+ Reply
Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 59 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 1326

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [ RELEASE ] 3G iPhone Unlocked - Eat the yellowsn0w

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
@franijose. (null)(null) for carrier setting is NOT good. When the phone is really seeing a valid carrier that will not be null. I would suggest looking more closely in that
...
  1. #961
    Mes
    Mes is offline
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,025
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 788 Times in 731 Posts

    @franijose. (null)(null) for carrier setting is NOT good. When the phone is really seeing a valid carrier that will not be null. I would suggest looking more closely in that area . . which is required before APN/Edge can work.

  2. #962
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by franijose View Post
    Tmobile
    It should be showing up as Tmobile.

    I say start fresh.

    DFU mode in itunes and restore to 2.2

    Set up as a new iphone

    Quickpwn 2.2

    install yellowsn0w

    If it works then you can go back to itunes and restore from backup.

  3. #963
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    @franijose. (null)(null) for carrier setting is NOT good. When the phone is really seeing a valid carrier that will not be null. I would suggest looking more closely in that area . . which is required before APN/Edge can work.
    Where it reads network it reads tmoble but down where it reads carrier it reads null.

    Quote Originally Posted by center_99_99 View Post
    It should be showing up as Tmobile.

    I say start fresh.

    DFU mode in itunes and restore to 2.2

    Set up as a new iphone

    Quickpwn 2.2

    install yellowsn0w

    If it works then you can go back to itunes and restore from backup.
    How can I set up as a new phone? evrytime I do the upgrade it tell me the my sim is not valid and i Have to end up unplugin the phone from the computer

    Quote Originally Posted by center_99_99 View Post
    It should be showing up as Tmobile.

    I say start fresh.

    DFU mode in itunes and restore to 2.2

    Set up as a new iphone

    Quickpwn 2.2

    install yellowsn0w

    If it works then you can go back to itunes and restore from backup.
    How can I set up a new phone everytime I upgrade it tells me the i my sim is invalid and then I have to disconect the phone from the computer and do the back up after that
    Last edited by franijose; 01-04-2009 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #964
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    everything works for me except edge also.... I have the edge icon on the top corner but when try to connect to anything it says could not activate cellular data...when i go to the vpn its blank. any suggestions?

  5. #965
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by luckydezl View Post
    everything works for me except edge also.... I have the edge icon on the top corner but when try to connect to anything it says could not activate cellular data...when i go to the vpn its blank. any suggestions?
    I thought I was the only one having this problem

  6. #966
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by franijose View Post
    I thought I was the only one having this problem
    his problem is that in his cellular data network he needs to put...... epc.tmobile.com in the APN
    and leave the user and password blank theres another one but i dont know it

  7. #967
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by melo107 View Post
    his problem is that in his cellular data network he needs to put...... epc.tmobile.com in the APN
    and leave the user and password blank theres another one but i dont know it
    wish thaat was my problem. I know there are twi option for this wap.voicestream.com or epc.tmobile.com. My problem is the I am not getting the option on the phone Cellular Data Network. I am only getting VPN and that is it

  8. #968
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by franijose View Post
    How can I set up a new phone everytime I upgrade it tells me the i my sim is invalid and then I have to disconect the phone from the computer and do the back up after that
    If you have an at&t sim card use it to restore and quickpwn

    when you get to the step for installing yellowsn0w put in your t-mobile sim.

    If you need an at&t sim you can get one at any at&t store. They should give it to you free if you tell them you need it for your iphone.

  9. #969
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Yea I just went to settings,general,network,cellular data network,under apn i put the epc.tmobile.com...and it works now.

  10. #970
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    813
    Thanks
    417
    Thanked 108 Times in 80 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by itsjdmyo View Post
    idk if that has been asked and answered yet. There are just too many pages to go through. But will this program work on my 1st gen. Iphone running on 2.2fw? Or only for 3g phones?
    lmmfao!

  11. #971
    Green Apple TheAppShare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Clemente
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    I am on AT&T and ran yellowsn0w. I hardly get full 3G now, and most of the time I have no service..

  12. #972
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    813
    Thanks
    417
    Thanked 108 Times in 80 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by franijose View Post
    Almost everything is working on mine except EDGE. Can anyone help please. I want to stop messing around with this is Sunday time for the familiy.
    READ!!!!!!

    if you set your APN to epc.tmobile.com and edge still doesnt work
    try putting your sim in a tmobile phone and surf tzones then put it back in and wala!

    Quote Originally Posted by Josephali View Post
    I am on AT&T and ran yellowsn0w. I hardly get full 3G now, and most of the time I have no service..
    a few people including myself
    have found out that if you change the permissions on the daemon to 777 your at$t sim will work flawlessly

    i have let the devs know to add a switch to allow at$t sims to work and when a non at$t sim is inserted it will switch back.

    .96 may have a solution built in.

    until then just uninstall it or change the permissions to 777
    Last edited by tattoojack; 01-04-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #973
    Green Apple TheAppShare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Clemente
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post

    a few people including myself
    have found out that if you change the permissions on the daemon to 777 your at sim will work flawlessly

    i have let the devs know to add a switch to allow at sims to work and when a non at sim is inserted it will switch back.

    .96 may have a solution built in.

    until then just uninstall it or change the permissions to 777
    Shweet. thanks for the info. Your portfolio is ****** dope btw.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheAppShare For This Useful Post:

    tattoojack (09-16-2009)

  15. #974
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    READ!!!!!!

    if you set your APN to epc.tmobile.com and edge still doesnt work
    try putting your sim in a tmobile phone and surf tzones then put it back in and wala!
    I know you are the F'ING MAN now that you have 500 posts, but quit being a Coxzors and you READ!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by franijose View Post
    wish thaat was my problem. I know there are twi option for this wap.voicestream.com or epc.tmobile.com. My problem is the I am not getting the option on the phone Cellular Data Network. I am only getting VPN and that is it

  16. #975
    Green Apple TheAppShare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Clemente
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by franijose View Post
    wish thaat was my problem. I know there are twi option for this wap.voicestream.com or epc.tmobile.com. My problem is the I am not getting the option on the phone Cellular Data Network. I am only getting VPN and that is it
    Download the APN settings patch from Cydia. Lets you edit your APN/wap settings.

  17. #976
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Josephali View Post
    Download the APN settings patch from Cydia. Lets you edit your APN/wap settings.
    I already suggested that, but he already did and it didn't work.

  18. #977
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by luckydezl View Post
    Yea I just went to settings,general,network,cellular data network,under apn i put the epc.tmobile.com...and it works now.
    Good for you. I am still trying

  19. #978
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    SO t-mobile edge speeds wont be any faster on the 3g then they would on the 2g?
    YOU HELP ME, I THANK YOU
    I HELP YOU, YOU THANK ME

    AND WE'RE ALL HAPPY

  20. #979
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    thank ellicit, i follow as you post it work for me, thank

  21. #980
    iPhone? More like MyPhone i pimping's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    thailand
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    when i first got 3g phone i had a 10 year old orange true sim card i bought here but it wouldnt work with the turbo sim so i got new 12call (ais)sim thats works with turbo sim.ive just tryed old sim with ys and it works perfect
    so a big thumbs up to the team

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts