Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

Thanks

Ok, this is the deal, when I go into Finder, all the photo text that I have saved, are there, the actual pic, ok, so i highlight the pic, and when I do, i don't have the option of copy yet, I have to click file at the bottom, then copy, after I do that, I click up, then the only 2 folders there, are MMSfiles, and ROMS?? There is no dcim?

Ok, just noticed, that I have to actually find the dcim folder by first clicking on photo, then the little icon on top right by the apple, then media, then that is where the dcim folder is at. Ok, after I click it double click it, then double click the 100 apple folder, then i can paste it.

You mean rename it once in the computer right? That is where we can view them bigger is on the computer not the phone right?? Hey is there anyway to forward these text messages? Thanks a bunch for your help!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

So whats the news on MMS for ATT service?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

It has potential, definatly worth downloading, it fills the gap in with MMS on the iPhone.
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    Ok, this is the deal, when I go into Finder, all the photo text that I have saved, are there, the actual pic, ok, so i highlight the pic, and when I do, i don't have the option of copy yet, I have to click file at the bottom, then copy, after I do that, I click up, then the only 2 folders there, are MMSfiles, and ROMS?? There is no dcim?

Ok, just noticed, that I have to actually find the dcim folder by first clicking on photo, then the little icon on top right by the apple, then media, then that is where the dcim folder is at. Ok, after I click it double click it, then double click the 100 apple folder, then i can paste it.

You mean rename it once in the computer right? That is where we can view them bigger is on the computer not the phone right?? Hey is there anyway to forward these text messages? Thanks a bunch for your help!
    No, you can rename it on the phone itself. Highlight the picture; on the bottom menu, there is a button called modify. Click it, it'll take you to another menu. One the top you'll see "filename," click that and rename your file in the order your other pictures are in.

For example, I scrolled down the list of pictures I had in the DCIM folder and saw that the last picture was IMG_0041.JPG, so I named the MMS picture to IMG_0042.JPG. Do the same for thumbnail.

Be sure to have it all capatilized, even the file extention, it's case sensitive. Atleast it was for me.

Hope that helps.

Btw, A_SWELLGUY, worked perfectly for me.

Thanks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneMadness For This Useful Post:

redman9 (06-01-2008)

a_sweelguy i can view my pics larger now thanks to you but one problem, i can delete the history in swirlyspace mms....but in finder how do i delete the pictures i fetched? and how do i read the text that was sent with the pic?

Thanks

Ok, i renamed it, but, it pretty much just stayed the same size?? Maybe this will clear things up. When I hit finder, I see the thumbnails, with the phone number it came from and the date it was sent?? Then I go ahead take the steps you said, highlight, modify, and filename, then right before the .jpg, I will put in another number in following the last I guess? See, since it shows the date and phone number by the thumbnail, I'm not sure the order of any of them?? Sorry, if I just made it sound soo complicated, But, thanks for your advice, I guess I just have something not in the correct settings on my finder? I mean as far as the date and number showing, the date and phone number is kinda bug, it doesn't even show it all??
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    Ok, i renamed it, but, it pretty much just stayed the same size?? Maybe this will clear things up. When I hit finder, I see the thumbnails, with the phone number it came from and the date it was sent?? Then I go ahead take the steps you said, highlight, modify, and filename, then right before the .jpg, I will put in another number in following the last I guess? See, since it shows the date and phone number by the thumbnail, I'm not sure the order of any of them?? Sorry, if I just made it sound soo complicated, But, thanks for your advice, I guess I just have something not in the correct settings on my finder? I mean as far as the date and number showing, the date and phone number is kinda bug, it doesn't even show it all??
    Hm, are you sure your in the right folder? In the MMS folder, pictures are saved with numbers plus the phone number, so I see where your at on that one.

But in the DCIM -100APPLE folder, picture files should be named IMG_XXX.JPG. The X's representing numbers.

Once you paste the picture from the MMS folder to the DCIM 100APPLE folder, it'll still show the numbers plus phone number with the picture. So just delete the entire file name (numbers plus phone number) from the MMS picture and rename it IMG_XXX.JPG.

Let me know if that helps.

hi.. im a noob at this and also my first post.. but im on tmobile usa and i have swirly mms and i get the images in finder.. but when i double click the image to see it in preview.. all i get is a black screen? can anyone help!!!

I need serious help... I renamed the mms exactly as swellguy said... Btw thank you so much for that, I have a huge problem... I open the mms then it opens kinda blurry for about 1 second then the picture turns into a distorted green screen.!!!! Help! Reply asap

Quote Originally Posted by iphonemajjik View Post
    SWEET!!! THANKS A BUNCH!!! Worked like a charm...Take that Iphone
    i cant find mobile viewer on the installer. help

Thanks

how can i view the mms pics bigger when i go to my finder..?

Hi
    Looks like I've got the same prob. I'm on o2 (legit) and have got Swirly MMS.
    Settings I'm using are;
    MMSC: mmsc.mms.02.co.uk:8002
    Proxy: 193.113.200.195.8080

MMS-specific APN Settings
    APN: wap.02.co.uk
    Username: o2wap
    Password: password

Image size: Medium

PROBLEM
    Go to send an MMS and it comes back with
    "Failed to send MMS"
    "Could not connect to proxy (unable to locate host)"

Can anyone help?!!

Quote Originally Posted by leonc View Post
    Hi
    Settings I'm using are;

PROBLEM
    "Failed to send MMS"

Can anyone help?!!
    O2
    O2 GPRS settings (Email/Web): Homepage: http://pda.o2.co.uk/
    APN address: mobile.o2.co.uk
    Username: mobileweb
    Session type: Continuous / permanent
    Authentication: Normal
    Security: Off
    HTTP Proxy: 193.113.200.195
    Port number: 8080

Email servers (POP): mail.o2.co.uk
    Email servers (SMTP): smtp.o2.co.uk
    DNS Servers: 193.113.200.200 and 193.113.200.2

O2 "Simplicity" EDGE Settings (may also work for other non-iPhone O2 contracts, but will *not* work with Pay and Go):
    APN: mobile.o2.co.uk
    Username: faster
    Password: web

Hi
    Settings I'm using are;

PROBLEM
    "Failed to send MMS"

Can anyone help?!!

.....also seems as u have a 0 (zero) here---> APN: wap.02.co.uk
    Shouldn´t it be as this instead--> wap.o2.co.uk
    Last edited by maz; 05-19-2008 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

what are the settings for ATT users in the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by brooklyn1 View Post
    what are the settings for ATT users in the USA?
    AT&T (USA)
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032
    For these settings to work, you must have multimedia messaging added to your account by AT&T. Thanks for confirming this rkisling!
    Reference
    Reference
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

Hi im having some promlems.i have the new 1.1 swirly installed and mobile finder..i put the piks from my mms folder to 100apple then renamed the files to IM_XXXX.JPG AND IMG_XXXX.THM now the files show in mobile finder put they wont show in camera roll or swirlymms or even sendpics.can sum1 help me thanks inadvance.

Hi
    Settings I'm using are;

PROBLEM
    "Failed to send MMS"

Can anyone help?!!

All is fine apart from the APN setting as mentioned before, this should be "wap.o2.co.uk" not "wap.02.co.uk".

So an "o" not a zero.

Will this work with 2.0?

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mane3215 View Post
    Will this work with 2.0?
    we dint have the jailbreak software for 2.0 yet so there is no way to know for sure but if it didnt right away i would assume they will fix it so that it will.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
    we dint have the jailbreak software for 2.0 yet so there is no way to know for sure but if it didnt right away i would assume they will fix it so that it will.
    Great thanks!

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast