on jailbroken iPhones, but the iPhone doesn't seem to have much program memory to work with, so you can only keep 1 or 2 programs open in the background.

Green Apple
    Thanks

no app store no competition simple

iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
    2. the screen.....too small, looks to be between an iphone and an att tilt. (i giggle anytime i see those windoze mobile users straining to get their fingernail to hit that tiny button they're aiming for......i'm not saying it will be like that, but prob as troublesome as i've read the storm can be)
    The screen is 3.1 inch 320x480, just .4 inches smaller than the iphone's with the same resolution, no biggie for me. I'm liking this phone though, it looks like Palm did some studying on what the iphone user's wanted, the system just works so smoothly and cooperatively. I don't know about this being an iphone killer either but if I didn't have the iphone this would definitely be my new phone.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    sprint sucks.. they have the worst customer service. idc if they come out with a phone that types for me im still not getting close to them. Everyone knows how badly they can screw u. Iphone is just Iphone uk?? iphone killer?? no that is getting old.

iPhone? More like MyPhone carlbgc's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this phone will be a complete and utter failure, simply because the screen is to small, and its an ugly phone.

If anything, the Nokia N97 will be the iphone killer. Now thats a sexy phone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

We can say all we want about it..
    True its a rip-of of everything from the iphone..
    Butt....One thing we all want on the iphone is: MULTITASK..we want to be on MSN and on Facebook on the same time.
    Why can Apple do that for us? Forget about CopyPaste..thats already old.
    MultiTaks is the main feature we need in the iPhone. so we can scroll in running APPS.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

ha, no competition if you ask me
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

dosent matter if apple released a **** flip phone peps will still buy anything w the apple on it over something that might work better right now

palm is crap, bin there done that

anything anyone else releases. no matter what there still goin to be chasing apple

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456