Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1326

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ RELEASE ] 3G iPhone Unlocked - Eat the yellowsn0w

Was your SIM in when you jailbroke?
    Have you tried turning 3G off and resetting Network settings?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

the sim was in when i jailbroke it i tried turning 3g of and reset network settings but no go.

guys im having a little trouble..my internet wont work on ,my unlocked 16gb iphone i can make and recieve calls and text messages but when i try to go online it says "COULD NOT ACTIVATE CELLAR DATA NETWORK" WAT DO I DO? I NEED MY INTERNET =/ IVE GOT TMOBILE BY DA WAY IF DAS ANY HELP

Have you filled in your APN/Username/password?
    What country are you in? It works on 3G on T-Mobile in every country except the USA.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Hi. I live in China, just got to the US, jailbroke the phone using quickpwn then got yellowsn0w installed, then did lots of reboots and lots of taking the card in and out, and NOTHING. It keeps saying "No SIM." Now this is a China SIM card; I will try a US card ASAP just in case this is the problem. The thing that worries me is that I had this phone worked on, because the SIM drawer would not go in all the way, due to some obstruction. They opened it to fix it. So I am worried it might be a hardware problem caused by dumb people. Anyone heard of this "No SIM" thing?

I got a quick question.
    What's the difference between an unlocked iPhone through Jailbreak (because this unlocks it as well right?)
    and an unlocked iPhone through Yellowsn0w?

Thanks in advance,

Bash

Quote Originally Posted by Bashjune1983 View Post
    I got a quick question.
    What's the difference between an unlocked iPhone through Jailbreak (because this unlocks it as well right?)
    and an unlocked iPhone through Yellowsn0w?

Thanks in advance,

Bash
    Jailbreaking is opening up the file system. Ex. Having Cydia to install Cycorder or any app of your choice.

Unlocking is making your iPhone work on any GSM network.

To unlock 2.x, you need to JAILBREAK your iPhone first with either QuickPwn (Windows) or Pwnage (Mac) and THEN using Cydia, download and install yellowsn0w.

Look for a guide to do this in the coming day or two. I am finishing one up for you guys...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

Bashjune1983 (2009-01-25)

thanks for clearing that up.
    I'll wait for the guide!

Bash

Just to say thankyou to the Dev team. Bought a pay and go 16gb and Jailbroke and ulocked first time no problems. Thanks again.

For people having issues i left the o2 pay and go sim in the iphone during jailbreak and unlock. Then once i powered the iphone off after installing yellowsn0w i then put in my voda sim. Hope this might help.

im not very computer savvy so when im filling out the package form what file or w/e do i put in the "screenshot 'and "package" fields???

i dont have OS X so how do i jailbreak?
    Last edited by juelzo9; 2009-01-27 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Anyone know how good a 3G unlocked works with T-mobile?

very good i got mines using tmobile with my sidekick data plan no issues at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trinirspeed View Post
    Works flawlessly for me. Voice/Text are perfect. I don't have data on my plan so can't comment but I would assume it to be fine if I update my settings.
    Apples taste good.

Hey guys, check the first post for the newly made tutorial on how to unlock your iPhone 3G. Be sure to read the instructions carefully and make sure you are on 2.2 firmware!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What an awful post.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinirspeed View Post
    It does depend on what country you are in.

Outside the USA it works great.

In the USA it will work fine apart from 3G which, of course, will not work.

Yellow sn0w update 0.9.7!

Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post
    No mention on the Dev team blog! But it's there on Cydia.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post
    Warning. DOES NOT UNLOCK 2.2.1 baseband 2.30.03!! Exclusive to 02.28.00 baseband (from 2.2).

Note: Works fine on my 2.2 3G
    Last edited by Mes; 2009-01-30 at 03:08 PM.

Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast