+ Reply
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
everything works good but i am confused about why the pictures that are coming through are so SMALL! i can barely see them. i set the setting to maximum but
    Thanks

everything works good but i am confused about why the pictures that are coming through are so SMALL! i can barely see them. i set the setting to maximum but they are still coming to me small. what can i do? is it suppose to be like that?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can't wait to try this! Thanks guys

Thanks

Default What about this on the touch?
    Do you need GPRS/Edge or will this work over wifi? I'm curious to see if this will work on a iPod touch.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

ok got all the setting like on the first page and it keeps telling mms cannot be sent right now since GPRS/EDGE is not available ect...... do i have to sign up for edge or wat?
     Think Different

Thanks

Excited to try this. Thanks for posting the default T-Mobile settings, guys. I appreciate that.
    13" MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB DDR2 PC-5300 RAM, 500GB external HD
    4GB iPhone, 1.1.2, unlocked on USA T-Mobile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MgNate View Post
    If you have a Cingular iPhone it DOES NOT SUPPORT MMS THROUGH CINGULAR

You need to CALL Cingular and tell them to add the $.25 mms message to your iPhone plan in order to send MMS messages.

I just told them i have a SLVR and i put my sim in it to send and receive MMS messages and they added it for me. I'ce changed my data plan since then so i actually have to call again but I'll do that soon.

NOTE: You may need to keep calling until you get someone that will do it for you eventually you'll get someone that knows what they're doing.

Once you do that it will cost you $.25 per mms message but it will work.

Well contrary to that, I think you don't need to tell them anything; that is, if you are a legit iPhone AT&T Customer with $20 iPhone Data Plan. I have the same thing and my MMS App receives and sends without me making any requests to them.

What happens is, AT&T charges you 5cents/MMS and counts 1 SMS out of your 200 or however many SMS you have per month. In other words, when you send/receive an MMS:

--> AT&T counts it as 1 SMS + $ 0.05

So, I suggest don't worry about calling them and making up any stories coz they actually know when you use an iPhone to receive/send an MMS.

PS: I secretly hope Apple/AT&T are preparing to officially release MMS on iPhone soon.

Well, I hope this helps everyone who is confused about how the pay-per-use MMS works for iPhone AT&T customers.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freeworld View Post
    Well contrary to that, I think you don't need to tell them anything; that is, if you are a legit iPhone AT&T Customer with $20 iPhone Data Plan. I have the same thing and my MMS App receives and sends without me making any requests to them.

What happens is, AT&T charges you 5cents/MMS and counts 1 SMS out of your 200 or however many SMS you have per month. In other words, when you send/receive an MMS:

--> AT&T counts it as 1 SMS + $ 0.05

So, I suggest don't worry about calling them and making up any stories coz they actually know when you use an iPhone to receive/send an MMS.

PS: I secretly hope Apple/AT&T are preparing to officially release MMS on iPhone soon.

Well, I hope this helps everyone who is confused about how the pay-per-use MMS works for iPhone AT&T customers.
    So if i have the $20 unlimited sms/data plan i will still get charged for mms?
    iLive an iLife

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just tested it then

FW 1.1.4
    Operator Vodafone AU
    MMS & APN settings from the site provided on first page

I keep gettting and error saying "MMS cannot be sent right now since GPRS/EDGE is not available! Please review your MMS and/or EDGE APN settings, or wait a while if settings are correct..."

I have checked the settings and they are all correct according to the site link in the first post. Don't know what could be wrong. I'm a little excited as it is saying GPRS as well as EDGE maybe I will be able to send over GPRS when all the bugs are fixed..
    Last edited by srbug; 03-02-2008 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srbug View Post
    Just tested it then

FW 1.1.4
    Operator Vodafone AU
    MMS & APN settings from the site provided on first page

I keep gettting and error saying "MMS cannot be sent right now since GPRS/EDGE is not available! Please review your MMS and/or EDGE APN settings, or wait a while if settings are correct..."
    same here happen with tmobile US
     Think Different

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    So if i have the $20 unlimited sms/data plan i will still get charged for mms?
    Yes Bernie-Mac,

You will get charged $0.05/MMS and AT&T will deduct 1 SMS out of your 200 SMS/month plan too.

Thanks

Awesome app!
    Installed it on my 1.1.3 AT&T phone and got it all working on the first try.
    Sent myself a test from both my phone, and my email account and got both of them.

Thanks

ok got my working but when i fetch in I just cant see the pic
     Think Different

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes Bernie-Mac,

You will get charged $0.05/MMS and AT&T will deduct 1 SMS out of your 200 SMS/month plan too.
    ok thanks
    iLive an iLife

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 911
    can someone please tell me how come mines keeps crashing after i tap on it?........

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same problem. crashes right after opening, on 1.1.3 in canada

Thanks

Aziatiklover: You need to have MobileSafari installed, and its plugin MobilePreview installed. Once the MMS is downloaded, open MobileSafari and make sure system access is enabled in the settings. then navigate to Var/Mobile/Media/MMSFiles. Then double tap the picture and MobilePreview will open it. Hopefully this will get fixed in a future update and we can view it in Photos.

Hope this helps

Thanks

its mobilefinder not mobile safari

Thanks

Yes Bernie-Mac,

I don't know what world you live in but this is totally not true. You may be a very VERY lucky case where someone somehow gave you something you shouldn't have.

@berniemac: you are asking something totally different from what he is talking about. he claims that you can just use the regular unlimited data plan you signed up for at the start of iphone and it works fine plus a small fee. You asked if you get charged on top of the 20 dollar unlimited text/data plan (which i assume meant text plan since there is no unlimited 20 dollar text/data plan only unlimited data with 200 txt), the answer is NO there is no extra charge on top of an unlimited txt plan.

For everyone else LISTEN UP AND STOP POSTING THE SAME **** OVER AND OVER:

There are only 2 ways to get mms on ATT US iphones at the moment. Some of you are getting confused by everyone responding with the different methods and plans they have so here goes my explanation. You can request to get the pay per use mms plan which costs 25 cents per mms OR you can pay EXTRA (NOT THE ORIGINAL 20/mo FOR iPHONE PLAN) and get UNLIMITED TXT for yourself OR for family. 20 or 30 a month EXTRA respectively. These unlimited plans include regular txt, mms, im's that use text etc. so you will be able to use swirlymms on iphone. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. THE TWENTY DOLLARS A MONTH FOR YOUR IPHONE PLAN YOU PAY NOW WILL NOT WORK WITH MMS YOU HAVE TO PAY EXTRA I REPEAT EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA THATS IT DONT ASK AGAIN. If you signed up for EXTRA text messages when you got your iphone they may or may not have given you the all inclusive text plan. Having said that there are two different options that you probably had access to at signup. The first one is the iPhone plan that includes more minutes and texting etc. THIS PLAN WILL NOT WORK. Downgrade to the 200 txt plan for iPhone and upgrade to either ppu 25cent mms or the unlimited plans. Finally, I'd like to say that if you are too lazy to use the search box or just f***in read the first page even, then you don't really deserve an answer to begin with. do your homework before you ask the most retarded questions possible so that you don't make yourself look like an ***.
    Last edited by burtthaman; 03-03-2008 at 01:18 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    this is ridiculous, the iPhone plans are the same as the smartphone connect plans. why is it on iPhone you get charged for MMS, but if you have SmartPhone connect plan MMS is included in your messaging.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i work for an ATT cor store and BUR is right with what he is saying about the mms you either need the Family unlimited OR iphone data+200 also with individual unlimited text OR MMS pay per use. and to respond to the iphone plans being the same as the smart phone that is in correct the iphone in our OPUS sales system is in a leauge of its own defineing that iphone only have SMS not MMS due to the lack of feature on the phone