+ Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G Unlock VERY SOON - Works on ALL Basebands?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by wePhone You can't. Damn dude, can you read at all? Honestly, it's been said liek a million times in this thread. ?????? Goodnight Everyone. Maybe Latter. Permissions
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    You can't. Damn dude, can you read at all? Honestly, it's been said liek a million times in this thread.
    ??????

Goodnight Everyone. Maybe Latter. Permissions are not ready.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 01-01-2009 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

is it up

Banned
    Thanks

Oh snap new UPDATE on the DEV TEAM BLOG!!

Update 5: StealthBravo = EPIC FAIL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DSMKilla View Post
    Oh snap new UPDATE on the DEV TEAM BLOG!!

Update 5: StealthBravo = EPIC FAIL
    Been waiting for that to repost for like 30 minutes

Green Apple
    Thanks

does anyone know if its gonna come up as an update or what?

Thanks

I am bored with you. Latter

By the way check out cydia when you get a chance
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 01-01-2009 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I was messing fellas

Trying to lighten the mood after all the bickering

Sheeeesh sorry for messing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just hope a fake IMEI will come out too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

[irrelevant]
    Last edited by tonycortes; 06-09-2010 at 01:20 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question 3g unlock
    Hi, I am a new member to this website and find it very interesting, however, I seem to be getting mixed messages about the unlock for iPhone 3g with firmware 02.28.00 is this available "NOW" and if so where could I go to get the software?
    Thanks.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Not yet.

You'll see a news post when it is.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

punkstar31 (01-01-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cant Wait For The Release!

[pf edit -i am tired of the bt story being spammed everywhere to me. i will post news about it in the morning when i have verified it. so far not one of them will hold a conversation with me.]

oh and this just popped up on the dev team blog:

Don't eat yellowsn0w!

Hello all,

We wish you a very happy 2009!

We are about to release the unlock application, and we have some information that you will need.

* The unlock application (that we are about to release) works with baseband 02.28. This baseband update is provided by the latest firmware update from Apple, you’ll need to upgrade to this release using iTunes and then use QuickPwn to activate etc, there are plenty of tutorials about this.
    * The application is a small daemon that is launched on boot and also whenever there is a baseband reset, you won’t know anything about it (apart from the use of the third-party SIM) it is small and unobtrusive, there is no GUI, this is by design.
    * You can add the application using the sources outlined below (coming soon), there are Cydia and Installer sources available, use whichever you are comfortable using.
    * The application is released on a non-commerical basis, do not accept pirates of this software. We license this software for single use and in a non-commerical environment (meaning you can’t charge for it). The techniques and methods used are not to be used by third party companies.
    * Happy 2009 and enjoy!
    Last edited by CoopaTroopa; 01-01-2009 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Let's see if it goes online.

I can't believe I stayed up.

Thanks

so few questions guys,it is now safe to upgrade our baseband to 2.8 or or w.e now right?

also my sim card does not have any apps so i won't have that sim issue etc right?

Thanks
    Thumbs up yellowsn0w
    That's it we are all nearly there and ready to start 2009 yeear with your iphone 3G . The dev team will release it very soon ..
    Posted on the dev team Blog 1 hour ago (1:09pm Gmt+2)RELEASE INFO

UPDATED RELEASE INFO:
    Don't eat yellowsn0w!

Hello all,

We wish you a very happy, healthy, and hopeful 2009!

We’re about to release the yellowsn0w 3G unlock application, and we have some information that you may find useful:

BASICS

* The unlock about to be released works exclusively with baseband 02.28.00. This baseband is provided by the latest firmware update (2.2) from Apple. You’ll need to upgrade to this release using iTunes and then use QuickPwn to activate etc. There are plenty of tutorials about this on iclarified, bigboss, and other established tutorial sites. Because it works on 02.28.00, it is available to everyone on the planet. This means we don’t need to unnecessarily expose holes in earlier basebands, which is an important concern.
    * The application is a small daemon that is launched on boot. It injects the payload at boot and also whenever there is a baseband reset. You won’t notice anything about it other than that your third-party sim now works. It’s a small program and unobtrusive. There is no GUI (this is by design).
    * You can add the application using the sources outlined below (coming soon). There are Cydia and Installer sources available, so use whichever you are comfortable using.
    * yellowsn0w is completely removable through Cydia, the command line, and iTunes.

DETAILS

* There is a known issue with SIM cards that have STK (SIM Toolkit) application menus. These menus are usually items such as “top up” “get credit” “lotto numbers” etc. These menu items confuse the application sometimes. Removing and reinserting the SIM once after reboot (give it about 10 secs after you see the slide to unlock widget) fixes this issue. We’re working on a better fix.
    * For those of you using SIM cards without STK menus, the application has some optional arguments that will make the unlock much faster for you. So either experiment on your own (use “yellowsn0w -h” for usage) or wait for a customization writeup.
    * After you install yellowsn0w via Cydia, you should return to the Cydia main menu then reboot your iPhone with the 3rd party SIM installed. Wait for the slide to unlock screen, then wait 10 or 15 secs more. If you don’t see your carrier name pop up, then remove your SIM, reinsert it, and wait 10 secs more. This is the step we’ll be working on eliminating next.

RANDOM

* The application is version 0.9. This is considered beta software, you use it at your own risk. You know the score.
    * The application is released on a non-commerical basis. Please do not accept pirates and scummy ripoffs of this software. We license this software for single use and in a non-commerical environment (meaning you can’t charge for it). The techniques and methods used are not to be used by third party companies. We are watching you Jody…we won’t be so forgiving this time.
    * Direct linking to the repository URLs is prohibited, please only link to this post. We will be checking referers.
    * Happy 2009 and enjoy!

The iPhone 3G is used all over the world with all sorts of SIM cards, and we almost certainly will see untested and unexpected situations. If the soft unlock doesn’t work for you on day 1 (literally day 1, of 2009!) then please don’t panic or be impatient. This is new territory for everyone, so enjoy the ride as much as you can
    Last edited by slik; 01-01-2009 at 08:09 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to slik For This Useful Post:

romeoz (01-01-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Been keeping track of that blog all night..

I give up now. I'll check later on today to see if it's been released, hopefully I can use my iPhone again, and donate some bucks to the Dev Team.

At least I did spend some time out partying and with family. And I also restored to factory 2.2, then did the jailbreak, and left everything ready.

So I'm off to bed. At 7 AM.
    Last edited by punkstar31; 01-01-2009 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Just because.

Thanks

Everyone is working hard... Great job!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

So we didn't update to 2.2 to preserve our basebands so we could unlock to be told last miniute that the unlock only works with the latest baseband. I for one don't want to f**k about updating to 2.2, loosing all my apps and themes. So I won't be unlocking my 3g, well not yet anyway.

That's my gripe overwith.

Happy new year to the Dev Team, MMI and everyone out there. And great work Dev Team I do appreciate all your hard work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post
    So we didn't update to 2.2 to preserve our basebands so we could unlock to be told last miniute that the unlock only works with the latest baseband. I for one don't want to f**k about updating to 2.2, loosing all my apps and themes. So I won't be unlocking my 3g, well not yet anyway.

That's my gripe overwith.

Happy new year to the Dev Team, MMI and everyone out there. And great work Dev Team I do appreciate all your hard work.
    hmmm kinda worried about that too, I have a 2.2 with the 2.11.07 baseband and went through a lot to get it like that and have it just like I want, and now, I _have_ to update the baseband and loose everything?

actually can anyone confirm that if I choose update in itunes it will update the baseband while leaving all appz and stuff I installed working?

anyway, ouch....

Edit: News:

MuscleNerd • 67p
    Two days ago we got it working on 02.28.00. It's really as simple as that.

We're releasing it for the one baseband that everyone in the world can run if they choose. We'd rather not expose holes that Apple may or may not know about on earlier basebands.
    Report Post reply
    4 minutes ago
    Last edited by Lostfaith; 01-01-2009 at 07:07 AM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lostfaith For This Useful Post:

coppernights (01-01-2009), slik (01-01-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

damn i'm running 2.2 on my 3g with a baseband of 01.48.02 i was super patient and followed the dev teams guidlines to keep my baseband for a future unlock.

ah well. still stoked on this even though i'm currently in an at&t contract.