Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: yellowsn0w live demo coming right up

well this work with windows vista when its released ive been hearn only for mac users

when this os releaseed you just need a jailbroken phone, no pc required to install (unless you havnt jailbroken)
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Jailbreaking = Allows you to install unapproved apps (from Cydia, for example)
    Unlocking = Allows you to use the phone with any carrier (in the US, that means AT&T or T-Mobile)

Since you're on AT&T already, you need not worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post

Since you're on AT&T already, you need not worry about it.
    I have ATT and I still need an unlock when I travel overseas. International roaming is way pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by thewill View Post
    I have ATT and I still need an unlock when I travel overseas. International roaming is way pricey.
    My statement was for the US, but yeah I suppose a pre-paid SIM card would be cheaper and you'd need an unlock for that.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

I've had my 2G for ages, but was recently considering making the jump to the 3G. I came back to MMi to see what has changed recently and found this thread - So many thanks are in order to the Dev Team!

However, I'd be faced with the same problem as many others - Buying a new 3G means that there is a chance it's running FW 2.2. I've never had to try this before, but would it be possible to downgrade FW versions? I mean, hypothetically, would I be able to purchase a 3G, downgrade to 2.1, then unlock it?

Thanks in advance.

well went out and bought a 3g white 16gb today 2.1 firmware and jailbroken was done so can't wait for this week!

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Right..... Like many i have been waiting for this since the Cave Men were around. And cant belive the day has come (thanks Dev Team)

Just so i am Straight on this.

I have A 3G phone running with Virgin Sim and i have Jailbroken it. So When Yellowsnow comes out on the 31.12.08 it will go on to Cydia and will be a simple download to unlock (this all sounds too good to be true or am i missing something???) is it that easy ?????????????????????????

Please let me know if i am getting tooooooooooooooooooo excited over nothing and i am missing something out.

Thanks

WOO HOOOO....
    now thats some thing
    will wait for it to come on cydia for sure....
    cooolllllll

I'm literally bouncing like a kid full of joy from seeing this. I was on my second TurboSIM card that just died on me about a week ago, so this is more than a blessing.

Thank you dev team for making this a possibility! Finally no more random loss of signal.

Once small question, so after unlocking the iPhone 3G via Cydia, can I update to firmware 2.2 via QuickPwn ? (Is the new one even out for Windows yet anyways?)

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    I have A 3G phone running with Virgin Sim and i have Jailbroken it. So When Yellowsnow comes out on the 31.12.08 it will go on to Cydia and will be a simple download to unlock (this all sounds too good to be true or am i missing something???) is it that easy ?????????????????????????
    Apparently, that is so! Notice how insanely fast he unlocked his iPhone 3G in the video? Well, the program they are compiling, will automatically run all the necessary things in seconds via a Cydia install. So yep, should be that easy!

i feel like a child. waiting for Christmas to come. ironically Christmas just passed

My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

so excited !!! ... can't wait good job YellowSnow

This question probably been asked. I'm just too lazy to read all the threads. Will there be a PC version? If not, What would be the best and easiest software for the PC to do this?
    "Knowledge Speaks But Wisdom Listens"

Quote Originally Posted by Bengal313 View Post
    This question probably been asked. I'm just too lazy to read all the threads. Will there be a PC version? If not, What would be the best and easiest software for the PC to do this?
    Did you even see how the unlock works? (you don't need a PC/MAC for it, you get it through Cydia. For jailbreaking there's options available for both MAC and PC already)

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

madeagle (12-30-2008)

Thanks

Default Dang it!!!!
    Alright, does anyone know if I can somehow get back to 2.1 and downgrade my baseband as well? Someone please PM me or something because I really want to unlock my iphone 3g...but I have this "newer" baseband. HELP ME!!!!!

Big respects to the Dev Team for all their hard work and efforts placed into making this dream possible. You guys are like the next Barack Obama. lol. We can't say thank you enough, but the best way to say thanks is if you guys put a donation link in the app. We would love to tip something, rather than being continuously ripped off by Furiousim and Yessim (they still owe me money). Thanks you guys. Can't wait for Wednesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by BradTrinh24 View Post
    Alright, does anyone know if I can somehow get back to 2.1 and downgrade my baseband as well? Someone please PM me or something because I really want to unlock my iphone 3g...but I have this "newer" baseband. HELP ME!!!!!
    your screwed man

iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a 3g which was updated to 2.2 when I purchased it not to long ago... I went to the genius bar and claimed it frooze on me every 15 min.. 10 min later I walked out with a iPhone 3G (refurb) but on the 2.1 FW.... SUPER STOKED!!!

DEV TEAM: YOU ARE THE IPHONE GODS

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Right..... I am Officially the most excited person in the world.....

I have one question (no change there then)

Yellow Snow comes out on 31.12.08 on Cydia.... what time does Cydia update (Time Zone) is in GMT. USA . only ask because if i have to wait untill midnight i might just expolde with anticipation.

P.S i know it updates everytime you load it but i was wondering what time it will be uploaded.

Thanks

is this software being released only for mac os? or windows too? thanks.. i don't have a mac yet. hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by madeagle View Post
    is this software being released only for mac os? or windows too? thanks.. i don't have a mac yet. hehehehe
    Sorry. .I hadn't read that there will be both versions.. i just did on the half the page.. thanks and please disregard the question from before... Congratulations once again for the dev team.. u guys are just owesome..
    Last edited by madeagle; 12-30-2008 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast