Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

Viewing MMS

How do you view MMS? I have finder and can get the MMS Files folder but it only shows a small picture? Any thing to do?
    R.I.P - 8GB iPhone - Pwnd - 1.1.4 - T-MobileUSA
    R.I.P 3G- iPhone - All sorts of H4x0r'd
    32gb 3Gs - 3.1.2 Unlocked - AT&T

MacBook (White Uni) - 2.24 - 4GB - 250GB - 10.6.4
    MacBook Pro - 2.0GHz-4GB-320GB - 10.6.1
    MacBook(Aluminum Edish)-2.4GHz-250GB - 10.5.5
    MacBook Air - 1.6 - 80GB -10.5.2 - Lovin' It
    MacBook Pro - 1.83 - 80GB - 10.4.11
    12' PowerBook G4 - 1.5 - 120GB - 10.4.11

Been Cockin' Rockin' and iPhone Unlockin' since v1.0.2.

Quote Originally Posted by mkozak View Post
    Viewing MMS

How do you view MMS? I have finder and can get the MMS Files folder but it only shows a small picture? Any thing to do?
    you need to install mobile preview and mobile text editor to view pictures and text respectively. These are plugins for mobile finder (use poof to hide the icons when you install this crap)

@peggaweng or any o2 customers: if you guys somehow figure out how to receive MMS let me know, whether through one of the ways I stated, a combination of them, or something new you figured out, make sure to post it.
    Last edited by burtthaman; 03-06-2008 at 01:19 PM.
    iPhone: iPhone 3G (had original OTB 1.1.1)
    firmware: 2.1
    status: Not Pwned (too much trouble for not as much reward now that Appstore is around, I like being able to back up my iPhone and do updates without having to completely erase everything and start over.)
    service: AT&T (Cingular) USA
    MMS: not applicable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to burtthaman For This Useful Post:

mkozak (03-06-2008)

what is poof? is it in installer?
    R.I.P - 8GB iPhone - Pwnd - 1.1.4 - T-MobileUSA
    R.I.P 3G- iPhone - All sorts of H4x0r'd
    32gb 3Gs - 3.1.2 Unlocked - AT&T

MacBook (White Uni) - 2.24 - 4GB - 250GB - 10.6.4
    MacBook Pro - 2.0GHz-4GB-320GB - 10.6.1
    MacBook(Aluminum Edish)-2.4GHz-250GB - 10.5.5
    MacBook Air - 1.6 - 80GB -10.5.2 - Lovin' It
    MacBook Pro - 1.83 - 80GB - 10.4.11
    12' PowerBook G4 - 1.5 - 120GB - 10.4.11

Been Cockin' Rockin' and iPhone Unlockin' since v1.0.2.

Quote Originally Posted by andymuffins View Post
    Don't know if this has been mentioned, I really don't want to read through 30 pages of a slow server to find out.

MMS will not stay activated on PPU plan if you are a legit AT&T customer. Every 24-48 hours the server will do a sweep, if you have a PPU plan on a single phone iphone package it will remove the PPU option.

I've had PPU added twice, each time the messaging worked with both sending and recieving like a charm but the next day it won't work.

You have to get the unlimited text plan as mentioned.
    It has been about 3 days since I got PPU on my iphone and I am still able to send and recieve mms. Not sure why it stayed for me, but I am very thankful

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

poof is located in installer!

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burtthaman View Post
    Well bad news for o2: retrieving mms a no-go on o2

you may be able to call O2 and tell them to stop sending the text confirmation. Tell them you have an mms enabled phone. (perhaps 2 dif. phones) Or I wonder if doing the fake phone thing would work? Click on that link and see what you think. Perhaps if o2 thinks you have an mms capable phone it will send the mms instead of the text.

@cockyjeremy: yes i'm sure. it gives you unlimited txt, mms, etc. they confirm that you realize its a charge on top of the iPhone data plan and you say yes and they add it. AT&T wants to make money in the end.. they don't care if you are making a "bad decision." Just gotta find the right person to let you make that bad decision I guess lol.
    Thanks again! Now.. what do i tell the dumb bastards to get them to add the messaging unlimited plan when i drop my data plan to $20 from $40? lol.

How come this app wont stay open? It will work for a while then the next time i got to use it, it keeps closing.

ok guys here is my question i got MMS installed and i can send and receive i can view the files via finder and preview with no problems but is their a way when people send me a moving MMS with sound to view it people at work use to always send me little cartoon like images that played music and moved, can i view these on my iphone? if so how

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just a few words of warning. I was playing around with SwirlyMMS calling AT&T getting stuff added, getting stuff taken off and changing my plan. End result was it never worked. Now the bad news. During all this experimenting with different settings that people posted the program somehow corrupted my simcard. All of a sudden I had no edge service. After two days of calling AT&T and two virginizing restores I decided to try a new sim card. Went to the local store and told them that corporate said to replace my sim card they did and now everything is working again. It has been hell and hopefully this message might save someone the stressful problems I just encountered. To hell with mms for now, having to email pictures is my reward for being a legit AT&T customer I guess.

GoIrish!!!

Default Updates?
    I see it's been updated twice in the last day or 2, now it's on 0.3.4.

Any significant progress with this app, or are they just bug fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by cockyjeremy View Post
    Thanks again! Now.. what do i tell the dumb bastards to get them to add the messaging unlimited plan when i drop my data plan to $20 from $40? lol.
    Possibly do it in two different sessions. Downgrade to the 20/mo. data/200txt plan. Hang up and call back and get someone else lol or wait a day or two? or just tell them that you'd rather have this plan instead and to just do it and don't ask questions! lol.

Also if you have AT&T I would stay with 0.3.2. Do not upgrade to .3.3 or .3.4 just yet as some people have reported that it messes with their mms capabilites. Example: 0.3.3 and 0.3.4 causes problems
    Last edited by burtthaman; 03-06-2008 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone: iPhone 3G (had original OTB 1.1.1)
    firmware: 2.1
    status: Not Pwned (too much trouble for not as much reward now that Appstore is around, I like being able to back up my iPhone and do updates without having to completely erase everything and start over.)
    service: AT&T (Cingular) USA
    MMS: not applicable

Thanks

Dohhh. Now i need to find a place to get 0.3.2 again. lol. We have like 6 AT&T stores close by, i'll change my $40 to $20 at one, then call another for "Messaging Unlimited"
    Last edited by cockyjeremy; 03-06-2008 at 09:49 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therandy View Post
    make sure you type the ending with the 2 capital letters....

swirlyspace.com/SwirlySpace.xml

I did all lowercase the first time and refreshed and it said.."unknown source" and was not in the install lists....after i put the caps in and refreshed the sources it said "swirlyspace" source and was in the install list
    Thanks so much. I was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and this was it. Added +1 thanks for you!

For T-Mo: if you get a msg to go to some stupid website, enter password ... etc. If you change the size of a pic to 300kb(high) -- you sould get the MMS now instead of an SMS.
    At least it worked on my phone.

Sorry I am new for this, what is MMS?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kh90620 View Post
    Sorry I am new for this, what is MMS?
    MMS is texts with pictures, videos, etc.
    SMS is strictly text.

I was never able to get it working either. I never received the message and when trying to send a message I got an error saying "Failed to send MMS" - "Cannot connect to proxy" I'm using my existing sim card in my iPhone so I have Blackberry Unlimited including 1500 messages (text, pics, or video). I've tried everybody settings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoIrish View Post
    Just a few words of warning. I was playing around with SwirlyMMS calling AT&T getting stuff added, getting stuff taken off and changing my plan. End result was it never worked. Now the bad news. During all this experimenting with different settings that people posted the program somehow corrupted my simcard. All of a sudden I had no edge service. After two days of calling AT&T and two virginizing restores I decided to try a new sim card. Went to the local store and told them that corporate said to replace my sim card they did and now everything is working again. It has been hell and hopefully this message might save someone the stressful problems I just encountered. To hell with mms for now, having to email pictures is my reward for being a legit AT&T customer I guess.

GoIrish!!!

This has happened to me as well! And I'm on O2 uk!

Cant get any edge service at all straight after installing Swirly Space!

Be careful people!

Anybody else know if there's another way to fix this??

there is a simple fix,

settings>general>reset>Reset Network Settings

That brings back your normal Edge settings but you will have to retype in any WiFi networks access settings

No need to change SIM and no need to contact your network provider

A more permanent fix is the add the MMS settings into your carrier.plist but thats not for noobs
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

jonatron (03-07-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    there is a simple fix,

settings>general>reset>Reset Network Settings

That brings back your normal Edge settings but you will have to retype in any WiFi networks access settings

No need to change SIM and no need to contact your network provider

A more permanent fix is the add the MMS settings into your carrier.plist but thats not for noobs
    Perfect! Thanks!

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast