Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 25 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

you need to have MobilePreview & TextEditor for Finder to open Images!
    A*obe CS3 by ubik "teh CS3 iPhone theme":
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48371

My FW way:
    1.1.1 JB/unlocked ->1.1.3 JB/unlocked ->1.1.1 locked ->1.0.2 JB/unlocked ->1.1.1 JB/unlocked. ->1.1.2 JB/locked fxxcked up not booting ->
    1.1.1 JB/unlocked ->1.1.2 JB/unlocked ->update to 1.1.3 JB/unlocked ->1.1.3 JB/unlocked fxxcked up, spinning wheel of death ->
    restore 1.1.3-> 1.1.3 JB/unlocked.

I cant find this app. Only can find version 0.2.2. I've added the source, refreshed and restarted the phone multiple times...What is wrong?

I don't know what happened but I did a restore and reinstalled all required and works fine now

CLARO BRASIL:

Portadora de dados: GPRS
    Ponto de acesso (APN): mms.claro.com.br
    IP: 200.169.126.10
    Usuário: claro
    Senha: claro
    Homepage: http://mms.claro.com.br

Quote Originally Posted by zoblue View Post
    I can send and receive just fine. My issue is that now I get an SMS telling me to go to www.t-mobilepictues.com and enter a password to view the image online. But the day before I received the image just fine.

In MobileFinder, under MMSFiles folder the latest received MMS is a text file that says: "the application file IMG_001.jpg has been deleted" making it seem that t-mobile stripped the image out of the message!

My husband has the same problem and I know we both have SMS/MMS turned on in our accounts--he has a corporate account while mine is personal.

What changed? The settings are exactly what was given in the first post for T-mobile.
    same thing here. everything is installed properly, looking in the correct folder. the doc comes in as text msg. I guess we'll have to wait for a patch. PS 1.1.4 with Rus keyboard. T-mo

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ks503 View Post
    I cant find this app. Only can find version 0.2.2. I've added the source, refreshed and restarted the phone multiple times...What is wrong?
    That makes 2 of us (see my earlier post above), no one seems to know I guess due to the lack of response.

good luck!

it worked fine for me yesterday but again today i get service denied..it was working flawlessly last night... i wonder if AT&T reset everybodys mms ? can somebody plz let me know if theres still wor and they have AT&T or cingular thanx!

Default AT&T can NOT ad MMS to IPHONE Package!!!
    Can someone who has this feature added explain in detail how this was done? I called at&t Several times and finally got someone who would work with me and they tried everyway they could shy of changing the IMEI to a different phone to add MMS to the iphone. The system blocks them from doing it....any suggestions?DO you have to give a false IMEI? if so will your sim work in the iphone? Please let me know. Thank you?

Quote Originally Posted by MgNate View Post
    If you have a Cingular iPhone it DOES NOT SUPPORT MMS THROUGH CINGULAR

You need to CALL Cingular and tell them to add the $.25 mms message to your iPhone plan in order to send MMS messages.

I just told them i have a SLVR and i put my sim in it to send and receive MMS messages and they added it for me. I'ce changed my data plan since then so i actually have to call again but I'll do that soon.

NOTE: You may need to keep calling until you get someone that will do it for you eventually you'll get someone that knows what they're doing.

Once you do that it will cost you $.25 per mms message but it will work.
    ummm
    no
    just add the unlimited texting/mms to the whole plan
    drop your iphone plan down to the $20 plan
    wait like 5-10 minutes
    restart your iphone
    and it will work
    thats what i did anyway
    and it works just fine

Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    ok got all the setting like on the first page and it keeps telling mms cannot be sent right now since GPRS/EDGE is not available ect...... do i have to sign up for edge or wat?
    you need to make sure that the little m in the top right corner by the battery is fully green...its a light green

Quote Originally Posted by MacJax50 View Post
    Can someone who has this feature added explain in detail how this was done? I called at&t Several times and finally got someone who would work with me and they tried everyway they could shy of changing the IMEI to a different phone to add MMS to the iphone. The system blocks them from doing it....any suggestions?DO you have to give a false IMEI? if so will your sim work in the iphone? Please let me know. Thank you?
    this is what i did
    and im on ATT

my sister recently got a blackberry
    so we added the plan to give unlimited texting/mms to everyone on the plan
    so i dropped my iphone plan down to the $20 a month plan
    waited like 5-10 minutes
    restarted my phone
    sent a test one
    and it worked
    heres my settings

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032
    (im sure you dont need the 0's before the 66, 11, and 32
    but it works so im leaving it :P)

and i dont have any settings for the MMS-specific settings

Quote Originally Posted by smiska2 View Post
    That makes 2 of us (see my earlier post above), no one seems to know I guess due to the lack of response.

good luck!
    did you guys add the swirly repo?

http://swirlyspace.com/SwirlySpace.xml

Quote Originally Posted by meberra View Post
    Ok i tried it out and it works! i also got it to show up as a thumbnail in there. After you've moved the pic to the folder and renamed it "IMG_(next number).JPG". M"ake a copy of it and rename the copy IMG_(next number).THM" and it should show up full size now.

thanks
    -meberra

just wondering, why are you wasting time moving the files?
    you need to have mobilepreview and mobilefinder installed
    the fetched pictures go into /var/mobile/Media/MMSFiles
    just direct your phone to there in mobilefinder
    make sure you turn on "System File Access"
    so that you can go to /
    Last edited by Jncominco2; 03-04-2008 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jncominco2 For This Useful Post:

smiska2 (03-04-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jncominco2 View Post
    ummm
    no
    wait like 5-10 minutes
    restart your iphone
    and it will work
    thats what i did anyway
    and it works just fine

you need to make sure that the little m in the top right corner by the battery is fully green...its a light green

this is what i did
    and im on ATT

waited like 5-10 minutes
    restarted my phone
    sent a test one
    and it worked
    heres my settings

so that you can go to /
    If you mean by swirly repo, that I added it as an installer source then yes

If you mean by swirly repo, that I added it as an installer source then yes
    did you go into all apps and see if you could find it there?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jncominco2 For This Useful Post:

smiska2 (03-04-2008)

ummm
    no
    wait like 5-10 minutes
    restart your iphone
    and it will work
    thats what i did anyway
    and it works just fine

this is what i did
    and im on ATT

waited like 5-10 minutes
    restarted my phone
    sent a test one
    and it worked
    heres my settings

so that you can go to /
    Pasted from SwirlyMMS blog forum http://swirlymms.megabb.com/support-...l-t47.htm#217:
    You can do all of this using mobilefinder on your phone no need for ftp/scp ssh terminal.. whatever... and no need to change any permissions

1) open mobile finder
    2) browse to picture (~/Media/MMSFiles)
    3) select picture and hit file, copy or move
    4) go up a level
    5) open DCIM
    6) open 100APPLE (~/Media/DCIM/100APPLE)
    7) paste file
    8 ) rename file to IMG_(next number).JPG*
    9) copy file
    10) paste file
    11) rename that copy to IMG_(next number).THM*
    12) exit MobileFinder
    13) open Photo's

You should now have the pictures in your camer roll! This seems like a lot of steps but I only did this for clarification so that everyone could do this without any problems. Once you know how this works its very simple and only takes a minute.

*Example: IMG_0005.JPG and IMG_0005.THM (if there was already a picture in the roll folder named IMG_0004 respecitvely)

*MAKE SURE TO CAPITALIZE EVERYTHING CORRECTLY, if you don't capitalize IMG or
    THM or JPG then it won't work.

Adding My comment too: Hey!

There are possibillities to have the thumb nail into Camera roll to when doing as says above and after that go in to /Media/DCIM/100APPLE and do the same thing there. With other words: the IMG JPG pic are there....so just paste it and make a copy and rename that one also to THM. That´s it!! Now u can see the picture in camera roll as all others. With out just an empty frame! Cool eh!!?? ......

lonnie wrote:
    maz wrote:
    lonnie wrote:
    SERBIAN wrote:
    Thanx for this tip...Works as described..

It does work and I've been doing something similar, the only issue is the lack of thumbnails in the camera roll, you can't see what the picture is until you tap it.

Actually I've though about creating a shell script that does this and has a shortcut on the springboard.. but really it's just not been worth the time yet.

there is an app called "Tapp" which lets you create a bunch of shell commands that you can tap to execute.. might be nice to put these steps in there.

Hey!

There are possibillities to have the thumb nail into Camera roll to when doing as says above and after that go in to /Media/DCIM/100APPLE and do the same thing there. With other words: the IMG JPG pic are there....so just paste it and make a copy and rename that one also to THM. That´s it!! Now u can see the picture in camera roll as all others. With out just an empty frame! Cool eh!!??

I wonder if this would work for thumbnails then, rather than making a copy of the image with the .THM extension

ln -s ORIGINAL.JPG THUMBNAIL.THM

just a link to the original .. takes up less space ..

if all that works, I'll be tempted to get on writing a shell script that automatically takes all jpg files from the mms directory and renames/links them properly..

Just to follow up .. it does work

Furthermore .. I tried renaming an MMS photo to MMS_0001.JPG and then linking for the thumb .. it works

This means we can keep MMS messages seperated from the camera roll by filename .. without throwing off or worrying about overwriting in a shell script primarily

If not have any others to do with ur time it can be funny to do anyway....
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

15. The Following User Says Thank You to maz For This Useful Post:

Jncominco2 (03-04-2008)

that would be a good idea to get it to save to your camera roll
    most of the MMS's i recieve are stupid ones
    so i dont want to save them
    but ill have to remember that somehow so when i get a picture of someone or something that i want to keep
    i can save it in there and not have to go into mobilefinder everytime
    thnx
    if only there was a way to have it do that automatically...that would be a lot better heh
    Last edited by Jncominco2; 03-04-2008 at 09:56 AM.

My 16Gig 1.1.4 jailbroken/Ziphone2.5 w/ AT&T service is on a family plan with unlimited texting for the whole family. I didn’t have to call or change anything, so my guess is that it’s much easier to give everyone access to the MMS capability then to single one account out and block certain features.... I have sent and received several Multimedia Messages successfully while I was on and off Wi-Fi…

You will need “MobileFinder” from APP.TAPP install it and use it to locate your pictures that have been sent to you. MMS will notify you that you need to “fetch” the attachment, once downloaded you can retrieve it by going to MMS Files (~/Media/MMS Files) if it’s a picture you can move the file to your photos and rename it just like the ones in your camera roll so you can view it through your Photo APP. (example: I moved a picture sent to me from “~/Media/MMS” Files to “~/Media?DCIM/100APPLE” and renamed it “IMG_0002.JPG” just like that and I was then able to view it through the Photos app)

Hope this helps...

Here are my Swirly MMS settings….

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com

APN: wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1

Image: Medium

16Gig iPhone
    1.1.4 Ziphoned
    ATT customer

well for one
    thats a dif MMSFiles path than mine has
    and 2
    i dont have any APN settings on mine
    and it works
    but if yours works then i guess thats cool :P

im on
    8GB
    ATT

that would be a good idea to get it to save to your camera roll
    most of the MMS's i recieve are stupid ones
    so i dont want to save them
    but ill have to remember that somehow so when i get a picture of someone or something that i want to keep
    i can save it in there and not have to go into mobilefinder everytime
    thnx
    if only there was a way to have it do that automatically...that would be a lot better heh
    Opps!!! WAIT guys. Some problems with that paste and copy one so far:

by burtthaman Today at 11:53 am
    My directions at the top of the page included copying and renaming to .THM for thumbnail not sure if that was unclear or not, if so let me know what to change in order for it to make sense. Also, I'm wondering if anyone is having the same problem as me. Once I copied the files over to the camera roll and renamed etc. everything wroks perfectly in photo's but when I open up swirlymms and try to send a pic it has a huge picture there and I can't scroll away from it.. but the top of another huge picture is there when I scroll down.. very strange. When I deleted the pictures I added to 100APPLE and left the ones that were already there everything worked fine again... I'm thinking because the .THM files are the same size as the regular JPG file and so they aren't actually thumbnails... Is anyone else having this problem?

So for u who is interested to continue explore and develop this issue lets go to: http://swirlymms.megabb.com/support-...ll-t47.htm#221
    Last edited by maz; 03-04-2008 at 10:10 AM. Reason: adding comment.
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

Green Apple
    Thanks

did you go into all apps and see if you could find it there?
    ok I'm a dumb ***, I didn't use capital letter S on the second part of the address SwirlySpaces. Thanks for the help!

ok I'm a dumb ***, I didn't use capital letter S on the second part of the address SwirlySpaces. Thanks for the help!
    haha ya man no prob

so that you can go to /
    We do have those things installed and yes we can view it that way, but some of us would like to save/store our pictures we get in camera roll and be able to view them as regular pictures without having to go through mobilefinder (which can be annoying and not as cool as scrolling through pictures with your finger and autosizing it by turning your phone sideways which mobilepreview does not do).

Also I will not be posting in this thread any longer. The guys that made Swirly have set up a forum dedicated to swirlymms: http://swirlymms.megabb.com/index.htm

Go there if you want help or want to add suggestions etc.

And I also recommend going to the specific thread dealing with adding pictures to the camera roll which I started over there if you are interested in that: adding pics to camera roll

Quote Originally Posted by burtthaman View Post
    We do have those things installed and yes we can view it that way, but some of us would like to save/store our pictures we get in camera roll and be able to view them as regular pictures without having to go through mobilefinder (which can be annoying and not as cool as scrolling through pictures with your finger and autosizing it by turning your phone sideways which mobilepreview does not do).

Also I will not be posting in this thread any longer. The guys that made Swirly have set up a forum dedicated to swirlymms: http://swirlymms.megabb.com/index.htm

Go there if you want help or want to add suggestions etc.

And I also recommend going to the specific thread dealing with adding pictures to the camera roll which I started over there if you are interested in that: adding pics to camera roll
    i was thinking of just looking at them
    but yes i can understand if your wanting to save them
    im trying to think of a way to make the thumbnails for when you save them
    but im thinkin youll need an app that would resize them
    which would be kinda wierd...><
    but the MMS_0001.JPG works
    just no thumbnail
    and if you do MMS_0001.THM
    the big picture in swirly pops up

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast