Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: AT&T Tethering Coming this Week

Default Rumor: AT&T Tethering Coming this Week

The long awaited release of the AT&T tethering plan is rumored to be coming this week according to Tuaw.

The rumor is that the iPhone-as-modem tethering plans will supposedly boast a 5 GB data cap at a $30 per month supplementary cost and will be released this week alongside the Macworld Expo. They speculate that this tethering announcement will not be “key-note” worthy, but may be publicized as a press release during the show or shortly thereafter.

So $30 is cheaper than what’s offered now, but tethering a jailbroken phone is still the low price of free :-D

Source: Rumor watch: AT&T tethering plans may be announced this week - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
    AppleChic

Green Apple
    Thanks

i love the pdanet option... att ner saw me comin with their unlimited data plan i just finised downloading season 5 entourage in HD i would never go for a 5 gig cap... the other day my data was shut down tho and i had to completely restore to get it back so not sure if its relatrd.

sorry for the bad grammer and spelling i am trying out airmouse through my macbook on my 42" the website font was adjust about but not the text in the reply box soo cant really see what im typing

Thanks
    PdaNet(free)>AT&T($30)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

wonder if they are going to start cracking down on people tethering jailbroken phones now...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

With this AT&T has definitely joined the Apple love/hate camp. At $30/mo (and with with a 5GB cap), it's way more expensive then my DSL. Yet another reason to stick with T-Mobile's slower but more reliable Edge. It's no problem if you get your company to pay or have $$ to burn, but terribly expensive for everybody else.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

that's cool. But I use pdanet.

T-Mobile in the UK charge £12.50 for a 3Gb limit that allows tethering or £7.50 for 1Gb that does not allow tethering and that's not on top of what you guys are already paying for data.

I get a discount so pay <£21/ month for upto 900 anytime/anynetwork minutes or 1800 Texts (we only pay for texts sent not received) or any combination of the two. This includes data and tethering and I get download speeds of 1000-1200kbs on my yellowsn0wed 3g.

We complain because they've recently upped contract lengths from 12 to 18 months.

Tethering when your contract forbids it is a breach of your contract terms - although they are unlikely to discover you doing it, if they do they could cancel your contract.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

actually, $30 is a pretty good deal. I have a 3G Sierra aircard that i pay $60 a month for 5GB. that is AT&T's pricing plan. So i can drop the air card and the $60 per month cost....
    sounds great, hope it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    actually, $30 is a pretty good deal. I have a 3G Sierra aircard that i pay $60 a month for 5GB. that is AT&T's pricing plan. So i can drop the air card and the $60 per month cost....
    sounds great, hope it is true.
    I have a 3G USB stick with 5Gb data which I pay £7.50/ month for. but you're right, $30 is a lot better than $60 so good luck, hope it does go ahead.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I have a 3G USB stick with 5Gb data which I pay £7.50/ month for. but you're right, $30 is a lot better than $60 so good luck, hope it does go ahead.
    hmmm, that is like $11 US a month....is that AT&T?

Thanks

No, it's t-mobile UK.

Can't wait to the official news about pricing, compatibilities etc. It should be interesting though. :-)

I'll believe it when I see it, they have been talking about tethering the iPhone for it seems like 9 months or more.
    mod edit/links removed

Thanks

I just got PDAnet a few days ago and it is great, it even works great with EDGE plan. I found that EDGE works faster on laptop than iphone.

Haha, 3.0 is out and still no tethering! AT&T blows...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME