+ Reply
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ RELEASE ] 3G iPhone Unlocked - Eat the yellowsn0w

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Yeahh thank you worked for me!!!!!!!!!! Originally Posted by empyrials hahahhaha ok i got back from the store and decided to give it one more shot. After following the steps
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeahh thank you worked for me!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by empyrials View Post
    hahahhaha ok i got back from the store and decided to give it one more shot. After following the steps listed several times here i had quit for the night but like i said after i got back i just wanted to try again.

I inserted the sim, waited a few mins, airplane mode on/off and nothing... Rebooted via boss, waited several mins(4-5 ish) did airplane mode on/off and it actually said searching!!!!

Before it was only flashing searching and then it'd go to dots, this time it stayed up there saying searching, bam full signal. I've made a 10 min phone call so far. Received phone calls, sent/received text messages. Edge works, wireless works.

Everything works that i know of and i've not lost service so far.

yeah thank you worked for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Empyrials View Post
    HAHAHHAHA ok i got back from the store and decided to give it one more shot. After following the steps listed several times here i had quit for the night but like i said after i got back i just wanted to try again.

I inserted the sim, waited a few mins, airplane mode on/off and nothing... rebooted via Boss, waited several mins(4-5 ish) did airplane mode on/off and it actually said searching!!!!

before it was only flashing searching and then it'd go to dots, this time it stayed up there saying searching, BAM full signal. i've made a 10 min phone call so far. received phone calls, Sent/received text messages. Edge works, wireless works.

YEAH THANK YOU WORKED FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AND also i just made an out going call too works for me!
    Last edited by AndrewIbk; 01-01-2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

where are you located?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HAHAHHAHA ok i got back from the store and decided to give it one more shot. After following the steps listed several times here i had quit for the night but like i said after i got back i just wanted to try again.

I inserted the sim, waited a few mins, airplane mode on/off and nothing... rebooted via Boss, waited several mins(4-5 ish) did airplane mode on/off and it actually said searching!!!!

before it was only flashing searching and then it'd go to dots, this time it stayed up there saying searching, BAM full signal. i've made a 10 min phone call so far. received phone calls, Sent/received text messages. Edge works, wireless works.

What service provider do you have and what country are you in. I have usa t-mobile cant send calls either but ill try your way if you have the same things as me thanks

Thanks

EDIT: forgot to add to this post, i'm USA T-Mobile. Everything is still working just when i reboot from installing apps sometimes i have to go do te airplane mode again but it works flawlessly other than that !!
    Interesting! I haven't tried using BossPrefs and rebooting via that, I'll make sure to do it and then do the Airplane trick and see if I can finally make calls. Thanks for the tip!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone from Fido get this to work? I actually tried puting in a Rogers sim and it says Invalid Sim if I do the network reset, If I don't do that, Rogers will show, but no netwrok will work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

after hours playing around with different tips I finally made it work:

-restart from SBsettings
    -*unlock screen appears* (with normal shut down and start this doesn't happen)
    -wait for 1-2 minutes before unlocking screen
    -enable airplane mode for 10 seconds
    -disable airplane mode
    -searching and then carrier appears

Note: if you restart normally you should start all over the steps above

I tried commands via terminal, yellowsn0w from installer instead of cydia, etc and nothing worked. The only thing I changed from the dev guide was to install SBsettings from cydia and use that to reboot.

Hopefully this helps those still experiencing problems..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Smile Woot woot!!
    Got my 3G the day before new years here in las vegas, and woke up to the yellowsn0w this morning, i'm on tmobile USA and downloaded it straight from installer rather than cydia (after several tries). Did the airplane mode thing, it only worked sometimes. But i do have the phone unlocked and working perfectly on edge network, last thoughts are....

...that when i turn on the phone, my signal bars remain blank until i make a call, thats when the phone searches for the signal and bars are back up again.

thanks dev team!! happy new year!!! appreciate the hard work!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Working good
    Hi from Florida. Yellowsn0w is working very good here.

All need to do is turn 3G off and reset network setting.
    using T-Mobile full bar.

many thanks Dev-Team i will donate for your hard work.

Thanks

Happy new year! Thanks dev team!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

only receive call, can't out coming call..... will wait and wait... and patient ... :-)

Thanks

Great work on yellowsnow. WOOT.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried it and it isnt working for me did you redo everything or just do what you said you did. Airplane mode just says invalid sim how long do you leave it on airplane mode before turning in off please any help

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srbrian5 View Post
    Hi from Florida. Yellowsn0w is working very good here.

All need to do is turn 3G off and reset network setting.
    using T-Mobile full bar.

many thanks Dev-Team i will donate for your hard work.
    But can you make outgoing calls without a signal crash?...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by w0by View Post
    My 3G on T-mobile USA will not work, just goes to "no service". I followed the easy instructions but it still isn't working. Oh well, I'm sure they'll have fixes in a week or so. Anyone have their Tmobile USA 3G working with the software unlock?
    Might want to be careful with that question. Seems like some people in here are having a Bit#h fit when you ask that particular question.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the airplane trick never worked for me how long do you leave it on airplane mode

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Mine just started fully funcioning after about 5 hours of trying different methods listed here. Upon reboot I recieved the dots, but after switching in and out of airplane mode right quick, I was fully functioning once again.

I cant say exactly what I did, but shortly before the phone decided to start working, I put in an old extra sim and toggled in and out of airplane mode. Once the active SIM was inserted, I reset all network settings and that's when it began working. I had already done this before and that's why I cant explain why it began working all of the sudden that time.

I am afraid to run anymore tests as I am already pushing the limits and feel everything is fragile in it's current state.

NO JINX!!!

Reinstalled YellowSn0w only once
    Model: 3G 8GB
    Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlos.michell View Post
    Might want to be careful with that question. Seems like some people in here are having a Bit#h fit when you ask that particular question.
    you asked more than once the same question after it got answered...if you read and actually searched on here, you wouldn't have even had to ask

Green Apple
    Thanks

i third that. I know it a beta version in all but i am sure Dev team knew about this issue before releasing this program. I'm sure Dev team will release another update for this program.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willgfranc View Post
    Mine just started fully funcioning after about 5 hours of trying different methods listed here. Upon reboot I recieved the dots, but after switching in and out of airplane mode right quick, I was fully functioning once again.

I cant say exactly what I did, but shortly before the phone decided to start working, I put in an old extra sim and toggled in and out of airplane mode. Once the active SIM was inserted, I reset all network settings and that's when it began working. I had already done this before and that's why I cant explain why it began working all of the sudden that time.

I am afraid to run anymore tests as I am already pushing the limits and feel everything is fragile in it's current state.

NO JINX!!!

Reinstalled YellowSn0w only once
    Model: 3G 8GB
    Carrier: T-Mobile USA
    so you can apparently make calls huh?

Anyone notice that so far, those that can "make calls in the US on TMO" all have under 5 posts? I haven't seen one that looks legit yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bballcat03 View Post
    so you can apparently make calls huh?

Anyone notice that so far, those that can "make calls in the US on TMO" all have under 5 posts? I haven't seen one that looks legit yet.

LoL, Scoffers will Scoff. Please don't be bitter because mine is fully functioning.

FYI, I listen(read) a lot more than I talk, hence the reason for so few posts. Could you maybe learn something from that?

Thanks,

WillgFranc

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willgfranc For This Useful Post:

bballcat03 (01-01-2009), imagineThiss (01-01-2009)