+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Eno’s Bloom Recreated with Magnets by ReedBox

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    iPhone? More like MyPhone AppleChic's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Eno’s Bloom Recreated with Magnets by ReedBox

Named for the magnetic reed switches it uses, the ReedBox is inspired by Brian Eno and Peter Chilvers's Bloom. The box is actually a device that allows users to interface with basic software applications using magnets and was made by John Kuiphoff.

The box uses the magnets on a grid to control a synthesizer (like Bloom) and to play games. Music notes can be changed in real time and depend on what grid points you place your magnets on. There are currently 5 software apps that have been developed for the ReedBox;

1.Particles – users can use magnets to manipulate the particles on their screen
    2.Drum Sequencer – users can create dynamic drum loops by placing magnets on drum nodes
    3.Flickr Pickr – users choose color combos and schemes using magnets
    4.Music Box – magnets trigger music notes and repeat them all indefinitely
    5.Simple Game – for users to play, the objective is just to kill the enemy.

Kind of cool that this was all inspired by an iPhone app! You can also download Kuiphoff’s source code from his website.

Source: John Kuiphoff
    AppleChic

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleChic For This Useful Post:

BenzoHartt (12-19-2008)

Thanks

that game at the end of the video looks so addicting! very impressive keep up the good work
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm still waiting for a reactable app.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Banned
    Thanks

this shts retarded.
    and it has nothing to do with mac or apple

lame post.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

99% of AppleChic's post are a pile of c**p! It's a pretty neat idea but has hardly anything to do with iPhone/apps or Mac.
    Where are cash's n pf's post, at least theirs used to be something about Apple products.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by huntor View Post
    this shts retarded.
    and it has nothing to do with mac or apple

lame post.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    99% of AppleChic's post are a pile of c**p! It's a pretty neat idea but has hardly anything to do with iPhone/apps or Mac.
    Where are cash's n pf's post, at least theirs used to be something about Apple products.

Aren't you guys being a bit harsh. It says at the end of the article "inspired by an IPHONE APP". Its cool if you don't like the article or that you think it's irrelevant to anything you're looking for but news is news none the less. Lets try to keep that in mind.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I agree totally with Hunter and A.T, she posts some of the most pointless crap on here. I think it was better when it was only iPhone. Hell, even I could copy this from another website. Should we start posting PC news if it mentions Apple in it?

Thanks

I agree with Benzo, Its news. Its just like news on TV, if you dont find it relevant to your life, you dont have to pay attention. Do you call the newspaper or tv station and tell them that they always say the same things and its crap. I doubt it. AppleChic has posted some validly good material in the past, I believe she has earned her right to post what she wants and what she thinks other people may have an interest in. I personally thought this was cool, had she gone into a little more detail in the end about the inspiring iPhone app, maybe this would of been a better post. But she didn't oh well, I'm not going to complain and flame her about it. Grow up guys.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Go start your own site and post your own crap you think is relevant. Personally, I think this is pretty cool. I get tired of reading how unbelievably wonderful Steve Jobs is in every conceivable way. At least this has less bulls**t than those posts.

Thanks

where is the love.. okay the post was not directed 100% towards mac. But if you read it/watched the video you might have learned something interesting.. Don't hate just because it's not your cup of tea.
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoHartt View Post
    Its cool if you don't like the article or that you think it's irrelevant to anything you're looking for but news is news none the less. Lets try to keep that in mind.
    you dont see USA Today covering stories that happened in australia
    do you? ..no, bc of obvious reasons.

i come to this site daily to keep up on iphone and mac news. news is news, but there's a reason this site is called modmyI.com,
    now if i saw this on modmywoodenlabyrinthgame.com, i might say it's decently cool. but it's an apple based messageboard. thats what we should try to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mgamber View Post
    I get tired of reading how unbelievably wonderful Steve Jobs is in every conceivable way. At least this has less bulls**t than those posts.
    then dont come to an apple messageboard.
    steve jobs>jesus

Thanks

I agree. Modmyi has lost focus.