Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BlueSn0w - iPhone Bluetooth Pwned?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,806 Times in 1,226 Posts

Default BlueSn0w - iPhone Bluetooth Pwned?

The iPhone Bluetooth Project has been quietly pining away at the Bluetooth aspect of the iPhone for months. They recently released BlueSn0w, a small tool (which bears a striking resemblance in name to another recently released - but unrelated - tool) which is mostly proof of concept. It work strictly via command line, but they promise updates in the near future. This could lead to some exciting things, like Bluetooth file exchange being enabled, among other things.

Our team has successfully been able to demonstrate a 'pwnage' of the bluetooth chipset allowing anyone to write/implement a fully functional Bluetooth Stack that runs on your iPhone, and this will be our next step.
    At the moment all it does is print the MAC address of any BT devices within range after a 10 second scan, but that's a solid first step. There seems to be some sort of random drama and a bit of "donate now, donate often!" going on over there, and we were hard-pressed to get an actual conversation with any of the devs, but we were able to test and verify the binary - so its legit. We'll see where it goes from here.

I've attached the tool and their Readme to this post - if you're the command line type, give it a whirl. A few things to note: in this early release, WiFi /must/ be off on your iPhone when running this, and the device you're trying to find should be set to Discoverable.
    Attached Files Attached Files

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

bigpuso (01-03-2009), charlyc (01-03-2009), ericidle (01-04-2009), Jadestar (01-05-2009), kokoras (01-21-2009), name00 (01-05-2009), r1994augusto (01-04-2009), redwolf (01-04-2009), tattoojack (01-03-2009), Zehlek (01-13-2009)

wow this could mean stereo bluetooth right??? haha i might actually get to use the rokr headphones i bought!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

Most of the credit goes to iSchmave for developing it so far. The next release will have a GUI in order to make it more user-friendly. This is really starting to pick up...

nice progress.

Green Apple
    Thanks

thats great work.. I miss stereo headphones sooo much from my blackjack with pandora and wireless headphones.... I would be able to snowboard in heaven

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

enable send and getting files!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Awesome!!!

Thanks

that is awesome! it has been a while!!! would this mean i could export my contacts to my pioneer nav in my car????
    iPhone 3G 16gb white with 3.0b5
    iPod touch 1st gen 8gb
    iMac 20" 2.66
    appleTV 40gb
    PowerBook G4
    iPod 5.5 30gb
    iPod mini 4gb
    dell mini9 hacked with os x 10.5.6

Awesome to see people are working on it. And clever naming as well

we are going to implement all your fav profiles such as stereo audio through bt and fiel transfer in time... we have to knock out a few things before we get there... any way check out our forums @ iphonebluetooth.tk
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cscho0415 For This Useful Post:

charlyc (01-03-2009), GodzillaAteMyiPhone (01-03-2009), Gustavo Saliola (01-05-2009)

Thanks

mattmac and cscho0415, congratulations.
    i remember the doubters at the beginning and well done on getting so far! the task was even labelled "impossible" ....
    will be looking forward to the updated gui version with a couple more features before i test it, but, congratulations

Reeko
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by jaded_lude View Post
    that is awesome! it has been a while!!! would this mean i could export my contacts to my pioneer nav in my car????
    What kind of pioneer do you have? I just had the Pioneer F90bt installed yesterday and was able to transfer my contact list to the unit.

this sounds awesome, one of the main things the device really needs. full bluetooth support... now i wont have to tell my friends how crappy of a device the iphone is when they want to transfer me a picture of song...

now this is starting to get exciting... :-)
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ezekiel2517 View Post
    this sounds awesome, one of the main things the device really needs. full bluetooth support... now i wont have to tell my friends how crappy of a device the iphone is when they want to transfer me a picture of song...
    im soooo tired of being told u suck everytime someone wants one of my tunes or pics !!!

im very excited about this!!!!!

little thanx goes a long way!

I have been waiting on this forevvvvvvvvvvver.
    It would be great to get some use out of these 100 dollar bluetooth headsets.

PS3 bluetooth remote app

This is great news.

It's always awesome when the community can overcome the shortcomings set by the corporations.

no way, you guys rock.... iphone is going to ruule the world, although it is now, ok then it would rule the universe :P thanks alot guys keep up the good work thank u

Thanks

Thank you!!!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast