Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

thus just started happening to me yesterday. I have at&t and family plan with unlimited plan. Swirly used to work but now I'm getting 403 forbidden message

Thanks

Hey guys, I am on 1.1.2 unlocked and jailbroken, and i seem to have all the settings correct, but, when I send a pic text, they get a blank screen, or a screen that says to big to view? Yes, I have already changed it to low resize.

Ok, and when I get one, I can't view it, it says something about check the settings, something about the edge not on? But, yeah, the edge IS on?? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong??
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

i got the new swirly mms version 0.3.6 and put in the mmsc and proxy server settings from that list and it doesn't work..i'm on att..am i missing something?

i have mobilefinder, and i can see i have a MMS but what do i do to open it for viewing?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post

SwirlySpace, the guys who brought us the MMS app back in December, have updated to version 0.3, which now lets you receive MMS!

This is "very rough" according to them, but a new version will be released soon after which will be much more polished. The good news is - it works. MMS receiving on the iPhone! It should appear on Installer within 24 hours.

http://blog.swirlyspace.com/

You can add this from Swirly's source until Ste gets it up - swirlyspace.com/SwirlySpace.xml and add version 0.3.2.

A list of carrier settings can be found here.

T-Mobile USA's settings are (thanks, insomniaparatus):

T-Mobile (USA)
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS-APN: wap.voicestream.com
    User: empty
    Pass: empty

I used these settings works only to recieve but I'm unable to send. After I hit send it takes awhile then a message pops up and states "Failed to send MMS" then it says "Possible incorrect mmsc setting. Unexpected http response (http/1.1 502 Next Hop Connection Failed)"

I have the $29.99 web plan with unlimited text/picture messaging using Tmobile

tia

Quote Originally Posted by bboysunz View Post
    i have mobilefinder, and i can see i have a MMS but what do i do to open it for viewing?
    install mobile preview via installer
    Last edited by azblackteg; 03-24-2008 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Flatbeats's Avatar
    Thanks

im on o2 UK
    Ive just updated to the latest swirly mms from installer (v 0.3.7)
    I cant seem to send, am using the following settings

mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
    193.113.200.195:8080

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk
    Username:mobile
    Passwordassword

I keep getting the following error: could not connect to proxy (connect failed)
    can anyone help?
    iPhone 3G Jail broken 4.2.1 - redsn0w
    iPhone 3G unlocked & Jail broken 3.1.2 - Blackra1n

I'm a newby and would like to know the following: I have unlocked my iphone, Do I have to call my carrier (Tmobile) to upgrade my cellphone package to receive e-mails & use the wi-fi?

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    Just blew an MMSy load.

Just tested MMS on the Optus Mobile Network down here in Australia
    Here are the values for Optus:
    mofolo do you know of anything that could help me receive with SwirlyMMS? I can send, but I'm getting nothing back?? I've got a 1.1.2 phone (soft upgraded from 1.1.1), and I've restarted it, and turned of WiFi. I have SwirlyMMS 0.3.6 installed.

Does it automatically receive, and is there any visual feedback when a new MMS is downloading? My little M in the corner turns green, but I'm getting nothing. So annoying!!

Hi mate your 02 settings are wrong apn is wap.o2.co.uk user name is o2wap password password all other setting are right try these ok they work fine on mine also you will need to have mobile preview to view mms messages ok hop ethis helps it it does thanks cheers

how do I view my MMS? what kind of software can i use to view them?

I can see my files using squid but can open and view them. Even MobileFinder also cant?pls help

sorry what i meant was i cant open and view them
    Last edited by avis; 03-28-2008 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi you need mobile preview its in installer once you get it you need to go into mobile and then mms where you will find the mms received and other problems just ask cheers

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robbyg For This Useful Post:

elildo (03-31-2008), Flatbeats (03-28-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    Hey guys, I am on 1.1.2 unlocked and jailbroken, and i seem to have all the settings correct, but, when I send a pic text, they get a blank screen, or a screen that says to big to view? Yes, I have already changed it to low resize.

Ok, and when I get one, I can't view it, it says something about check the settings, something about the edge not on? But, yeah, the edge IS on?? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong??
    What service are you on?

also, try putting your settings on minimum. Anyone with pic viewing capabilities should be able to get a minimum size picture.
    Last edited by iPhoneMadness; 03-28-2008 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok every one who is a ligite AT&T user just tell them that you need MMS available on your number because you switch back and forth between two phones. They let me recieve MMS after I told them this.

Orange UK setting -(Got MMS working on a Iphone 1.1.1)

MMSC: http://mms.orange.co.uk/
    Proxy: 192.168.224.10:8080
    APN: orangemms
    Usernamerange
    Password Multimedia

Edge settings:
    Apn: orangemms
    Usernamerange
    Password:Multimedia

iPhone? More like MyPhone Flatbeats's Avatar
    Thanks

awsome rob, thanks, worked like a charm.

been thinking there should be a sticky for working mms setings
    iPhone 3G Jail broken 4.2.1 - redsn0w
    iPhone 3G unlocked & Jail broken 3.1.2 - Blackra1n

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cvillalona View Post
    I'm a newby and would like to know the following: I have unlocked my iphone, Do I have to call my carrier (Tmobile) to upgrade my cellphone package to receive e-mails & use the wi-fi?
    To use swirlymms you just have to find the Tmobile settings. They are floating around here somewhere. Enter them in the settings page for swirlymmss. No need to call Tmobile.

For email, you can't use it unless you use the Tmobile proxy hack. Look in the Tmobile forum here for details. You need to add the $5.99 internet package to use the proxy hack. You have to call Tmobile or go online and add it there.

For wifi, as long as there's an open network you can use it. No need to call Tmobile.

After my previous post of faking IMEI, etc...I got new sim today from att and placed it in a newly resotred 1.1.4 Iphone activated through Ziphone. New SIM did not work at all with 3.8. Same issues and tried multiple things.

We need to figure out exactly what ATT is blocking by....I am guessing edge IP?

Thanks

Ok guys im on firmware 1.1.4, Ziphone jailbroken and have the Swirley MMS version 0.3.8...I have at&t and this is the settings im using- mmsc.cingular.com/066.209.011.032...when i try to send i get this exact message after it tries to send for a while:

Failed to Send MMS
    Possible incorrect mmsc setting.
    Unexpected http response
    (HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)

So thats exactly what happens to the "T"
    any ideas?

Any help will get +1 thanks!
    Last edited by A_DuB187; 03-30-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A_DuB187 View Post
    Ok guys im on firmware 1.1.4, Ziphone jailbroken and have the Swirley MMS version 0.3.8...I have at&t and this is the settings im using- mmsc.cingular.com/066.209.011.032...when i try to send i get this exact message after it tries to send for a while:

Failed to Send MMS
    Possible incorrect mmsc setting.
    Unexpected http response
    (HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)

So thats exactly what happens to the "T"
    any ideas?

Any help will get +1 thanks!
    Do you have MMS available from at&t? You need it for it to work.

ATT is still blocking Iphones from sending MMS

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast