+ Reply
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16 5664656667 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1326

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ RELEASE ] 3G iPhone Unlocked - Eat the yellowsn0w

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by confucious So long as you don't upgrade your BB you can still use YellowSn0w so, to keep it simple, do NOT restore to any FW other than
    iPhone? More like MyPhone newyork0900's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    So long as you don't upgrade your BB you can still use YellowSn0w so, to keep it simple, do NOT restore to any FW other than 2.20
    What is your Model No? that will tell us if it is possibly a UK phone (the same model no is used in Ireland so not definitive but if not a UK model at least you will know).
    Trying to activate on O2 will not do any harm - if it doesn;t work you can still use YellowSn0w.
    So long as you make sure you don't upgrade your BB you will be OK.
    Thanks for your help!! The model number is MB489B, which I believe is Ireland/UK. If I'm on BB 2.28 How do I downgrade, to test if it will work. Also if it does, would I then be able to upgrade to 3.0, which will change my BB? My main aim is to allow my to update via iTunes anytime i.e when iTunes release the NEW and improved update with all the extras.

Thanks

Download iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw
    Hold down shift and click restore in iTunes and make sure you select the ipsw file you have just downloaded.
    Once it has restored set up as a new phone and see if iyt activates with your O2 SIM.
    If it does you can restore your backup if it doesn't just jailbrake and install yellowsn0w again.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Download iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw
    Hold down shift and click restore in iTunes and make sure you select the ipsw file you have just downloaded.
    Once it has restored set up as a new phone and see if iyt activates with your O2 SIM.
    If it does you can restore your backup if it doesn't just jailbrake and install yellowsn0w again.
    Thanks confucious, I have downloaded the file, but when I shift and restore, then go to selct the file it does not show anything, I then selct the folder within the main folder and again it doesn't allow me to select anything (if you understand what I'm trying to say).

Thanks

Do you have a file called iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw on your PC?
    When you hold shift restore it should look for *.ipsw - does it?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Do you have a file called iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw on your PC?
    When you hold shift restore it should look for *.ipsw - does it?
    I do have the file, but when you select the file and click open, it does not fill in the file name, hence nothing.

Thanks

Do you not see something like the attached?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ RELEASE ] 3G iPhone Unlocked - Eat the yellowsn0w-capture.jpg  

7. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

newyork0900 (05-28-2009)

Thanks

Do you not see something like the attached?
    Confucious, thanks for your help and patience. I don't get the attached, shift, restore, then the same as the screen shot you've got, but when I click on the folder, the file name rnames blank, I continue to select the various folders, but it still does not put anything in the file name. It is set on ipsw

Thanks

Folder? the .ipsw is a file not a folder. Have you unzipped it?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

newyork0900 (05-28-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if you look at the screenshot above there is a little box above cancel and open click on the little arrow and pick ispw then search for ur ispw

Thanks

Folder? the .ipsw is a file not a folder. Have you unzipped it?
    It has been unzipped and is sat on my desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by markps View Post
    if you look at the screenshot above there is a little box above cancel and open click on the little arrow and pick ispw then search for ur ispw
    The screen shot above shows the exact same as what I have except, the file is not contained within any folder. The selection box next to file name, has been selcted for ipsw, a search has been made using the search option at the top of the window but has not found anything.

Thanks

You should NOT unzip it! It needs the ispw file.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

newyork0900 (05-28-2009)

Thanks

I have downloaded the zipped file you provided on your previous post and then unzipped it to my desktop, which created a folder, I then opened itunes, then hold shift while clicking restore, it then opened another small window as shown in your attachment, but showed icons on my desktop, leaving wher it says file name blank, along side that it gives the drop option for ipsw or something like icpu? If I selct the desktop folder and click open it then opens to show to other folders, if I select one of those and click open it once again does the same, until there are no folders left to open. It clealry does not recognise ipsw anywhere on my computer or the zipped file I donwnloaded from your link. Sorry to be a pain

Thanks

Why have you unzipped it? Just download the file, do NOT unzip it then select it in iTunes.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

newyork0900 (05-28-2009)

Thanks

I have now not unzipped it and opened itunes, hold shift, click restore and window opens displaying desktop icons, the zipped file is not there

Confucious I renamed the zip to ipsw and it worked, the phone restered and was activated as new, all my apps etc was up back on. So a big thanks to you your the man. Now the big question, I now assume, due to the phone now being excepted as new I can now update the fw via itunes, thus updatin the BB??
    Last edited by newyork0900; 05-28-2009 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You should now have FW 2.20 with BB 2.28 and be good to use jailbreak - making sure you use the ipsw file you've just used then download Yellowsn0w from cydia. Do NOT upgrade to 2.21 in iTunes!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

newyork0900 (05-28-2009)

Thanks

You should now have FW 2.20 with BB 2.28 and be good to use jailbreak - making sure you use the ipsw file you've just used then download Yellowsn0w from cydia. Do NOT upgrade to 2.21 in iTunes!
    Sorry confucious, it may just be me being very thick but my iphone has version 2.2(5G77) and BB 02.28, it has no cydia/yellowsn0w and my O2 sim is working perfectly. I thought I would be able to update the FW via itunes and it would still work with updated 2.21 and BB

Thanks

Do you want to be able to unlock your phone? If so do not upgrade to 2.21 as this will stop YellowSn0w working.
    If you want yellowSn0w you now need to jailbrake it and install cydia.
    If you are 100% certain you will only ever use your phone on O2 (and never want to put a local SIM in when you go abroad or use another network) then you could upgrade but you will not be able to unlock it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

newyork0900 (05-28-2009)

Thanks

I would never move from my network provider O2, 800 minutes talk time 1600 text and unlimited 3G, all for 20 + perfect coverage The only thing I would want to do is jailbreak it so I can have winterboard back on etc...

Thanks

But O2's 3G is so much slower than T-Mobile's....

Why bother to update though? Just jailbreak what you have then you still have the option of YellowSn0w if ever you want it.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

newyork0900 (05-28-2009)

Thanks

But O2's 3G is so much slower than T-Mobile's....

Why bother to update though? Just jailbreak what you have then you still have the option of YellowSn0w if ever you want it.
    True If I did update, would I still be able to Jailbreak but just wouldn't be able to use Yellowsn0w