Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G Unlock VERY SOON - Works on ALL Basebands?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

hi i have a laptop running Windows Vista. so apparently i can't use pwnage tool so can use like winpwn or quickpwn to jailbreak it after updating to 2.2? pllz reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so which new year's eve is this going to be released on?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to burdell1 For This Useful Post:

romeoz (01-01-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Miro89 View Post
    hi i have a laptop running Windows Vista. so apparently i can't use pwnage tool so can use like winpwn or quickpwn to jailbreak it after updating to 2.2? pllz reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you should be able to just use quickpwn.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

hi i am using Windows Vista. so apparently i can't use pwnage tool and that was the only software stated in the dev-team blog so can i use like winpwn or quickpwn to jailbreak after i update to FW 2.2? plz reply

itīs UP!!

[ pf edit: DO NOT LINK TO THE SOURCES. The dev team SPECIFICALLY asks you not to in their post. A completely free unlock, delivered (almost) on time, easily downloadable and applied, and you can't oblige their ONE request? come on. ]
    //Hackīz

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,227 Posts

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by wohhey View Post
    (((( im 200km from home and GUESS what.OMG MY MACBOOK IS brokem -.- keyboard hasnt been working in last 16hours. Why ALWAYS me -...-
    It's not always you....
    Over a week ago, I was fortunate enough to spill 16 ounces of the best home made iced tea directly into my macbook. It was on at the time, but only for a second. It shut down almost instantly, and I wanted to cry. The next day, I took it apart, dried it, and let it dry. Then I scraped away all the residue on the board, and like, it still didn't come on! And then a few days later, I tried it before salvaging parts, and it came on.

Anywho, off topic. A+ job to the DevTeam for the unlock. Apple has NOTHING on you guys. But you knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    EDIT: Yup, 3G unlock works on 02.28.00 modem firmware (baseband). Check Update 3 on the dev team blog post!

2ND Edit: The Dev Team says the yellowsn0w Cydia package will be up as soon as the dev team member in charge of the repo fixes a file permission error. See update 3 on the dev team blog post

3rd Edit: If you do NOT have the 02.28.00 bootloader, and are going to want to unlock - do yourself a favor. Back up your stuff now, restore to a fresh 2.2 IN ITUNES, then use PwnageTool to make that a jailbroken 2.2 with 02.28.00 baseband (this guide). That way you won't have to when the unlock is released here shortly.

4th Edit: Its out.

Well, the dev team has posted another blog entry earlier today. The contents are purely this:

Now, that in binary translates to vtaber 61060174. What is that? A German blog surmises vtaber is most likely ROT13 code. EDIT: The German guys found that info from a comment on the Dev blog apparently... (hi, Germans ) In that case, the post would translate to IGNORE 61060174. Post 61060174 on the Dev Team blog said, in a nutshell, that you'd need to preserve your baseband at the 02.11.07 version (check Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware to find your baseband version) if you wanted a 3G software unlock on your iPhone.

Could the dev team be letting us know to ignore that part now? That the yellowsn0w release, coming up today, will work on the newer baseband as well?

A few hundred thousand 02.28.00 baseband users who would like to unlock their 3G iPhones sure hope so.

DevTeam Blog

thanks for the excellent work, i am able to unlock the iphone 3g on O2 in uk. great work guys thanks for all your sincere efforts and deication.
    cheers.

Thank GOD for Yellowsn0w
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789