+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Citrix and Windows on the iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by A.T What 2.2.1? That was a fake. If there is an update Apple better put in better SMS features, I need forwarding and to delete an individual
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    What 2.2.1? That was a fake.

If there is an update Apple better put in better SMS features, I need forwarding and to delete an individual text. I already paid for a phone that cost more than other phone and has less features than any other phone on the market.

I'm sick of paying more money for apps that shoulda been on the phone already. No wonder people use cracked apps! And no I didn't know these features were missing when I bought it!
    i know i paid 8 dollars for swirly and 10 for ireal sms and another 10 or so for a file veiwer that i cant even edit with but i do hope it has something more from what i gathered is push notification

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    This is gonna have a HEFTY pricetag methinks!
    Agreed, sir. I'd be happy to pay for this if it were reasonable, though... Looks awesome!
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Citrix is much different than vnc so those trying to compare the two might want to do a little research. I did and this seems like a killer app for those that need it but it is not a app for the masses. If your company does not use citrix its of no use to you but for those who need it this could be a amazing app.

As far as AppleChick i dig most of her post and i pass on the ones that dont interest me. If any of you can do better get on it! She's doing her job and obviously the news has been slow lately so keep up the good work AC!
    Last edited by mikdiamon; 12-28-2008 at 01:49 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx View Post
    THANK YOU!!! I dont post very often. I really just lurk and check for news updates. But I've wanted to say it for some time now!
    And she gets paid to post crap...
    iLive an iLife

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Citrix is a thin-client VMware - not a VNC client
    Quote Originally Posted by mikdiamon View Post
    Citrix is much different than vnc so those trying to compare the two might want to do a little research. I did and this seems like a killer app for those that need it but it is not a app for the masses. If your company does not use citrix its of no use to you but for those who need it this could be a amazing app.
    Agreed. Citrix is not VNC client - it's a thin client VMware. It allows you to access a suite of apps within a thin client. There is no remote access to a computer - it's accessing apps through a server/farm. Depending on the ICA that's being developed for the iphone, we'll either access via a web portal, or directly through the desktop - or springboard in this instance.

Since the XenApp client/presentation server software is freely available to Citrix endpoint users, I don't see this as having a hefty pricetag, in fact - i don't see it coming with a pricetag at all. Instead, I view it as being an extension to the lineup of platforms currently available for the Citrix server.

My biggest concern is how this app can best be optimized/utilized within a 480x320 screen. I'm blind already trying to read webpages using the iphone - and zooming in and out will decrease productivity. But, I'll reserve judgment until I've actually had hands on experience with it. Until then, I look forward to following development progress and ultimate introduction to the iphone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is sweet. Being an IT professional which is on-call for a quarter of my life, now I can troubleshoot thru my phone without having to carry a computer to the Bar, errrr....to my friends house.

I wonder if it's going to be restricted to WIFI only?

BTW....I don't carry a computer in the bar. I leave it in my car. I'm not THAT big of a dork.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This isn't just a VNC app. What is best is that this is a LARGE corporation, especially one that is one of the market leaders for virtualization. In the healthcare biz, this will be fantastic as there are now many physicians that are demanding iPhone access to applications, but there is no IT solution as of yet. My friend in IT (our Citrix admin) is not going to like this, but he will have to. I've already told him that I will be using this app once it comes out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jaadu Remote Desktop is a RDP client that is available *now* on the app store - Jaadu RDP . It lets you connect to the Windows machines using Microsoft's native RDP protocol. So you don't need a VNC server running on the PC.

NCMacMan: Ask your friend to try it out - if he his virtualizing Windows machines this should work for him without needing any additional software.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Jaddu VNC does that as well. Bad thing about it is if your IP address changes, then your screwed, well at least I am. The guy who called this post crap, you should have realized that by now 90% of AppleChics post aren't very good.

If you want this why wait, Jaadu VNC works perfectly but you do get what you pay for.
    You just need to put a static IP adress or use Jaadu Connect. I have Jaadu VNC as well and it's really great, there's not much more it could do. Of course its not 30 fps but the technology is limited on both the iPhone and the network. I don't know what Citrix will offer that Jaadu doesn't but I'm looking forward it!

What 2.2.1? That was a fake.

If there is an update Apple better put in better SMS features, I need forwarding and to delete an individual text. I already paid for a phone that cost more than other phone and has less features than any other phone on the market.

I'm sick of paying more money for apps that shoulda been on the phone already. No wonder people use cracked apps! And no I didn't know these features were missing when I bought it!
    Then why did you buy an iPhone? You robably knew everything about it before you bought it. I am perfectly satisfied with my iPhone. Saying it's less than other phone is an insult to how great the iPhone is as a gadget and smartphone.
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 12-29-2008 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

who cares

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default hia
    haiyaaa

Thanks

nice announcement, but do we really need all? on iphone, i just need small but productivity apps, right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

During MacWorld, the Citrix guys were there touting the new receiver app. A PR blurb indicates they plan on releasing it via the AppStore 1Q'09. Additionally, it will be a free download:

"Application delivery firm Citrix has been demonstrating its long-rumoured iPhone client at the Macworld show this week.

Executives confirmed that it would ship through Apple's App Store as a free download this quarter."

(source: Citrix readies iPhone client - vnunet.com)

Personally, I'm looking forward to trying this out. The demos look promising for feature-rich use of the actual Ofc apps.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Old news!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12