+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Craigsphone: Craigslist on the iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    iPhone? More like MyPhone AppleChic's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Craigsphone: Craigslist on the iPhone

craigsphone from Next Mobile Web on Vimeo.

So Craigslist is going mobile, as Next Mobile Web has created a new app for the iPhone called Craigsphone.

Craigslist is known for bringing the Internet to your front door and Next Mobile Web thinks this app will take this aspect of Craigslist to the next level.

Next Mobile Web lists these features:

“ui: clean formatting of most cl pages.
    post while mobile: including ability to upload photos and share location.
    history: craigsphone remembers your recently viewed postings
    nearby: see stuff, fun, and people nearby (sf bay area and manhattan only, for now).
    more: clickable phone numbers, best of (!), much more to come”

Next Mobile Web also says the best is still yet to come with, “but the best will come when we take the best local site in the world and make it truly local. stay tuned.”

Granted it’s not the most exciting news this week … but Craigslist is one of my favorites and I will definitely be using this app on my unlocked iPhone 3G ;-)

Source: Next Mobile Web
    AppleChic

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AppleChic For This Useful Post:

Lukster (01-03-2009), mikdiamon (01-02-2009), sk8er982 (01-02-2009)

Thanks

Cool cool
    nice but i dont get it its like the same as safri the only difference is the upload which is a good feature y would u want this? (first post lol)
    Last edited by plcrules; 01-01-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Nice. I'm def gonna install this

Green Apple
    Thanks

I love Craigslist. Srsly!!1

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm confused.. Isn't there an app out already in the AppStore?

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...8&id=286574279

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^^^ yea there are acouple of craigslist apps already out but I dont think they're that great. The best of the 2 i believe (Craigs Mobile List) keeps crashing on me now. Im excited for this im a huge fan of craigslist.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I love craigslist as well.... bought a real nice makeup vanity for my Florida home and in the process of looking for a nice sectional as well....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by siyah View Post
    ^^^ yea there are acouple of craigslist apps already out but I dont think they're that great. The best of the 2 i believe (Craigs Mobile List) keeps crashing on me now. Im excited for this im a huge fan of craigslist.
    That with the recent update they did? I know it always crashed on me until I updated it.

Either way.. Don't see what would make this news over any other repeat app that's already out. Ya know?
    Last edited by JA.3; 01-01-2009 at 08:39 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JA.3 View Post

Yea they do and im using it right now... The funny thing is that the last app that came out for craigslist also got posted up as NEWS in this site

Green Apple
    Thanks

The best app so far for Craigslist is ahhh what's it called....damn... Oh yeah, SAFARI. If you want it on your screen, save it as a bookmark and save some dough.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AppleChic View Post

craigsphone from Next Mobile Web on Vimeo.

So Craigslist is going mobile, as Next Mobile Web has created a new app for the iPhone called Craigsphone.

Craigslist is known for bringing the Internet to your front door and Next Mobile Web thinks this app will take this aspect of Craigslist to the next level.

Next Mobile Web lists these features:

“ui: clean formatting of most cl pages.
    post while mobile: including ability to upload photos and share location.
    history: craigsphone remembers your recently viewed postings
    nearby: see stuff, fun, and people nearby (sf bay area and manhattan only, for now).
    more: clickable phone numbers, best of (!), much more to come”

Next Mobile Web also says the best is still yet to come with, “but the best will come when we take the best local site in the world and make it truly local. stay tuned.”

Granted it’s not the most exciting news this week … but Craigslist is one of my favorites and I will definitely be using this app on my unlocked iPhone 3G ;-)

Source: Next Mobile Web
    I ABSOLUTELY dont intend to sound snyde but hasnt this been out for months?..Ive had it since sept/oct'ish!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrmiller007 View Post
    I ABSOLUTELY dont intend to sound snyde but hasnt this been out for months?..Ive had it since sept/oct'ish!
    yep like i said before, modmyi likes craigs list so much that they posted it twice for 2 different craiglist apps, in other words they arent working or checking their previous works, instead they are just bringing old news back

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I dont think that craigslist on an iPhone makes sense...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I would sell myself on craigslist if I could.

Awesome App.

Thanks

Great app,

but y all the complaining people?

Quote Originally Posted by JA.3 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    Yea they do and im using it right now... The funny thing is that the last app that came out for craigslist also got posted up as NEWS in this site
    Quote Originally Posted by loafomatic View Post
    The best app so far for Craigslist is ahhh what's it called....damn... Oh yeah, SAFARI. If you want it on your screen, save it as a bookmark and save some dough.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmiller007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    yep like i said before, modmyi likes craigs list so much that they posted it twice for 2 different craiglist apps, in other words they arent working or checking their previous works, instead they are just bringing old news back
    Jeeze people don't you ever think before you open your mouth?

First I definitely appreciate this new post. Yes, Poetic_Folly posted another item about a craigslist app that is a much fuller featured craigslist browser than safari. Hefty 2.99 pricetag, but a decent app that does what safari can't. The funny thing is noone had a prob with folly posting about a craigslist app, the first page was bitchin cuz its not free. So they follow up with a free alternative and that bad too? SHEESH

Second, often when there is a similar program a second news item is posted, maybe to make sure we have the facts? I like that!

Couple examples:

iBlacklist and MCleaner updates: Both programs do the same thing but get there a little differently. I appreciate knowing about both of them and this helped me make a educated decision about which app to purchase.

Cycorder and iPhone Recorder: Similar apps one cost a ton the other is free. No complaints here about knowing whats available and saving me a few bucks.

Craigsphone and Craigsmobilelist: Craigsphone is free first off, I appreciate the story follow up to let me know theres a viable option that is free and may work better for me. I dont think you can post ads with Craigsmobilelist ant if you try to post a ad in safari forget about uploading a pic.

Third, I'm sick of people with 3 or 5 or 9 freaking post coming on here and bashing applechics post just because you may not like her post. Shes doing her job. She's good at it. If you dont like her post dont read it.

GO MMI TEAM!! Best iphone site hands down please keep up the great work and dont listen to this garbage!!

Nice app, Great post, thanks for letting me know theres a free I think better option to the cragslist item posted here a while back! This one rocks I often pick up a few bucks selling stuff for people on craigslist and this will make it much easier!!!
    Last edited by mikdiamon; 01-02-2009 at 09:05 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

So why can't I find this app in the app store or cydia? Where is it?

EDIT: I had to go to the app store on my iMac to find it. Weird. It didn't show up on my iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey folks,

First off, AppleChic, thanks for the coverage! We're really excited about craigsphone and the unique combination of features it offers, including nearby listings (listings near your iPhone GPS position) and the ability to both browse and post listings. Plus, it's FREE!

luvmytj: If you're having trouble finding craigsphone in the store, you can download from the AppStore with this link.

Happy New Year!

Best,
    Ishan
    Next Mobile Web

19. The Following User Says Thank You to nextmobileweb For This Useful Post:

BenzoHartt (01-12-2009)

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm..What I don't get is the mouse cursor scrolling and clicking in the video. Did they just do it through the build and go sim in the SDK?
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Green Apple
    Thanks

This app is garbage. It censors the results. It doesn't list the personals section and some other postings I tried to open gave me a message that it was inappropriate for the apple app store.
    Craig's Mobile List is much better.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikdiamon View Post
    Great app,

but y all the complaining people?

Jeeze people don't you ever think before you open your mouth?

First I definitely appreciate this new post. Yes, Poetic_Folly posted another item about a craigslist app that is a much fuller featured craigslist browser than safari. Hefty 2.99 pricetag, but a decent app that does what safari can't. The funny thing is noone had a prob with folly posting about a craigslist app, the first page was bitchin cuz its not free. So they follow up with a free alternative and that bad too? SHEESH

Second, often when there is a similar program a second news item is posted, maybe to make sure we have the facts? I like that!

Couple examples:

iBlacklist and MCleaner updates: Both programs do the same thing but get there a little differently. I appreciate knowing about both of them and this helped me make a educated decision about which app to purchase.

Cycorder and iPhone Recorder: Similar apps one cost a ton the other is free. No complaints here about knowing whats available and saving me a few bucks.

Craigsphone and Craigsmobilelist: Craigsphone is free first off, I appreciate the story follow up to let me know theres a viable option that is free and may work better for me. I dont think you can post ads with Craigsmobilelist ant if you try to post a ad in safari forget about uploading a pic.

Third, I'm sick of people with 3 or 5 or 9 freaking post coming on here and bashing applechics post just because you may not like her post. Shes doing her job. She's good at it. If you dont like her post dont read it.

GO MMI TEAM!! Best iphone site hands down please keep up the great work and dont listen to this garbage!!

Nice app, Great post, thanks for letting me know theres a free I think better option to the cragslist item posted here a while back! This one rocks I often pick up a few bucks selling stuff for people on craigslist and this will make it much easier!!!
    lol, what i find funny is why modmyi would post an app inferior to the one they posted a couple of months ago, inferior in means of price.

Im saying this because iit seems like modmyi is running out of news to talk about and just starts spitting out usless 3 dollars apps on their site not realizing there is a better free app for craigslist, this is basically not worth my money therefore i call it thrash news