+ Reply
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by djamc1 Ok so after posting this and having no problems at all that day, the next day the AT&T system kicked me back off. Tried re-adding the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djamc1 View Post
    Ok so after posting this and having no problems at all that day, the next day the AT&T system kicked me back off. Tried re-adding the same plan and got n00bs or MMS haters that didnt want to make it happen again.

sooo... I just called right now and had a pleasant conversation with the AT&T customer service rep. This lady was kinda clueless but very nice, anyways i gave her the 2 phone story and also mention to her that I had already added the plan a couple of days ago and some how it stop working. She went ahead and re-added the 200 MMS messaging plan for 5 extra dollars a month. I will report back tomorrow on if the AT&T system kicks me back off again.

AND if i do get kicked off, IMO the only way i see this working for AT&T customers is if you have multiple phones on your account and add the family unlimited MMS messaging plan for 20 extra dollars.

crossing my fingers, wish me luck and all that jazz...

long live MMI and everyone have a awesome Friday Night!

=]

PS. Be as nice as possible when you call and start making conversation about anything. I went with the new plans that there offering... the 99$ unlimited calling plan and she started paying more attention to that then the adding of the MMS messaging plan. good luck and may the force be with you!

Kicked me off the next day.

Owell I tried. Thanks anyways Swirly.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Its such a joke that we cant do MMS natively with the iPhone.. There just isnt a reason for this that i can think of.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'm on 1.1.3 i sent my cousin a pic and he received it. he sent me a pic, i didn't received or get any notice. I followed the step. /var/mobile/media/ it doesn't show MMSFiles it shows (dcim, downloads,iphysics,itunes control,roms,ttr) what shoud i do or did i miss something or fix settings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mimiosusume View Post
    I've send 5 picture messages with 0.3.5. they haven't been recieved yet and my boyfriend also sent me a picture text and I haven't recieved it yet.

My service is AT&T I'm on fm 1.1.2 and I asked them to put in MMS, settings are

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032

Anyone else have this problem?

For MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com *Dont use the http://*
    Proxy: 66.209.11.032 *Use exactly as I typed it~Without the extra "0"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Everything is working great for me on ATT 1.1.4 with mmsc and address only. Had to go to live tech chat on the website ot have them enable MMS on my unlimited plan...just told them I send MMS from another phone sometimes and need it enabled. No issues there.

I cant access the files via winSCP however. I can browse to directory but only see most recent picture sent. The phone shows all files recieved however.

Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm In aus on telstra. I finally got some settings that seem to work so I got my gf with a nokia to send me some pics it shows me her number with time recived but how do I open them to view the pics also telstra sent me a promo mms same deal. I also sent my self a mms it sent but u never got anything any ideas ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MNocifora View Post
    Everything is working great for me on ATT 1.1.4 with mmsc and address only. Had to go to live tech chat on the website ot have them enable MMS on my unlimited plan...just told them I send MMS from another phone sometimes and need it enabled. No issues there.

I cant access the files via winSCP however. I can browse to directory but only see most recent picture sent. The phone shows all files recieved however.

Any ideas?
    Is your mms still working?

Thanks

I keep getting Possible incorrect mmsc setting. Unexpected http response (HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)

I have the family plan on ATT using the normal settings (mmsc.cingular.com/ and normal proxy.) Should I call ATT to get the mms thing? Souldn't it just work on family plan?
    Running:
    iPhone 4 4.0 Jailbreakme
    iPad Wifi 3.2 jailbreakme
    AT&T

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MMSiphone View Post
    I keep getting Possible incorrect mmsc setting. Unexpected http response (HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden)

I have the family plan on ATT using the normal settings (mmsc.cingular.com/ and normal proxy.) Should I call ATT to get the mms thing? Souldn't it just work on family plan?
    Was your MMS working before and just started this error? I have seen several people have this problem in the last few days. I am on AT&T and have no issues at the moment although I'm running version 0.3.2

Thanks

Yeah it used to work on 0.3.2...any where to get the files to downgrade?

I've heard of a few reports of 0.3.2 att user getting screwed, someone host on insaller.
    Running:
    iPhone 4 4.0 Jailbreakme
    iPad Wifi 3.2 jailbreakme
    AT&T

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I have the SwirlyMMS 0.3.2 app on my computer direct from the developer... if it turns out this is the only version that works I will upload it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default O2 Uk
    Superb, finally managed to view my MMS with the new version of Swirly for my O2 UK contract...Im a happy man now...Thanks for such a great app.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Curious if anyone can help here. I have a single iPhone with the iPhone data plan and 1500 texts.. I have tried more times than i care t mention to add MMS to my account without luck. Is there a way to add some other data plan that would allow me to add MMS option to my plan? If so, what do i give up in doing so? Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy1967 View Post
    Superb, finally managed to view my MMS with the new version of Swirly for my O2 UK contract...Im a happy man now...Thanks for such a great app.
    Yep its cool version 0.3.6 finally lets us on o2-UK send and recieve now I almost have the functionality of my old K850i seriously the iphone was really needing this for UK users are so used to sending MMS
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well i called again to ATT and tried to switch to ANY friggin other plan besides the iPhone plan.. As usual, i cant get anywhere.. this pisses me off to no end. I WANT MMS capability and for this phone not to have it is absurd! I know im beating a dead horse but it makes me feel better

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yeah, legit users get the shaft

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pradip View Post
    Hi all, ive installed the new SwirlyMMS, SSH'ed to the phone and added the commands to allow it to open) - its now opening.

Im in New Zealand and i have put the following settings in

GPRS/EDGE Settings
    APN address: live.vodafone.com
    Username: blank
    Password: blank

MMS settings
    MMSC: http://pxt.vodafone.net.nz/pxtsend
    Proxy: 172.030.038.003:8080

- In settings -> general -> network -> EDGE - ive tried putting live.vodafone.com and tried leaving it blank, but both ways in Swirly, the M eventually goes green and no mms's are recieved - it is also not letting me send. It just says its sending , but stays like that for like 5mins till i stop it.

If someone could help that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Right, this is what works for me on VFNZ:

APN: live.vodafone.com
    Proxy: 172.30.38.3:8080
    MMSC: pxt.vodafone.net.nz/pxtsend

no username, no password, set image size to medium (not sure, I *think* max works, it was returning timeouts but the recipient still got it)

Then, go back to your normal settings -> general -> edge, and reset the APN to www.vodafone.net.nz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So is it official that current AT&T users (not unlocked to use any GSM) can not use swirly MSM...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^^^ Umm... no. Current legit AT&T user and Swirly is working just fine.

Family plan
    $20 iPhone plan
    Unlimited Family Messages

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thats fine of you have more than one phone.... Cant get a family plan with one phone me thinks... its a friggin joke really..