Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by chibiducky View Post
    I need to know too.
    I'm not sure, but I think it counts as a picture message on your bill.

Thanks
    Its keeps saying service denied anyone have a clue?

awesome!

i cant wait to try it out
    The Future of Mobile

http://www.mobitureblog.com

help, can't get it to work. it seems to send out fine, sent out one to myself to test. but a few seconds later i get no service, and it sticks until i do a reboot.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

What service (with AT&T) do I need to add in order to allow mms messaging on my account?

Default settings DTAC
    Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    working great here on t-mob uk. Will be donating later.
    Now all we need is for it to save the file to the pictures/camera roll for ease of viewing/ using as wallpaper
    Woks fine in Thailand to thx! Settings below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dtac-settings.jpg  
    Last edited by maz; 03-02-2008 at 09:23 AM. Reason: file attached
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

Thanks
    Cool Unlimited Data
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    What service (with AT&T) do I need to add in order to allow mms messaging on my account?
    It shouldn't matter if you have the unlimited Data right???

Thanks
    yea i been getting a service denied conformation alot

seems as my file not shows up!!?? So here it is anyway:
    DTAC Thailand:
    MMSC: http://mms.dtac.co.th:8002
    PROXY: 203.156.200.133:8080

APN: mms
    username:
    password:

updated fw:1.0.2--->1.1.3
    carrier: DTAC
    Last edited by maz; 03-03-2008 at 12:58 AM. Reason: more info
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

when you guys say "it worked perfectly for me" or "it isn't working for me" PLEASE let us know your info... it is pointless to just post it worked or it didn't. Who cares! we need information:

1) firmware version (1.1.2,3,4)
    2) carrier info (att, t-mobile, o2, etc.) & location if applicable
    3) mms settings (ip, password, etc.)

if everyone posts this in their thread we will have the ability to figure out what works and what doesn't and also how to fix what doesn't work.

As far as the "unlimited data plan" for att; this does not include mms because mms is actually a very sucky email protocol that runs separately from the "internet (data)". Thus meaning that up to this point swirly mms has not worked on any att activated iphones unless you do the workaround mentioned a long while back that involves activiating a pay per use plan and lying about having two phones that you use with same sim and paying outrageous prices per mms (I think it was 25 cents or more..)

I will give this a try though and see what happens with my ATT service.

*************** EDIT ***************

1) 1.1.4 (installs and runs)
    2) AT&T US
    3) mmsc.cingular.com

a) these settings are correct
    b) they will not work without adding an mms plan to your current plan. 25 cents/mms
    Last edited by burtthaman; 03-02-2008 at 09:56 AM.

Thanks
    Anyone have a clue to why my MMS keeps sayig service denied....Im using AT&T

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieJunkie View Post
    yea i been getting a service denied conformation alot
    Yeah me too.. that's b/c the iphone plans don't have picture messaging allowed. So my original question is still valid. When I call into AT&T customer care, what do I need to tell them I need in order to activate this service on my account to activate the service.

iPhones are not "supposed" to be able to do picture messaging so the customer care reps are not all that receptive to adding the service...

Thanks
    for me my setting are

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032

and thats all PLEASE help

does this work on 1.11? Because I cant find the new version of swirlymms on installer, just version 2.2

read my post above (page 2) I edited it with more info on the mms problem with att. As far as getting the mms plan you can pretty much just say I WANT IT (the pay per use mms) that should work regardless if you can use it or not, since you are the customer and are paying them money. If not you can try the "I use this sim in 2 different phones and I need an mms plan for my other phone" method.

@keanburke - DO YOU READ POSTS BEFORE YOU ASK DUMB QUESTIONS (sorry for yelling). seriously the 2nd post down on the first page plainly says: 1) Uninstall your current SwirlyMMS
    2) Add the following source to the installer: swirlyspace.com/SwirlySpace.xml
    3) Install the package named "SwirlyMMS from Swirlyspace", ver 0.3.1. Follow the installation instructions (which means you must restart your phone when installation has finsihed)
    4) Have fun
    Last edited by burtthaman; 03-02-2008 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by burtthaman View Post
    when you guys say "it worked perfectly for me" or "it isn't working for me" PLEASE let us know your info... it is pointless to just post it worked or it didn't. Who cares! we need information:

1) firmware version (1.1.2,3,4)
    2) carrier info (att, t-mobile, o2, etc.) & location if applicable
    3) mms settings (ip, password, etc.)

if everyone posts this in their thread we will have the ability to figure out what works and what doesn't and also how to fix what doesn't work.

As far as the "unlimited data plan" for att; this does not include mms because mms is actually a very sucky email protocol that runs separately from the "internet (data)". Thus meaning that up to this point swirly mms has not worked on any att activated iphones unless you do the workaround mentioned a long while back that involves activiating a pay per use plan and lying about having two phones that you use with same sim and paying outrageous prices per mms (I think it was 25 cents or more..)

I will give this a try though and see what happens with my ATT service.

*************** EDIT ***************

1) 1.1.4 (installs and runs)
    2) AT&T US
    3) mmsc.cingular.com

a) these settings are correct
    b) they will not work without adding an mms plan to your current plan. 25 cents/mms
    how do i add an mms plan to my current plan? i tried to online but it says i can only view my account but not add any features at this time, and if i want to add features to call a number. but if i call, wont they wonder why i want to add mms to and iphone wich doesnt support mms?

Quote Originally Posted by lilmike09 View Post
    how do i add an mms plan to my current plan? i tried to online but it says i can only view my account but not add any features at this time, and if i want to add features to call a number. but if i call, wont they wonder why i want to add mms to and iphone wich doesnt support mms?
    yes you have to call to get it set up. and yes they will wonder. but does it really matter? I mean people have posted that they fooled them using all sorts of lies to get it. but in the end I would think that all you have to say is: I want the plan give it to me, I understand that it isn't supposed to work with iphone but I am willing to pay for it now let me have it. You are the customer and you are always right in the end .

Ok, I have the $40 (unlimited text plan) for the iPhone. AT&T has an unlimited text/mms plan for $20. Would I be allowed to drop my iPhone data plan to the $20 one (with only 200 messages) and then add the $20 unlimited text/mms plan? That way I'm still paying the same but not having to pay the outrageous $0.25 per mms. Is anyone doing this or know if it'll work? Thanks!

Sounds cool!
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

Thanks

Ok new question... when I use MobileFinder to navigate to var/mobile/mmsfiles all I see is a small thumbnail. Is there a way to view the full size file from here or do i have to cut and paste it into my photo directory?... Thanks

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast