View Poll Results: Do you think an iPhone Nano is coming to Macworld?

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

82 33.06%
  • no

166 66.94%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Nano for Macworld?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

Default iPhone Nano for Macworld?

Do you think there is an iPhone Nano on its way? At least one company does. After last week's "leak" of supposed cases for the iPhone Nano the case maker XSKN has taken everything even further putting up an entire section on their site devoted to case options for your iPhone Nano.

With the timing of this page going up it's only natural to speculate that there could be an iPhone Nano being announced at Macwold coming up in only two weeks. While XSKN has a history of having some solid insider info in the past with the iPhone 3g as Gizmodo points out, one has to question if there is really going to be an iPhone Nano announced at Macworld.

The iPhone Nano rumor seems to pop up about every sixth months with the most recent significant one being convincing pictures of the Nano's screen back in June. Steve Jobs isn't speaking during the Keynote at Macworld this year. Would the Jobs really allow someone else announce a new line of his beloved iPhone? The AppStore already has thousands of apps. These apps wouldn't work on an iPhone Nano unless it had the exact same resolution which is unlikely with a smaller screen. Could a iPhone Nano be a viable product without the AppStore? On the other hand it will reportedly be the last Macworld Apple attends. Maybe they want to go out with a bang.

iPhone Nano? I like polls take ours above

Thanks

Yuck no I hope not.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

That might be cool... but this would make the gaming and movie watching experience much less enjoyable on a tiny screen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

exactly, wtf would you want with an even smaller screen, and an even smaller battery?

NO NO NO NO NO HELL NO HELLA NO H E DOUBLE HOCKY STIckS NO!!! waht is steve thinking of??

If this were the answer clue on Jeopardy, the question would be "How does one sabotage current iPhone sales?"
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

why not
    it would be a little master piece
    i think at least a new iphone eg with 4G of memory will be announced soon for low budget markets

Shrinking the iPhone would be good - but not at the expense of the screen and we need more storage, not less!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D@D3CoUnTy View Post
    NO NO NO NO NO HELL NO HELLA NO H E DOUBLE HOCKY STIckS NO!!! waht is steve thinking of??
    He is thinking about market share and revenue from sales of the phone, itunes and app store. cha-ching

I don't see why the resolution would have to be exactly the same to run apps. I'm not sure as to how iPhone apps are written, but if relative sizes are used, the "nano" could conceivably scale UI elements. It's plausible.

The resolution wouldn't 'have' to be the same. On winMo some apps work in different res others don't.
    The point is, I wouldn't want less, only more.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Farrizx's Avatar
    Thanks

I just found this, possibly screenshot? That would be cool, i would so get a green one

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Farrizx For This Useful Post:

ostrichlord69 (12-28-2008)

NO!!!! I am sick of gadgets going so small! And plus the 3G iphone just came out, do you really think apple wants to stop the success?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

nerder (12-24-2008)

iPhone Nano sounds like a really bad idea to me. I'm not sure how it would even work. How would you be able to accurately touch a screen that small? People have complaints about the iPhone's screen the way it is right now, so the iPhone Nano would be a disaster. And if it's not a touch screen, then that basically takes away the whole principle of an iPhone.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to noggin123450 For This Useful Post:

.:MirrorminD:. (01-07-2009)

Gah, I really hope a "nano" version of the iPhone doesn't come out, or atleast for a while. The 3G did just come out not that long ago. When you think about it, less screen would be harder to watch movies on, and use the internet on. I would (somewhat) like it to be a little bigger, but it's perfect the way it is though.

this would be nice
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

http://iphonenano.com

can anyone guess where that link redirects you too?

(i think that pretty much screams, "iphone nano on the way!")

edit: that domain name isn't even owned by apple...
    but it sure got my hopes up though!
    Last edited by relientmt; 12-23-2008 at 06:17 PM.

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,971 Times in 3,496 Posts

1. iphone3g is expensive (with contract), so it makes sense to bring a low budget version for markets like china or asia/russia... because they do a lot of money with their appstore and want to make osx popular.
    2. the screenresolution is defintly no a problem ,because a smaller screen can have the same or even a better screenresolution So if this comes out im sure the screenresolution (pixels) will be the same just the screensize is smaller.
    3. If we like the idea or not (like me) it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by relientmt View Post
    Apple - iPhone

can anyone guess where that link redirects you too?

(i think that pretty much screams, "iphone nano on the way!")

edit: that domain name isn't even owned by apple...
    but it sure got my hopes up though!
    haha +1

I think its fake !
    I mean why would some company already have cases made for a prodect apple hasn't even released on the market !
    Apple is very quiet about these things

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast