+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alpine's First Touchscreen iPhone Compatible Car Receiver

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    iPhone? More like MyPhone AppleChic's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Alpine's First Touchscreen iPhone Compatible Car Receiver

The iXA-W404 is the first touchscreen iPhone compatible car receiver and features a 4.3-inch QVGA touchscreen monitor.

In addition to the touchscreen navigation the receiver meets both the "Works With iPhone" and "Made For iPod" designations. It also comes with a dedicated USB input which allows for playing iPod/iPhone video files, Bluetooth connectivity and the ability to connect to additional music sources like HD Radio.

The price has not been released yet.

Alpine has also released;

- iDA-X305: 2.2-inch color TFT screen, iPhone/iPod compatibility, USB input, built-in 18W RMS x 4 amplifier, three pairs of pre-outs and a 24-bit DAC. Price: TBD
    - CDE-102 CD Receiver: USB, iPhone/iPod compatibility, built-in 18W RMS x 4 amplifier (at CEA-2006 power ratings), HP crossover and two sets of pre-outs. Price: TBD

Here is the press release for the iXA-W404

"The iXA-W404 is Alpine’s first touch-screen digital media receiver. Designed to deliver a fully integrated iPod®/iPhone® experience in the car, the receiver has no CD mechanism. The iXA-W404 meets Apple Inc.’s specifications for the “Made for iPod” and “Works with iPhone” designations, and features a dedicated USB input for optimal iPod/iPhone connection and superior digital sound quality. The USB input also enables connection to USB memory devices. The iXA-W404 can also play iPod/iPhone video files. The 2-DIN iXA-W404 gives users two ways to navigate and access their iPod music via their in-dash head unit: the double-encoder knob and the vibrant 4.3-inch QVGA color touch-screen monitor. The unit’s intuitive user interface and search menu are very similar to the iPhone/iPod Touch interface, so that users can continue the familiar iPod experience in the car. The unit’s ultra-responsive touch-screen lets users quickly browse through their file collection by lightly dragging the on-screen album covers with their finger. The current album is shown in the center of the screen, with the previous two albums/songs and next two album/songs on either side of the current selection. Users can also navigate through files alphabetically via an alphabet bar shown on the right side of the screen. For those who want more from their aftermarket head unit, the iXA-W404 delivers. It is enabled for integrated Bluetooth connectivity so that users can conduct hands-free phone conversations through the car’s sound system. (Separate Bluetooth module required.) The iXA-W404 can also connect to a variety of additional sources, such as HD Radio™ with iTunes® Tagging and multicasting, satellite radio, navigation and more. (Additional products and subscriptions required.) Discerning audio enthusiasts can enjoy custom sound processing with the addition of a separate Alpine IMPRINT Audio Processor. The iXA-W404’s suggested retail index is $TBD."

This looks awesome! I just hope its not too much $$

Source: Alpine Releasing iPhone Compatible Touch-Screen Receiver | ZolloTech
    AppleChic

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AppleChic For This Useful Post:

BenzoHartt (01-08-2009), Mic161168 (01-10-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would get this in a heartbeat! Good stuff Apple Chic

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

No CD mechanism at all?! Hmmm... I guess I'd have to rip my CD onto my iPod. Pain. If the iPhone bluetooth could be upgraded to stream music wirelessly then THAT would be truely perfect...

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Umm, does include a dvd/navi system or deck only?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    No CD mechanism at all?! Hmmm... I guess I'd have to rip my CD onto my iPod. Pain. If the iPhone bluetooth could be upgraded to stream music wirelessly then THAT would be truely perfect...
    And then you would have a 10 second battery life. No this would not be good I think. Too bad thow there is nog cd player or cd changer.
    Last edited by electroz; 01-08-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm not in my vehicle but a couple hours a day usually so streaming music over bluetooth can't be any worse than talking to someone over bluetooth. I used to have a Pioneer Avic D3 or something... fully iphone compatible except for video out. The ipod cable ran out the back of the unit and I routed it into my glove box. The cable then had to come out of my glove box and plug into my phone. Huge inconvenience. I'll take less battery life any day.

Thanks

If the price is fair i'd totally pic this up. I haven't used cd's since my 80g ipod so this is right down my alley.

Thanks

It's double din? Aren't most cars single din?

Thanks

Well that's just plain awesome. Would only make sense that the navigation used the iPhones built in GPS, doubtful at best, but still a genuinely good idea.

Regardless, I may have to pick one up when they become available
    Last edited by enjoi4586; 01-08-2009 at 03:48 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

was gone buy a deck today guess ill hold off to check out the new CDE-102.

Thanks

Since no one posting yet seems to have ever owned Alpine equipment, let me let you in on a little secret. Alpine does not make junk, and you will pay for the quality. I'd expect at least $400 on this unit. I have their iDAX-100 model which was $299 and works well with my iPhone and iPod and mimics the display of the iPod with a color screen.

If you are on a budget, stick to lower end equipment, Alpine is not for you.
    Hmm...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

At first I read this as being the first iphone stereo receiver, I need sleep!

The Pioneer I bought for my mustang before the iPhone came out, works with my iPhone ..

Kick ***, time to upgrade

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Since no one posting yet seems to have ever owned Alpine equipment, let me let you in on a little secret. Alpine does not make junk, and you will pay for the quality. I'd expect at least $400 on this unit. I have their iDAX-100 model which was $299 and works well with my iPhone and iPod and mimics the display of the iPod with a color screen.

If you are on a budget, stick to lower end equipment, Alpine is not for you.
    Hmmm... Let me let YOU in on a little secret. Do you think $400 would be a lot of money for this unit? Good Deck + GPS + bluetooth + iphone features - I would guess a retail price of at least $800 if not more.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SwinginFriar View Post
    Hmmm... Let me let YOU in on a little secret. Do you think $400 would be a lot of money for this unit? Good Deck + GPS + bluetooth + iphone features - I would guess a retail price of at least $800 if not more.
    Are you all serious? $400, $800? This will set you back at least $1,200.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Price: U.S. $550.00 (Available end of April)

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - iXA-W404

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dang leer...you scooped me!!! i was just about to post that price myself...
    no need to be so depressed...save up for the few months until its released and there you...you got yourself a great!! cd player!

alpines are among top of the line!

Thanks

Thats not a bad price at all, I paid nearly 500 for my deck, does all that but GPS, and no touch screen just touch pad, and works perfect for my iPhone. But it also does DVDs as well, with a 3.5" screen. Been great for long road trips with friends. But for 500 I may consider upgrading for the things I dont have.

Edit: Just note, that if you intend to use the handsfree phone portion of the deck, you have to buy the seperate module, for 180 extra. My current deck came with a mic built right into the deck, some callers get a bit of echo on their end, so if you want to spend the extra cash for this feature, I'd recommend it. GPS functionality need the Module $300, plus docking station (hookup for vehicle) $200. So in the end, 500+180+300+200 = 1180. So buddy was right with 1200 price range.

I think Ill stick with my current deck.
    Last edited by rdwalsh; 01-08-2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Got more info on deck

Green Apple
    Thanks

550? that settles it soon as this comes out im installing in my car. only down side is im gonna need an alarm to cuz id doesnt seem like the face detaches

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I can't believe it. That is cheap