Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by flounder21 View Post
    "the network reported: service denied"
    and i'm coming in late on this but what "mms plan" do you have with ATT

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

family plan...

buggin...you cant imagine!!!
    Last edited by flounder21; 03-05-2008 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

so iPhone data plan 20/mo unlim. data/200txt AND unlim. fam. txt plan for 30/mo (20/mo for every iphone PLUS 30/mo for family)

and none of these settings are working for you? but you have confirmed that you have this plan activated?
    iPhone: iPhone 3G (had original OTB 1.1.1)
    firmware: 2.1
    status: Not Pwned (too much trouble for not as much reward now that Appstore is around, I like being able to back up my iPhone and do updates without having to completely erase everything and start over.)
    service: AT&T (Cingular) USA
    MMS: not applicable

Thanks

yep...i had the razor before this 3 week old 16gb iphone and everything was workin fine!

did you have the unlimited family text plan before you upgraded to iPhone? and if so I"m wondering if upgrading to the 20/mo iphone plan somehow blocked you out for mms... And to further this theory I wonder if having them remove the package and then add it back on would fix the problem?
    Last edited by burtthaman; 03-05-2008 at 10:41 PM.
    status: Not Pwned (too much trouble for not as much reward now that Appstore is around, I like being able to back up my iPhone and do updates without having to completely erase everything and start over.)

Thanks

hmm..interesting...now that you ask me that. Being that the phone is now unlocked could I call them and switch back to my other plan possibly?

I also tried your suggestion and no cigar....not even the green "M"

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

I just tried .61 instead of .032.. it acts like it's going to send, then SwirlyMMS just closes without sending anything.. blahhhhhhh. Before i got the same "service denied" error everyone else is getting, then it'd sit there until i hit "ok" then closed it. Now it just closes and/or crashes.
    Last edited by cockyjeremy; 03-05-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: changed a sentence to make more sense.

Thanks

mine does that too.....welcome to flounders house of pain!!

Quote Originally Posted by flounder21 View Post
    hmm..interesting...now that you ask me that. Being that the phone is now unlocked could I call them and switch back to my other plan possibly?

I also tried your suggestion and no cigar....not even the green "M"
    I'm not sure what you mean by "switch back"? If you mean back to your Razr plan then no. that would disable your visual voicemail and potentially cause other problems.

in order to send mms you have to have the 20/mo iPhone data/200txt plan

AND you have to have the 30/mo unlimited family txt plan or 20/mo. unlimited txt plan or even some say the 200txt extra for 5/mo text plan these all include mms. But if you get the iPhone data/unlim.txt plan it won't work, you have to have the two separate plans

Also to note: a lot of people are claiming that ATT does autosweeps of the accounts to see if any iphone plans have mms plans on them and then automatically removes them. This means that those using the .25 PPU plan have to keep calling back to get it reactivated where as they don't remove the "unlimited" plans so we are safe
    Last edited by burtthaman; 03-05-2008 at 10:51 PM.

Thanks

I am sorry to miss lead you I have the 20/mo iphone plan.

another new version out

Also, I've heard some people saying that any version past 0.3.2 swirlymms has messed up their ATT service. I can't confirm any of this because I did not upgrade to the newer versions since they fixed bugs that had nothing to do with me and mats (one of the creators) said don't update if its working fine

After 3-4 calls to AT&T CS and I finally got this working! I had them put me on the PPU plan. All I've verified so far is sending picture messages, still need to verify receiving them. I'm running version 0.3.4. Woo hoo!!!
    Handspring Visor Pro + Samsung 8500 (Sprint PCS) -> Handspring Treo 600 (Sprint PCS) -> Palm Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Apple iPhone 8Gb (AT&T) -1.1.3 Jail Broken!

Thanks

PPU plan?

pay as you go I think

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burtthaman View Post
    Also, I've heard some people saying that any version past 0.3.2 swirlymms has messed up their ATT service. I can't confirm any of this because I did not upgrade to the newer versions since they fixed bugs that had nothing to do with me and mats (one of the creators) said don't update if its working fine
    I've had 0.3.3 and 0.3.4 and neither messed up anything.. they just don't send/receive MMS.. lol.

I have a solution for all the problems people have that are on AT&T and enough of these threads on what plan they should have

SWITCH TO A BETTER CARRIE.........TMOBILE
    THANK YOU

Thanks

LOL....I am just glad I am not the only one with this ID10t error 8-(

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

If you're getting the service denied error, then you obviously don't have the MMS feature. I heard they clean the system of PPU at night, but I haven't sent any pics today to see if mine still works

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast