Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: dTunes Nears 1 Million Downloads

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default dTunes Nears 1 Million Downloads

Have you downloaded dTunes? With free torrent downloading, video downloading, and music downloading, as well as TV Video Out for watching downloaded content on your home TV, its no wonder dTunes has over 930,000 lifetime downloads in Cydia. Yah, I know I need to update our stats page in browser to show overall total downloads per package, although you can check Cydia to see real time results for downloads.

dTunes connects you to SeeqPod, TinyTube, TPB, or any video/music/torrent site (those are the defaults, but you can edit them however you'd like), and allows you to browse and then download those videos/torrents/songs to your iPhone. You can play them directly from dTunes as well usign the built in player and file organizer.

Richard Shearman, via the MMi Cydia Repo, first brought you dTunes in September - since then its come to be one of the most popular jailbroken apps out there.

At its current rate, dTunes will soon push over 1 million downloads - not bad, Richard.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

Florporoj (02-23-2011), harrysworld (01-02-2009), Judymasso (02-23-2011), Sezmo (02-19-2011)

i was a faithful dtunes fan til mewseek ,
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

harrysworld (01-02-2009)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't like that the latest dTunes had to install mobileterminal aswell.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

harrysworld (01-02-2009)

it crashes on me, cant get past the first screen. Also why the hell do i need that stupid terminal.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alek For This Useful Post:

harrysworld (01-02-2009)

I have used this since the 1st day it was released, and I LOVE IT!! admittedly seeqpod doesn't find much music unless its a year or so old. But that is by no fault of dTunes. Congrats and thanks a million Richard!!!

And to you whiners, who cares if terminal is installed? MewSeek is cool, but the torrents in dTunes are better than waiting in a 2+ hour que on Mewseek!! Plus Mewseek has no media player, you cant preview the music, and you cant even view the files you've downloaded!! Dock Terminal in SBSettings and quit bichin until you come up with a better app!!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOnlyest For This Useful Post:

harrysworld (01-02-2009)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I care if mobile terminal is installed. Waste of icon space. S

admin edit: don't insult others.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

harrysworld (01-02-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxhorseriderxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to use dTunes a lot before I found out I could download from Seeqpod and Project Playlist on my computer =X I use dTunes when I'm out on the road on someöne's WiFi =]>

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    I care if mobile terminal is installed. Waste of icon space. So shut up sad loser ^
    just poof it off...
    Last edited by xxhorseriderxxx; 12-24-2008 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xxhorseriderxxx For This Useful Post:

harrysworld (01-02-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    I care if mobile terminal is installed. Waste of icon space. S
    easy solution. Poof it...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to afkrazy For This Useful Post:

harrysworld (01-02-2009)

i didn't realize it had tv video out. i'll have to give it a try with my 3rd party cable when i get back from spending time with the family.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

18. The Following User Says Thank You to billchase2 For This Useful Post:

harrysworld (01-02-2009)

Ok I know I am asking for something pretty crazy and it probably won't happen but what if you could connect your iPod/iPhone to an external HDD and download large torrents to it. It would be a very cool torrent box that would use hardly any power or take up much space especially if you used a 2.5in HDD.

Maybe not the most practical but that would be amazing.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to reallynotnick For This Useful Post:

harrysworld (01-02-2009)

what formats does the player support?

a divx decoder would be great, pwnplayer doesnt cut it and Orb can get choppy.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to nimavafi For This Useful Post:

harrysworld (01-02-2009)

When using video out with a 3rd party cable from DX, I hear music but nu video, only a blackscreen.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Nagihiko For This Useful Post:

harrysworld (01-02-2009)

Wow, A lot of info on this post alone!
    Hells Yeahs..................

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Dellzip For This Useful Post:

harrysworld (01-02-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can anyone help me with Terminal?

When I am downloading a torrent and I quit Terminal sometimes the download dissapears it doesn't all the time for some reason. When I return to terminal I just end up with the main screen saying iPhone:~mobile$

Is there anyway resume the download because I find my self always have to restart it again using the ./gettorrent command again.

Is there something that I have to press before I exit or is it just a bug in the system that is causing it to stop?

dTunes is not as promising as it sounds, it's just advertised better than similar apps.
    mod edit/links removed

Always crashes on me....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME