Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 1326

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [ RELEASE ] 3G iPhone Unlocked - Eat the yellowsn0w

  1. #321
    ugh i tried everything again step by step and only get Dots or sometimes no service Tried with my gf's sim as well

    i have:
    T-Mobile USA
    8gb 3g

  2. #322
    Super Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,786
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 394 Times in 268 Posts

    Apple have been spanked yet again.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Apple have been spanked yet again.
    Um, I think we're the ones that got spanked this time.

  4. #324
    After trying forever, I finally got it to work again.

    I tested it on my 8GB iPhone 3G, without a hitch. I got signal as soon as took it out and waited 10 seconds after the lockscreen showed up.

    However, on my 16GB iPhone 3G, this was NOT the case. I took literally two hours to get it to work. But right now it seems to work, so I won't even TRY to make calls since many are reporting it not working.

    I ended up doing the Airplane Mode On & Off thing, and that seemed to work.

    Using T-Mobile as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Empyrials View Post
    ugh i tried everything again step by step and only get Dots or sometimes no service Tried with my gf's sim as well

    i have:
    T-Mobile USA
    8gb 3g
    Try doing this:

    1. Install yellowsn0w thru cydia, keep your T-Mobile SIM in the iphone while doing this.
    2. Reset Network, General -> Network -> Reset Network.
    Setting "Most important" 99% success rate will depend on this
    3. Reboot your iPhone
    4. Wait a little over a min.
    5. Remove your sim card and re-insert it back in
    6. Wait 30 sec.
    7. Turn on Airplane mode and wait 10 sec. "This is important as well"
    8. Turn of Airplane mode, you should see "searching" start smiling T-Mobile carrier will start appearing.
    9. See if you can receive calls!

  5. #325
    it's a no go for MTC TOUCH Lebanon..

    i've tried everything and still nothing, if anybody gets it working on mtc let me know what you did please!

  6. #326
    Finally got my iphone white 16gb 3G to work tmobile usa
    installed 2.2 with 2.28 baseband and yellowsn0w, rebooted waited nothing happened, after nothing else seem to work I tried toggling airplaine on and off several times till it says searching about 10-15 seconds later tmobile comes on, everything works calls out, receives calls, internet E works. Had to reboot my iphone a few times to update progams and does the same thing just toggle the airplaine mode several times, then searching, wait, then works. Thanks
    Last edited by thchillbilly; 01-01-2009 at 04:18 PM.

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by thabrews1986 View Post
    anyone heard anything from the dev team or any mods it seems everyone in the USA trying to make calls with this software in unable to do so. Now our turbo sims wont work there are turbo sims for the 2.2 software on ebay for a pretty reasonable price I wonder if they work though or if the dev team has found a way to fix this problem but so far we are all pretty much in the same boat everything works except not able to make calls. If anyone else knows anything to change this please post.
    Turbo Sim Version 2.2 will work with it. Version 2.2 features:
    -WORKS FLAWLESSLY WITH THE 2.2 FIRMWARE OR BELOW
    -UNLOCKS MANY OTHER CELLPHONES SUCH AS BLACKBERRY, G1, NOKIA, SAMSUNG AND ETC
    -VERY STABLE WITH NO DROP CALLS / SIGNAL LOSS
    -NO SIM CUTTING REQUIRED
    -GPRS/EDGE INTERNET
    -I-TUNES SYNCING PERMITTED
    -VERY THIN DESIGN ALLOWING EASY IN N OUT ACCES

  8. #328
    No go, I just tried making a call and this made my 5 bar signal drop to none. So at least I can confirm this with everyone else in the U.S using T-Mobile as well.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by thchillbilly View Post
    Finally got my iphone white 16gb 3G to work tmobile usa
    installed 2.2 with 2.28 baseband and yellowsn0w, rebooted waited nothing happened, after nothing else seem to work I tried toggling airplaine on and off several times till it says searching about 10-15 seconds later tmobile comes on, everything works calls out, receives calls, internet E works. Thanks
    He says he's from USA, but I'm gonna wait to believe it until someone with some credibility says it works, rather than someone with 1 post

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by bballcat03 View Post
    He says he's from USA, but I'm gonna wait to believe it until someone with some credibility says it works, rather than someone with 1 post
    I wouldn't be so hasty just yet,

    Part of this worked for me at least, I'll try testing outgoing calls since I have nothing to loose right now anyways.

    However, after I lost my signal. I just ended up messing with the Airplane On & Off thing instead of rebooting and doing all that mess, about having to re-insert and wait so and so seconds before inserting again.

    I got the signal back after a few tries with the Airplane On & Off.

    So I'll just mess around and see if I can make a call, at least texting (receiving and sending works for now.)

  11. #331
    iPhone? More like MyPhone imagineThiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    ?????????????????????? ring around the rosy BABYY lool

  12. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenthor View Post
    Try doing this:

    1. Install yellowsn0w thru cydia, keep your T-Mobile SIM in the iphone while doing this.
    2. Reset Network, General -> Network -> Reset Network.
    Setting "Most important" 99% success rate will depend on this
    3. Reboot your iPhone
    4. Wait a little over a min.
    5. Remove your sim card and re-insert it back in
    6. Wait 30 sec.
    7. Turn on Airplane mode and wait 10 sec. "This is important as well"
    8. Turn of Airplane mode, you should see "searching" start smiling T-Mobile carrier will start appearing.
    9. See if you can receive calls!

    i did exactly that, twice. then tried other variations after that, no go. I'm done playing for a few hours i might wait till tomorrow to see what people have done. thanks for the input tho

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Empyrials View Post
    i did exactly that, twice. then tried other variations after that, no go. I'm done playing for a few hours i might wait till tomorrow to see what people have done. thanks for the input tho
    Sorry it didn't work for you, I know I had to try a whole bunch of different crap before I got it to work. Now just messing with the Airplane On & Off mode, seems to get my signal back when I do loose it.

    Outgoing calls DO NOT work for me either though, I've tried it three times after loosing signal, but no luck.

    Oh well, at least most things seem to be working. Better than nothing. (My Gevey SIM card was already dead so... :P)

  14. #334
    Worked for tmobile US here! I used bossprefs to reboot (which somehow made a difference as opposed to booting on my own 3 times) and didn't need to do airplane mode to get it working but I do have that bug without outgoing calls. Hope they find a fix for this soon. Thanks dev team!

  15. #335
    Shocked it don't work, but it don't work! Hope its resolved soon.

  16. #336

  17. #337
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,025
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 788 Times in 731 Posts

    With all the problems hate to say this. But when DevTeam mentioned deamon process . . . I decided to wait. As a long-time Unix guru, deamons can be just that --- Deamons!! Sure wish a permanent 'flash-the-baseband' solution was available. That'll always be more reliable even thought there are greater risks of bricking. Sorry all for your problems. Hope a permanent fix comes soon.

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by lasteve View Post
    Im I the only one or is anybody else on AT&T repeatedly losing connection?
    I did the yellowsn0w install from cydia and everything went fine. I unlocked it like 1hour and half ago and in that time ive lost connection about 50 times.
    I am having the same problem. I just removed yellowsnow and my phone is working fine.

  19. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Apple have been spanked yet again.
    Uhhh no I think the DEV TEAM are the ones who got PWNED this time

    Quote Originally Posted by loafomatic View Post
    Um, I think we're the ones that got spanked this time.
    hahaha true that

  20. #340
    yes it does work with T-mobile in US (i am in Chicago). i have 16 gb 3g and i tried everything that i found on this post and got nowhere, not even signals. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling yellowsnow too but no luck. finally, i put in my friends t-mobile sim which is a lot newer sim than mine and got some signals and T-mobile sign. i tried making call but as everyone it failed, but when i put in my own sim again i didnt have any signals at all. so i turned an airplane mode on and waited about 30seconds-minute and turned off airplane mode and yes i got full signals and now i can make calls and receive. everything seems to be working fine as of now but when i turn the phone off and turn it back on i get no signals again. however, when i use the airplane mode trick it comes back to normal. now i have full signals, i can make calls, receive and edge and wifi is working good too.... hope this helps,

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •