Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Cool Would You Look with iPhone Gloves?

I went through this issue last winter. I used to take transit to and from work. In the winter is cold and you dont want to wait outside, like I did. But you can phone the transit office, input you transit stop number and they would tell you where the bus/train was or how long it would be before it got to your stop.

So therefore, in the cold these gloves would have been nice to have, then I wouldn't have had to take of my gloves and could just use the device. That was always a pain because it was painstakingly cold outside.
    Last edited by rdwalsh; 01-02-2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Quote wasn't linked right post.

I would totally wear them as long as they look like regular plain gloves. Dont even want an apple logo on them, maybe if it was tiny and not show offish.

its 25 here right now. I would totally wear these if I was outdoors and stuff... But I work out at LA Fitness and thank god its indoors and heated lol so I personally wouldnt use it all the time but the concept should be developed.

Default Great video
    Quote Originally Posted by lllraverslll View Post
    Here is a video on how to build you own

Wireless Finger Phone

Knowing you geeks you might have the spare parts already flying around in your house

Thanks for posting that, it's def cool.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

I can see some use out of them but basicly i think it is an idea waiting to fail! I think not that many would be sold. But as some things happen, Who knows, it might become a fad.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    if its really that cold outside, it must be snowing. and if its snowing, u shouldn't be taking your phone out anyway. its like wanting to use your phone in the rain, n being mad at apple u can't. if its that cold you probably are wearing multiple layers of clothes, and your phone is embeded somewhere in those layers. its hard to take your phone out of your pocket wearing big bulky gloves, let alone being trying to hold n use it with gloves, in the cold, in your multiple layers of clothing.

:: ring ring :: "sup bro, im snowboarding down a mountain right now using my super cool iphone gloves n it worked!" :: falls ::
    You must have had never lived in a cold place, or else u would know that it doesn't always snow when it's cold, as a matter of fact most of the time when it's really cold it's not snowing. Atleast that's the case in Montreal, Canada. It was -29 degree celcius with windchill factor yesterday and I couldn't bother to check my bus schedule on my iPhone while waiting on the que, simply because it was too cold. So if there is a gloves that's warm, cheap and works with iPhone, I'm definitely interested.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

A guy is walking down 12th srteet on NY; two inches of snow had fallen that morning, its -7 degrees outside and its freezing cold, and his iphone starts to softly vibrate through the layers of clothes on his right jacket pocket, with a jolly christams tune that he had downloaded the night before on cyida, he takes his iphone out to pick up the call and he didnt have to take his thick leather gloves off beckause he was wearing iPhone Gloves. **-PlOP-**

Green Apple
    Thanks

if its really that cold outside, it must be snowing
    Haven't been to Wisconsin, have you?

I usually take my break outside, just to get out of that building, but yeah, it's either take my mittens off or not use the phone. I still wouldn't buy those though...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Renblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems like a cool idea.

Get it? Cool?

(insert posh laugh here)

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Nice that they have thought of this... but glad I am not in Michigan during the winter months anymore!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Here are the NorthFace gloves
    The North Face*Men's*Accessories*ETIP GLOVE
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chazdrums View Post
    Thanks for posting that, it's def cool.
    Then you and i think alike No Problem

totally worth it. i hate freezing my hands off just to use my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by lllraverslll View Post
    Here is a video on how to build you own

Wireless Finger Phone

Knowing you geeks you might have the spare parts already flying around in your house
    it'd probably be a good idea to mention that it's NSFW...

if its really that cold outside, it must be snowing. and if its snowing, u shouldn't be taking your phone out anyway. its like wanting to use your phone in the rain, n being mad at apple u can't.
    wow, you really don't know what you're talking about, do you?
    Last edited by billchase2; 01-03-2009 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Living in Chicago, I think these would be really useful, at the right price, of course!

It's not easy trying to reply a text with the iPhone slipping and sliding in the cold palm of my hands.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    totally worth it. i hate freezing my hands off just to use my phone.

it'd probably be a good idea to mention that it's NSFW...
    Why? because Coworkers might think your insane talking to your hand? I believe building it yourself is 1) more FUN 2) more customized 3) cheaper 4) no one else has it.
    PS Thanks to Google I found out what you was talking about :P

iPhone? More like MyPhone jiggykilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Like Michael Jackson, eh eh...lol
    My Arrival Was Imminent!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

if its really that cold outside, it must be snowing. and if its snowing, u shouldn't be taking your phone out anyway. its like wanting to use your phone in the rain, n being mad at apple u can't. if its that cold you probably are wearing multiple layers of clothes, and your phone is embeded somewhere in those layers. its hard to take your phone out of your pocket wearing big bulky gloves, let alone being trying to hold n use it with gloves, in the cold, in your multiple layers of clothing.

:: ring ring :: "sup bro, im snowboarding down a mountain right now using my super cool iphone gloves n it worked!" :: falls ::
    you either don't live in a cold climate or are not very observant. I have seen plenty of days that were well below zero without a drop of snow in the sky.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I think that's a stupid idea too. I live in Ukraine (which is a colder climate) and I've been using thin gloves ever since the iphone came out and they work fine (they keep you warm too). I'm sorry to break the designer's heart here but there are many companies that already make gloves with silicone palms (non slip) and I happen to own a pair which works great too (Burton makes it). Colder climate countries have snowboard shops and these gloves are easily available there))))) Happy shopping and a happy new year.
    Last edited by mad2100; 01-03-2009 at 01:54 PM.

i would buy it hell yea gets cold where i line in Jersey brrrr!!

Default uh huh...
    NOW WAIT JUST ONE DARN TOOT'N MINUTE HERE!

A "Glove" that lets you "control" your "electronic device"...

And Apple owns the PATENT?!?!

I think NOT!

So let's re-cap here...

Nintendo Power Glove Released - 1989

Apples "Power Glove" Released - TBA

Nintendo Wii, a revolutionary console that features an accelerometer in order to be used in it's games as well as musical application and multimedia function, Released - November 19, 2006

Apple iPhone, a revolutionary phone that uses an accelerometer in order to be used in multimedia, musical application and games Released (okay so it does act as a communication and quasi navigation device, but let's be honest, it can still be substituted for a Gameboy) - June 29, 2007

Conclusion? I think the facts speak for themselves...
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast