Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Walmart & iPhone Date Set for the 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky2324 View Post
    Not to sound mean or anything but what walmart employee can afford to purchase an iphone along with the plan and 2 year commitment?
    WTF do you do for a living?!?!? You must be ballin' rich to afford an iPhone.

If you know how to spend your money, you can have a lot for very little... I was able to pay all my utilities, my mortgage, and support a wife and kid on a Wal-Mart salary. I have since moved on to a job with better hours and benefits, but Wal-Mart's salary isn't that bad... at least for managers
    Last edited by nrowensby; 12-18-2008 at 04:04 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nrowensby For This Useful Post:

Je5 (12-18-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Not to sound mean or anything but what walmart employee can afford to purchase an iphone along with the plan and 2 year commitment?
    This has to be the second dumbest post I've read on these forums.

EDIT: I think I'm just in a bad mood today.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrNoSox For This Useful Post:

Je5 (12-18-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoHartt View Post
    The APPLE store would be the absolute best option wouldn't it.

Do you get the Apple Care Warranty from buying it at Wal-Mart or ATT?
    Sorry you're right, don't know why I said ATT.

Quote Originally Posted by MrNoSox View Post
    This has to be the second dumbest post I've read on these forums.

EDIT: I think I'm just in a bad mood today.
    No, I'm in a good mood and I agree.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

Thanks

Thats kind of rude...!!! What makes you think that all people at walmart are broke *** people who dont make much...Half the customers I have that work at walmart have a spouse who makes more than enough for the family and just work there to not be stuck at home...so to say that they cant afford an iPhone is just wrong...

Plus my buddy is a GM at walmart and he makes a good penny without even having a frickin degree...like almost 80K...
    I think he can afford one...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrNoSox View Post
    If you have an iPhone for the "cool factor" then please sell it. This is one of the dumbest statements I've seen on this forum.

Of course it's about selling iPhones. Apple is a publicly held company that has to show profits and make shareholders happy. Apple could care less if you're cool or not.

Which, just in case you didn't know, you're not.
    completely agree with you on this..!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zurie View Post
    if you are selling your iphone because they are sold in walmart then you are lame.

grow up.

noone thinks you are elite.

stop acting like it.
    I cant agree with this quote even more...

Quote Originally Posted by stewart12 View Post
    disgusting...apple selling out to wal-mart. it's about selling the most iphones now, not about the cool factor. almost makes me want to sell my iphone and switch to a bb.
    now my turn..YOU obviously got this phone to think you are cool and sorry to say you are probably someone who had to pay someone to jailbreak/unlock his phone...dont hate TOOL...
    Last edited by Je5; 12-18-2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Dont be that guy..!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haibane View Post
    I know several managers that could EASILY afford this.
    Yes managers, not the middle aged men or women that are living paycheck to paycheck. Also I'm basically basing the comment off of what I've seen from Wal Mart and what I've heard. Jeez people can be uptight.
    Last edited by Spanky2324; 12-19-2008 at 03:16 AM.

Thanks

like I said not every person working is middle aged and living paycheck to paycheck...
    I work in corporate America with huge University and they pay us over inflated salaries and trust me I have co-workers that live paycheck to paycheck...
    Dont be that guy..!!!

this is all i know right now, the iphone will be sold without a contract 8gb will be $397, and the 16gb will be $497. some stores have signs out saying they will cost $500 for the 8gb one. and to tell if your store will be in the pilot, you need to see if you have access to POS.com or POS.com2

will post more info as i find out more.

How has anyone not commented on this yet:

Note says phones must be purchased by employees, but note also says each store MUST sell 5 phones.
    What if 5 employees at each store don't want a damn $300 phone and $1200 of charges a year? Does the Apple mafia show up and change your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by pojo644 View Post
    this is all i know right now, the iphone will be sold without a contract 8gb will be $397, and the 16gb will be $497. some stores have signs out saying they will cost $500 for the 8gb one. and to tell if your store will be in the pilot, you need to see if you have access to POS.com or POS.com2

will post more info as i find out more.
    Post a picture, or it never happened.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    Post a picture, or it never happened.
    you want me to post a picture, and they got the info wrong. its $397, which you still have to sign a 2 year contract. the $397 is 197 for the iphone and you have to pay the 175 disconnection fee.

And i will see if i can find a way to print and then scan the the iphone info to post...you may have to wait til tuesday when i can use a scanner.

and here is the website we use to do the iphone.

https://pdct.cingular.com/v2/Login.html
    but it checks your ip to make sure your on the walmart network
    Last edited by pojo644; 01-03-2009 at 09:33 PM.

I was at Wal-Mart this past weekend and they were sold out!!! They didn't even have the display (demo) phones.lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12