+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [First Look] Days of Thunder, Slotz Racer + Flick Sports Baseball & Roads of Ruin

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Yesterday we got the opportunity to visit the Freeverse guys a bit to demo a couple of new games that are nearing release. [ame]http://www.vimeo.com/2752322[/ame] Days of Thunder You've seen the
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,268 Times in 652 Posts

Default [First Look] Days of Thunder, Slotz Racer + Flick Sports Baseball & Roads of Ruin
    Yesterday we got the opportunity to visit the Freeverse guys a bit to demo a couple of new games that are nearing release.

[ame]http://www.vimeo.com/2752322[/ame]

Days of Thunder

You've seen the movie right? Tom Cruise is the hot headed new NASCAR drive talent looking for a win while falling in love with Nicole Kidman (yeah you're jealous). The movie has become the game Days of Thunder for the iPhone and iPod Touch complete with an animated Tom Cruise in the intro. You hop in your NASCAR Stock car and battle other drivers around the track looking for the win. Through winning you get upgrade cars etc as you race for the championship. The game also includes challenges like knowing the correct time for a pit stop to get tires and gas etc. just like the real world.

While the game looks pretty complete already it is not quite ready for the AppStore and Freeverse will be polishing it up for a release soon. The 3D graphics are very good and feature damage on the cars when you run into things (maybe even explosions The controls are easy to use. You turn (left) using the iPhone accelerometer and press on the right hand corner of the screen for gas. The 3D graphics are very good and feature damage on the cars when you run into things (maybe even explosions

While we wanted to know more Paramount (who Freeverse licensed with to make this game) is handling press media stuff and Freeverse couldn't tell us more. If you're into NASCAR or iPhone racing games in general this will be one to look out for.

[ame]http://www.vimeo.com/2752311[/ame]

Slotz Racer

Bring back memories of your childhood with this slot car racing game. Just like with real slot cars there is only one control to worry about. The gas. you send your slot car zipping around the track with a touch of the throttle but go to fast around a corner and you fly right off the track. There are various cars to choose from with different characteristics so you can choose between cornering, speed, and acceleration.

The two highlights of this game would be multiplayer mode and build your own track. Just playing around it was pretty easy to set up a track with all the turns and straightaways we wanted. After the track was built we learned that this game supports multiplayer mode with up to four people with one using each corner of the iPhone to control their car.

This is the most complete Freeverse game here and should be on the AppStore within a couple weeks for $1.99

Flick Sports Baseball

Continuing the popular Flick Sports series Freeverse will be releasing Flick Sports Baseball some time in February. Edit your team and players and then play against other teams to win the season (maybe -- Freeverse doesn't know yet if there will be a full season).

Like other games in the Flick Sports series Flick Sports Baseball will be focusing on the mechanics of the game. In this case with baseball the focus will be batting and pitching. The controls haven't really been figured out yet but there will be some finger flick or swiping or something to control batting.

Roads of Ruin

Although months from being avaialable this game is something we need to keep an eye out for. This "post-apocalyptic RPG/trading game" looks like it will be hours of fun for the iPhone.

It is 2023. You live in the US after a Nuclear war that has left the country devastated with seven our eight waring sub states. You are a mail courrier (Mad Max anyone?) and your job is to deliver messages and good between one waring state and another making money along the way buying low and selling high. Along your way you have to fight off assaults from people trying to steal your bike or your goods.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

AWAIZ (01-09-2009)

Thanks

This looks exceptional! Im not goot at telling the real from the fakem, but id pay for that app. :-)

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Both look like they will be great games. What are the zip ties for on each end of the iPhone?
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would never pay for any apps because I'm a worthless waste of space.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 01-13-2009 at 11:48 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks like these could actually be some decent games.
    Can't wait.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nmejunkie View Post
    I would never pay for any apps because I'm a worthless waste of space.
    hehehe

same here dude =D
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 01-13-2009 at 11:49 PM.

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kainisable View Post
    hehehe

same here dude =D
    good thing you guys dont develop the apps.. otherwise youd be losing a whole bunch of income due to people like you. MMi does not support that.
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

EDIT. Oops, my bad.
    Last edited by lilskaterpunk; 01-08-2010 at 08:02 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

I would never pay for any apps
    Quote Originally Posted by kainisable View Post
    hehehe

same here dude =D
    *shakes his head*
    people like you two are useless to the iphone community and should just go elsewhere.

back to the topic... the games look great! i'm definitely looking forward to playing slotz racer. it's a fun twist on racing games for the iphone.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 01-13-2009 at 11:51 PM.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you are given the tools why not put them to use im just saying there is a difference from paying for an educational app or a really good game and paying for well iFart.

Thanks

looks cool

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are given the tools why not put them to use im just saying there is a difference from paying for an educational app or a really good game and paying for well iFart.
    That's not what you said though. You said "I would never pay for any apps".

But whatever, people will do what they're gonna do. Let's drop this and try to stay on topic.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't know about those first few games (especially slotz racer [yawn]) but this Roads of Ruin game sounds pretty sweet (Fallout 3 + Transporter ?).
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great more great games for me to waste time playing, I can't wait

Most racing games are good, in my opinion
    mod edit/links removed

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh hey what's happening in this thread. Reminder since people seem to forget.

We don't talk, discuss, ask, or even hint at Warez/Cracked Apps. We can't stop you from doing it but don't talk about it here. There's plenty of other places where you can go and tell others how you rip off developers that spend hours and hours working to provide us with fun apps. This isn't one of those places.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 01-13-2009 at 11:53 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Not bad
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME