View Poll Results: Do you think an iPhone Nano is coming to Macworld?

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

82 33.06%
  • no

166 66.94%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Nano for Macworld?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing an iPhone nano. It seems like a good idea to me. It would bring in the consumers who didn't like the iPhone because of its bulky size. For those of you who think it would be a bad idea because watching a movie or playing a game on it would be difficult, buy a Nintendo DS or a portable DVD player. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I do have a 3rd gen iPod nano and I can watch movies on it just fine.

Couldn't those screens be for one of the 14,345,211 iPhone ripoffs? Maybe the manufacturer is doing it for attention? I don't know...

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Personally....I could care less whether it comes out or not. If it comes out Im sure there will be a ton of people wanting it. Personally, ATM I would not.

a iphone nano i think would be stupid

i have a 2 inch papercraft iphone made of paper does that count as an iphone nano

One of the main reason i like the Iphone is because of its size.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

nerder (12-24-2008)

the only thing that i think is coming is the iphone 3G in different colors to sell more, i mean we went from aluminum to black and white, so why not come out with some more colors? And if they do lower the Gigs in an iphone to 4 it might sell more, mainly because there are a lot of people who dont use there iphone for music or movies, just apps, but then again apple wont do that because it will still cost almost the same to make a 4GB iphone as it does to make a 8GB iphone, make sense?

UPDATE:
    An iphone nano is lame, first of if you wanted a smaller ipod or anything get a ipod nano they are great, but dont ruin the best phone out there, the 3G, Its like giving you a new chevy 4 door then saying, but would you like this new Cobalt? Hell no is what i would say the iphone 3G is perfect for its size not to big, not much bigger than a blackberry curve.
    Last edited by cjgonzales1900; 12-23-2008 at 10:09 PM. Reason: update
    "Answering 1 Question at a Time."

iPhone 4: 32GB iOS 4.1 JB
    MacBook Pro 13.3": 2.26ghz/4GB/160GB SL 10.6.5
    iMac 21.5": 3.06ghz/4GB/500GB SL 10.6.5

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see the need...other than $$$$/Apple

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farrizx View Post

I just found this, possibly screenshot? That would be cool, i would so get a green one
    looks like a stack of coloured 3G's
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

NEW ZEALAND -> drop me a line if you live here too
    Thanks

Default its very possible
    look all businesses offer a simplified product range for those who dont want the "full" package and a smaller simplified iphone sounds just like an apple tactic, i mean a large portion of ppl will look at the iphone and wont want it due to all its features that they wud deem unnessary for their use so a simplified version would pander to their needs

i presume that it will b realesed in like a 4gb and 8gb edition with just the basics, and it wont have anythin to do with the app store, it may not even have wifi....but i think it will.

i beleve the nano edition will lack 3g, run on edge, and contain the basics that the first iphone had. safari, calender,music, contacts,phone, photos, weather, stock, def the mail app.

but like always we jsut have to wait and see. i think they apple are capitulatin on the last corner of the phone market to get those extra customers in the this economic crisis
    "if you want some cents, go get change for a dollar but dont talk to me"

Go one Youtube and search exekias

IF I HELPED WHY NOT THANK ME, ITS NOT LIKE I TAKE PART OF YOUR SOUL WHEN YOU ACKNOWLEDGE MY HELP.

Quote Originally Posted by cjgonzales1900 View Post
    An iphone nano is lame, first of if you wanted a smaller ipod or anything get a ipod nano they are great, but dont ruin the best phone out there, the 3G, Its like giving you a new chevy 4 door then saying, but would you like this new Cobalt? Hell no is what i would say the iphone 3G is perfect for its size not to big, not much bigger than a blackberry curve.
    Agree! Bringing a Iphone nano will totally damage the Iphones image, and it will impact design. And i am pretty sure Apple is not the type of company that would give up on design. I mean the Current 3G Iphone is perfect, i can not see how they could improve. If they make it smaller it would look very ugly and if they make it larger, then it would also look ugly.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

nerder (12-25-2008)

• The 'budget' reasoning is malarky. iPhone 3G 8GB is only $199, that's cheap enough.
    • Think about the selling points of iPhone currently: No stylus needed, due to such a large screen. Do you believe that Apple would basically back track on design all in the name of a 'Nano'?
    • Most apps would not work with a smaller screen. Not because of s/w or h/w, but because of the size of a person's fingers!
    • Apple already EOL'd the 4GB iPhone. If you want one, craigslist or eBay are your best options. They do not bring back that which has been EOL'd...
    • Lets take into account that this is an iPhone. The 2 main components are iPod and Phone (that's kinda why it's called iPhone).

I also heard that they might have a 1GB iPhone Shuffle coming out just in time for the holiday season in '09.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    That might be cool... but this would make the gaming and movie watching experience much less enjoyable on a tiny screen.
    I'm with you... I don't see the point. Unless they are introducig the 4G size again and calling it nano, its completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrizx View Post

I just found this, possibly screenshot? That would be cool, i would so get a green one
    WOW... This makes is almost convincing... Maybe they'll simply be offering more colors, and a smaller Memory. Just to make them more affordable and to allow access for the Go-Phone Customers. Can you say $99? So the rumor finds a way to resurface....
    Last edited by BenzoHartt; 12-24-2008 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

And I don't see the iPhones going cheaper than $199

17. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

nerder (12-25-2008)

Yeah. If it were cheaper than $199, it wouldn't be an apple product

I don't see why everyone is assuming it will have a touchscreen, they could easily make a flip phone or something of the sort with a click wheel and # keys. throw in the fact that you can sync it w/ itunes and BAM! iphone nano. A lot of teenage girls would definitely cry and beg their daddies to get them the new "tiny" pink iphone nano and with a cheaper price tag and service fees. sounds reasonable to me.
    -Ben

iphone flip phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exekias View Post
    i beleve the nano edition will lack 3g, run on edge, and contain the basics...
    ...like MMS?

Quote Originally Posted by auburnguy32 View Post
    I don't see why everyone is assuming it will have a touchscreen, they could easily make a flip phone or something of the sort with a click wheel and # keys. throw in the fact that you can sync it w/ itunes and BAM! iphone nano. A lot of teenage girls would definitely cry and beg their daddies to get them the new "tiny" pink iphone nano and with a cheaper price tag and service fees. sounds reasonable to me.
    I don't think apple will screw the iPhones image for sake of teenage girls. And a flip phone are you seriouse?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

nerder (12-25-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    I don't think apple will screw the iPhones image for sake of teenage girls. And a flip phone are you seriouse?
    Yeah true. Apple is a design solid industry part of their work is to keep design to as original to the max! And specially the iphone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast