+ Reply
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15 556364656667 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1326

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ RELEASE ] 3G iPhone Unlocked - Eat the yellowsn0w

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Why on earth did you upgrade to 2.21 despite all the warnings? There is no fix yet and unlikely to be. You will have to wait until 3.0 is out
    Thanks

Why on earth did you upgrade to 2.21 despite all the warnings?
    There is no fix yet and unlikely to be. You will have to wait until 3.0 is out and unlocked. Until then a piggyback SIM is your only hope.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3g unlock
    ive only just bought the phone second hand and i jumped straight in without reading up first,''doh''will the piggyback sim unlock it without any complications,,i want to jailbreak it to so i can add cydia,,?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please tell me the iPhone DEV team has verified there will be a unlock for OS 3.0 for iPhone 3G??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i hope so too mate,, not to far away i hope too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith View Post
    ive only just bought the phone second hand and i jumped straight in without reading up first,''doh''will the piggyback sim unlock it without any complications,,i want to jailbreak it to so i can add cydia,,?
    Jailbraking isn't a problem at all. You just can't use YellowSn0w (which is to unlock the phone to use on another carrier).

Quote Originally Posted by ScottFern View Post
    Please tell me the iPhone DEV team has verified there will be a unlock for OS 3.0 for iPhone 3G??
    They have verified that they are working on it.
    Last edited by confucious; 04-27-2009 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

could you tell me where i can get the software to jailbreak it,,i am on 2.2.1, 02.30.03 5.9 3g
    cheers

Thanks

Lots of info about your phone - which is good, but unfortunately none about your computer. I use windows so will point you in the direction of that...

Look in the downloads section here

For a MAC you could use either quickpwn or pwnage - quickpwn is nice and simple, pwnage allows you to customise your FW.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

captsmith (04-28-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ve only just bought the phone second hand and i jumped straight in without reading up first,''doh''will the piggyback sim unlock it without any complications,,i want to jailbreak it to so i can add cydia,,?
    Digg
    sham you did not read up first but I hope you get it sorted, can happn to any one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr space View Post
    sham you did not read up first but I hope you get it sorted, can happn to any one.

Yeah, I did the same thing with my wife's iPhone 3g. She hadn't pluged it in in months so when I pluged it in it said update it so I did. Thats when I really started to look in forms deeper and found out that I really srewed up. DAH!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for that info confucious mate,, i have now jailbroken my phone and it is great,
    not to bothered about unlocking it yet as i am on o2 payg with free internet,,
    thanks again
    steve
    Last edited by captsmith; 04-28-2009 at 02:39 PM.

Thanks

Glad you got it sorted - I gave ne of those SIMs to my daughter and O2 have said they will cut off her internet access just because she isn't using an iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone newyork0900's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anybody know if I have an iPhone with yellowsnow, is jailbroken and is on a o2 simplicity sim. Could I upgrade the firmware to 3.0, knowing that it would stop the yellowsnow working, but because it is on a o2 sim, would it still work???

Thanks

Yes it would - assuming, of course, that it's locked to O2 UK.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Yes it would - assuming, of course, that it's locked to O2 UK.
    Prior to going on o2 I used a turbo sim, when I was on 3 netwrok, the yellowsnow upgraded and I could just use the 3 sim on it's own. I later changed to o2 sim card.

How would I knnow if it would work

Thanks

If it's a UK iPhone it will work.
    Where did you get it from?
    Simple way to check is uninstal/disable yellowsn0w - if it still works you're fine, if not just re-instal/re-enable.

Thanks

I've just tried it. Uninstalled it and restarted my phone. I got the signal bar, but no signal and no network icon. Back to yellowsnow for me

Thanks anyway

Thanks

You guys are awesome!!
    We truly appreciate all the efforts you guys have put into having the rest of us enjoy the iPhone.
    We hope that the new 3.0 brings an easier unlock for those of us who got an OOB 2.2.1 3G with BL 05.09, and cannot fully enjoy all the capabilities of what, for now, is just an expensive iPod touch.
    Thank you, and keep it up!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newyork0900 View Post
    I've just tried it. Uninstalled it and restarted my phone. I got the signal bar, but no signal and no network icon. Back to yellowsnow for me

Thanks anyway
    Not necessarily - I've been thinking about this.

If it is a UK phone then if you restore the phone and activate through O2 then jailbrake it should work. If your phone was activated via quickpwn it will not work with O2.

To try you will need to restore a FW with BB 2.28.00 to make sure you can go back to YellowSn0w if required but if the phone is locked to O2 it will work.

On the other hand, if you ever want to unlock you will need to keep BB 2.28 so what's the problem with using YellowSn0w?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Not necessarily - I've been thinking about this.

If it is a UK phone then if you restore the phone and activate through O2 then jailbrake it should work. If your phone was activated via quickpwn it will not work with O2.

To try you will need to restore a FW with BB 2.28.00 to make sure you can go back to YellowSn0w if required but if the phone is locked to O2 it will work.

On the other hand, if you ever want to unlock you will need to keep BB 2.28 so what's the problem with using YellowSn0w?
    It bought the iphone on ebay and was informed it required a turbo sim. I don't know if it is a UK iphone or was bought in another country. I have no problems with yellowsnow, its excellent, but I was looking at the benefits of being able to upgrade my iphone with the latest firmware adn thus havin he additional extras when 3.0 comes out. My iphone us currently on BB 2.28.00. If I start from scratch and go via itunes update it will change the baseband and I will have no iphone for years How do I find out if it is a UK phone or a foreign import (also which country it is from). Also I have an idea on how to reset, but am uneasy at atviating through O2,as the last thing I want is a phone I can't use, so a "idiot" guide on how best to carry this out, would be appreciated.
    Last edited by newyork0900; 05-25-2009 at 09:47 AM.

Thanks

So long as you don't upgrade your BB you can still use YellowSn0w so, to keep it simple, do NOT restore to any FW other than 2.20
    What is your Model No? that will tell us if it is possibly a UK phone (the same model no is used in Ireland so not definitive but if not a UK model at least you will know).
    Trying to activate on O2 will not do any harm - if it doesn;t work you can still use YellowSn0w.
    So long as you make sure you don't upgrade your BB you will be OK.