+ Reply
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1326

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ RELEASE ] 3G iPhone Unlocked - Eat the yellowsn0w

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Congrats on the unlock. I followed the instructions to the letter and everything worked absolutely fine, right up untill I had to make or receive calls. I'm on o2 in
    What's Jailbreak? socialchameleon's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats on the unlock.

I followed the instructions to the letter and everything worked absolutely fine, right up untill I had to make or receive calls.

I'm on o2 in the UK and found after doing this my calls were failing 90% of the time, people were ringing my landline saying they couldnt get through to my mobile. I don't know if any one else has had the same issue's? It was so bad I had to restore and leave it (not even jail broke it yet).

So the problem is either with the new 2.2 jailbreak or yellowsn0w? ...well in my case it is anyway. Hopefully someone will read this and know if its a problem with the software or not.

Cheers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jabij1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    Everything was successful for my g/f Rogers sim now works in my Fido iPhone. The only thing is, the signal drops every 10-20 seconds which I don't mind except for the dropped calls. I tried taking out simfor 2 min and Airplane mode off 3 mn and on and still does the signal flux
    same problem here with rogers sim card...signal comes and goes every few seconds and the phone makes a noise everytime the signal comes back...getting kind of annoying, if anyone knew a solution to this i would greatly appreciate some help

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm getting angry, seems like when I reboot it's nearly impossible to get my service back up and running normal again. Hope a new update comes out soon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3g unclock
    Hi, sir i tried to unclock my 3g iphone which ibought it from airtel,i jailbreaked it using the pwn software which i downloaded last month frm modmyi website and i added the yellow snow app on iphone but after installing also it does not show in installed app in cidra so please help me

regards
    mohd tarique

Hi, sir i tried to unclock my 3g iphone which ibought it from airtel,i jailbreaked it using the pwn software which i downloaded last month frm modmyi website and i added the yellow snow app on iphone but after installing also it does not show in installed app in cidra so please help me

regards
    mohd tarique
    Last edited by mdtariq208; 01-05-2009 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Works perfectly with a t-mobile sim here in houston. I couldnt get it to work without typing the commands in terminal though.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Listen everybody !!! Your APN is assign by T-Mobile. They use several different domain names, epc.tmobile.com is one, internet2.voicestream.com, internet3.voicestream.com are others, and there are even more. This is a fact!!!!

In order to get Edge/Internet you must set your phone to the correct domain name.

Call 611, say 'BlackBerry' at the voice prompt and you will be connected to the correct department. Ask what's the correct APN for YOUR account.

You might get something or it might work for awhile by using a non-assigned domain, but it will NOT be reliable. One day in the not-too-distant-future, your internet access will just stop working and you'll be pulling your hair out figuring out what happened.
    Ok mr its a fact, here is a list of ALL tmo usa APN's use the one that works, that simple.. if you have an internet plan, one will work.. if not, then you should be calling in.

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/T-Mobile_APNs

It CAN take upto 48 hours for it to start working.. so it should take you a week to test them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone i pimping's Avatar
    Thanks

here in thailand apn settings are
    apn internet
    username leave blank
    password leave blank

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i pimping View Post
    here in thailand apn settings are
    apn internet
    username leave blank
    password leave blank
    Is there only one network in Thailand?

lots of networks settings can be found at Settings by Network - WinMo @ MoDaCo
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

freyes01
    Quote Originally Posted by Josephali View Post
    I am on AT&T and ran yellowsn0w. I hardly get full 3G now, and most of the time I have no service..
    I had the same problem (signal was on and off and never got 3G) and the only way that I was able to fix it was restoring my iphone to factory settings. Now I have full bars and 3G all the time. I guess there must be a bug with yellosn0w and ATT sim cards.

I'll try again with a future version (other than 0.95) to see if it is more stable.

good luck
    Last edited by freyes01; 01-05-2009 at 09:55 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    This is amazing.

Now all we need is a way to get our hands on a 3G iPhone without a bloody contract.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

im just asking this because we talking about 3g phones...
    ok i unlocked my 3g iphone so im selling my 1st gen iphone...
    i know how to restore to know but how do i get my personal info off
    my apps store when you trying to download something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by discostar View Post
    This is amazing.

Now all we need is a way to get our hands on a 3G iPhone without a bloody contract.
    They sell them without contract here in the UK....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

51 pages of comments.. damn! lol @ backgrounder running in the screenshot

Thanks

I can't wait til all the little bugs are gone. I've read all 1013 posts so far. I can see it's very close. I think I'm gonna keep my 2.11 going though until there is a concise way of getting this to work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ive been doing everything that evryone is saying and I still don't get no service. I had it for about 15 seconds twice but it leaves and that it. I'm running 2.2 on T-Mobile in New York City

Green Apple
    Thanks

TRY TURNING OFF 3G and then restart ur phone and wait about 30 seconds and u should have service and Tmobile will remain this time.....it worked for me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone i pimping's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Is there only one network in Thailand?

lots of networks settings can be found at Settings by Network - WinMo @ MoDaCo
    no there is a few but ive tryed it on 2 other network sims and it workt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i pimping View Post
    no there is a few but ive tryed it on 2 other network sims and it workt
    In most countries each operator has it's own APN(s) - obviously not the case there then.

Having said that, using yellowsn0w my APN username and password are all blank and it works fine on T-Mobile UK!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdrdok View Post
    TRY TURNING OFF 3G and then restart ur phone and wait about 30 seconds and u should have service and Tmobile will remain this time.....it worked for me.
    Nope, that didnt work. I tried just about everything. Don't know what should I do next. Someone please help!

Thanks

Turn off 3G, WiFi and SSH
    Reset Network settings.
    Once phone reboots, wait 1 minute.
    Then toggle airplane mode. It should then say 'searching' and, hopefully, find your network.