+ Reply
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness What service are you on? also, try putting your settings on minimum. Anyone with pic viewing capabilities should be able to get a minimum size picture.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    What service are you on?

also, try putting your settings on minimum. Anyone with pic viewing capabilities should be able to get a minimum size picture.
    Hi, thanks for your response, well, I have the total internet package from t-mobile, i am on 1.1.2 unlocked and jaibroken, and I do have my settings on minimum?? I already have both finder and mobile preview? I was able to one time view them in finder, now i can see the number of texts on the Swirly MMS icon, but when I go into finder, I can't view them anymore? I can see the ones from before though, and i dont know how to delete those either?? hehehe I think i must've changed a setting or permission somewhere maybe?? Well, if anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks! Muuuaaaahhh!!

Ok, guys, just updated my Swirly MMS app, and now I can go into finder and view them again! Yaaaayyy!!!
    BUUUUUUUtttt heheheh how the heck do I delete them? Oh! Also, if I change the size, they still all look small?? What do I do to make the size stick, and make them big or small? Thanks, Prissie

Ok, one more thing, heheh sorry, but, is there a way to forward the picture texts messages that we receive to someone else? Like I mean, to send them any of the pics that we get from someone? Or do these pics have to be in our photos area, and if so, is there a way to get them there so we can forward them to others?? Geesh!! I'm a pain in the ***** huh?? hehe sorry, Muuaahh!! Prissie
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 03-31-2008 at 05:51 AM. Reason: updated
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Do you have MMS available from at&t? You need it for it to work.
    Yes we have the family plan with ulimited data and MMS which makes it available on my phone
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Doesn't Work
    I'm using 1.1.4 swirly3.6 att(usa) setting are
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032
    username [email protected]
    password is CINGULAR1
    i get message "possible incorrect mmsc settings. Unexpected http response
    (HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)

i called att and they told me i had a package to send picture messages any help would be appreciated

Green Apple
    Thanks

do Not Install The .22 Version From Installer On 1.1.4, It Will Semi Brick Your Phone. It's Hard To Ressurect It. The Newest Version Should Work Fine!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Receive MMS through iPhone Works thanks to Adel Hallak
    Hey guys,
    Follow my instructions and thank me later...here you go:

First you need the Application Swirly MMS- add this from
    Swirly's source - swirlyspace.com/SwirlySpace.xml and add version 0.3.2.
    Install the package named "SwirlyMMS from Swirlyspace", ver 0.3.1. Follow the installation instructions (which means you must restart your phone when installation has finsihed)

Then go to Settings and fill out this info:
    you can find settings for other carriers on other blogs.

T-Mobile (USA)
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS-APN: wap.voicestream.com
    User: empty
    Pass: empty

A screen will display that you need to install Mobile finder/Mobile Viewer to be able to see pictures. Go ahead and go to installer, all packages, scroll all the way down to Mobile Finder, install it, then go back and install Mobile Viewer.
    Now you are done! Have someone send you an mms. It should show under Swirly MMS. Open it then click fetch. It will download then display this message:

"all fetched mms-files are stored in/var/mobile/media/mmsfiles"

Click the menu button. Now you are on your home screen. Scroll to see the icon “Preview” and click it. Click “Open” . you will then have 5 folders displayed:

1. …
    2. Bin
    3. Lib
    4. Library
    5. Media

Double click on the folder “…” then click on folder “mobile” then folder “media” then folder “MMSfiles” then BINGO! All your received pictures are there!!! Good Luck… Big Thanks to Adel Hallak.

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    Hi, thanks for your response, well, I have the total internet package from t-mobile, i am on 1.1.2 unlocked and jaibroken, and I do have my settings on minimum?? I already have both finder and mobile preview? I was able to one time view them in finder, now i can see the number of texts on the Swirly MMS icon, but when I go into finder, I can't view them anymore? I can see the ones from before though, and i dont know how to delete those either?? hehehe I think i must've changed a setting or permission somewhere maybe?? Well, if anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks! Muuuaaaahhh!!

Ok, guys, just updated my Swirly MMS app, and now I can go into finder and view them again! Yaaaayyy!!!
    BUUUUUUUtttt heheheh how the heck do I delete them? Oh! Also, if I change the size, they still all look small?? What do I do to make the size stick, and make them big or small? Thanks, Prissie

Ok, one more thing, heheh sorry, but, is there a way to forward the picture texts messages that we receive to someone else? Like I mean, to send them any of the pics that we get from someone? Or do these pics have to be in our photos area, and if so, is there a way to get them there so we can forward them to others?? Geesh!! I'm a pain in the ***** huh?? hehe sorry, Muuaahh!! Prissie
    you can delete pictures buy click on it, select File at the bottom, then delete...not sure how to change the size yet, i just got it to work on my phone today...good luck
    Last edited by Adel Hallak; 03-31-2008 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Adel Hallak For This Useful Post:

iphonemajjik (04-20-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is Swirley working for any At&t users? Cause im getting the same failed to send message as some others.

Thanks
    No at&t has fixed it where we can't! mad!!!

hHere is a thread that was started about at&t and MMS

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64641
    Last edited by silverzz28; 03-31-2008 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I got it to send and receive but I installed mobile finder but don't know where to go to install mobile viewer. I can view the MMS pics on mobile finder but I guess I need mobile viewer to see them better?
    Last edited by JD914; 04-01-2008 at 02:14 PM.
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)

maz
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    I got it to send and receive but I installed mobile finder but don't know where to go to install mobile viewer. I can view the MMS pics on mobile finder but I guess I need mobile viewer to see them better?
    MobilePreview: Categorie "Productivity" in Installer mate.
    Ste package

Maybe it will not let u see it better but anyway. I don´t know how they looks in ur finder either :-O
    ...but give it a try!!
    Last edited by maz; 04-02-2008 at 06:29 AM.
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

Thanks

Hey, thanks for all the info, now I can delete them! Thanks! Oh and as far as viewing them better, with Preview, don't think it will let you view them any better, well, at least not for me, they are still the same size as in finder

Hey I have one more question, like when we go into Swirly MMS, it shows all the numbers where the picture texts were sent from , how do we delete those? It just shows in a list all the phone numbers from all the mms sent, even if I have deleted some of those pictures, the phone numbers are still there, does anyone know how to delete those, as to not have a whole page of phone numbers?? Hey well, thanks Adel Hallak, that was really great info! Hey, and if you figure out about the sizing, please let us know, I am also at the moment trying to figure it out too! Ugh!! hehee

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverzz28 View Post
    No at&t has fixed it where we can't! mad!!!

hHere is a thread that was started about at&t and MMS

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64641
    well actually it will work on ATT just not for very long. you have to call into customer service and then immediately ask to speak to a technician. they will ask you why and just tell them you understand that they want to help but you were told that when you called back to ask to speak to a tech. if you dont you will to explain to them why you are calling and when you get finished trying to explain it they will tell you it doesnt work or they need to get you to a tech. either way you will have to go to a tech. no matter what the tech says they can turn on MMS for your iphone but the problem is that ATT does nightly or possibly hourly searches for phones that have settings that dont match what they are suppose to have and it automatically puts it back.

i have sent and received many pics on my ATT iphone but only by calling back everyday to have it turned back on because they can not make it stick as long as that phone check system they have is told to take it off the iphone. so as you can imagine i gave up.

it was nice while it lasted though

ATT could fix this in 2 minutes if they wanted to but apple would have to give them the ok first so dont count on it happening.

Thanks

I hear angles singing from above. I finally have my perfect phone! I AM getting this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a general question about MMS and iPhone. I am using an iPhone in Cyprus (Europe) purchased from US. My device is running 1.1.4 jailbroken and activated using iLiberty+ 1.3.0.113. I entered my carrier setting for MMS in SwirlyMMS v0.3.8, but i cannot send or receive any MMS. Is there any limitation on the device to work only in US regarding MMS? With my previous Nokia device i was able to send and receive MMS using the same settings.

maz
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone_spy View Post
    I have a general question about MMS and iPhone. I am using an iPhone in Cyprus (Europe) purchased from US. My device is running 1.1.4 jailbroken and activated using iLiberty+ 1.3.0.113. I entered my carrier setting for MMS in SwirlyMMS v0.3.8, but i cannot send or receive any MMS. Is there any limitation on the device to work only in US regarding MMS? With my previous Nokia device i was able to send and receive MMS using the same settings.

sounds strange u don´t have it working mate!!??
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i cant send or receive anything!! i get this msg saying (possible incorrect mmsc setting... i have cingular in the states..

i have this:

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    PROXY: 066.209.011.032

nothing else cause i cant find the stuff that goes on APN and stuff.. im using 1.1.3 on a 8 gig iPhone.. i need some help please..

ps: i also turned wifi off and still nothing.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adel Hallak View Post
    Hey guys,
    Follow my instructions and thank me later...here you go:

First you need the Application Swirly MMS- add this from
    Swirly's source - swirlyspace.com/SwirlySpace.xml and add version 0.3.2.
    Install the package named "SwirlyMMS from Swirlyspace", ver 0.3.1. Follow the installation instructions (which means you must restart your phone when installation has finsihed)

Then go to Settings and fill out this info:
    you can find settings for other carriers on other blogs.

T-Mobile (USA)
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS-APN: wap.voicestream.com
    User: empty
    Pass: empty

A screen will display that you need to install Mobile finder/Mobile Viewer to be able to see pictures. Go ahead and go to installer, all packages, scroll all the way down to Mobile Finder, install it, then go back and install Mobile Viewer.
    Now you are done! Have someone send you an mms. It should show under Swirly MMS. Open it then click fetch. It will download then display this message:

"all fetched mms-files are stored in/var/mobile/media/mmsfiles"

Click the menu button. Now you are on your home screen. Scroll to see the icon “Preview” and click it. Click “Open” . you will then have 5 folders displayed:

1. …
    2. Bin
    3. Lib
    4. Library
    5. Media

Double click on the folder “…” then click on folder “mobile” then folder “media” then folder “MMSfiles” then BINGO! All your received pictures are there!!! Good Luck… Big Thanks to Adel Hallak.

you can delete pictures buy click on it, select File at the bottom, then delete...not sure how to change the size yet, i just got it to work on my phone today...good luck

SWEET!!! THANKS A BUNCH!!! Worked like a charm...Take that Iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey adel.....heyman im having the same problem.....getting my recieved pictures to look at them large. so i have mobile finder mobile preview and swirlllmms all installed. all the settings are correct like the proxy and stuff and when i recieve the pic message i go to mobile preview i click open and it brings me to mobile finder and i go to mmsfiles and it shows all the pics ive recieved but i cant open them to see the pic full screen, i cant delete anything wut so ever... help dude wut do i do?

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank me I know for a fact this works! You can copy and paste your images from your mms folder in mobile-finder to your dcim folder. You just need to rename your file once you have copied and pasted your image to dcim. Rename it in the number sequence that is listed in the folder such as IMG_0001.JPG for your image and IMG_0001.THM for the actual thumbnail. This will allow you to view your images in larger scale you can zoom in and email them and also use them as wallpaper!

Be sure to thank me if this works I really enjoy dissecting programs and helping out... Im just surprised that I didn't think of it sooner.
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

Thanks

Hey Swellguy, thanks for the help, but, what is our dcim folder? And how do I copy and paste? Do I first need to install a certain program to copy and paste? Hey, if it's not too much trouble, can you explain step by step exactly how to do this, I would really love to be able to view mine larger too! Again, thanks a bunch, really appreciate dudes like you! Muuuaaahh! Prissie

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

we all use mobile finder to locate and view our mms messages right? so go to retrieve your mms message and single click image then click copy, then on the upper right corner click up button. at the very top of your media folder you will have dcim. double click dcim then double click 100apple then paste two copies of ur image, Rename it in the number sequence that is listed in the folder such as IMG_0001.JPG for your image and IMG_0001.THM for the actual thumbnail. This will allow you to view your images in larger scale, sync them to your computer, you can zoom in and email them and also use them as wallpaper because they are in your photo library now.

show me some love if this works!

Receive MMS on the iPhone-snap_231119.jpg

Receive MMS on the iPhone-snap_231029.jpg

Receive MMS on the iPhone-snap_230953.jpg

Receive MMS on the iPhone-snap_231106.jpg

Receive MMS on the iPhone-snap_231009.jpg
    Last edited by A_SWELLGUY; 04-29-2008 at 11:16 AM.
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A_SWELLGUY For This Useful Post:

iPhoneMadness (05-03-2008), mamiem (05-29-2008), redman9 (06-01-2008)