+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3 Million iPhone Activations Overwhelm AT&T

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I certainly feel bad for those stuck waiting (some more than a day) for activation, but I don't understand why so many people are complaining about how long they stood
    Thanks

I certainly feel bad for those stuck waiting (some more than a day) for activation, but I don't understand why so many people are complaining about how long they stood in line to get the iPhone. No one told you to stand in line. Apple never said there was going to be a shortage. I walked in to an Apple store the day AFTER it went on sale and didn't wait 10 seconds to get handed one by a store employee.

We had to wait 2 hours for activation. I know of someone who still has not gotten activation and bought on Friday.
    Hmm...

Thanks

I had to replace the SIM card in mine before it would activate. It was a long drawn out affair Friday night, but after swapping the SIM Saturday morning, it activated in under three minutes. While it was a PITA Friday night, it is well worth the wait. This device is amazing. This only about the second time I've been on the computer since it activated. I know the new will wear off, but I'm still in shock at how nice the phone really is. Whatever you do, don't talk yourself into taking it back. You'll be sorry.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9&dateline=1181485574

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

I hear ya my friend. We are definitely enamored. Its not perfect, but it beats everything else out there!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone editwizard's Avatar
    Thanks

Nearly 48 hours (!) later... I am activated. Sheesh.

The problem was that I had a very old at&t account and old phones with old sim cards incompatible with the new type service. They split up my account temporarily to put iPhone on its own plan with the new service and I will upgrade my wife's incompatible phone in the next couple of days and they will re-combine the accounts to the family share plan again.

It would've been real nice to either have some warning of this or some sort of plan in place by at&t. I may be in the minority but it just seems like a no brainer to have a 'technology check' in the process that would flag an account immediately that it needed to be fixed before activation could complete. Maybe this is what the system was trying to tell them but they just didn't know how to handle it yet.

Everyone was trying to be as helpful as they could and were exceedingly friendly and courteous. That was one excruciating wait though!

Oh well, the phone is beyond awesome - so much so that it makes all of the waiting just melt away!

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Good for you man! You'll absolutely love it.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Congrats! You're an iPhone owner, not an iWait owner!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone editwizard's Avatar
    Thanks

I know - this rocks! Very fun posting with it too.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Isn't it though ( on iPhone )

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12