Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srbug View Post
    Just tested it then

FW 1.1.4
    Operator Vodafone AU
    MMS & APN settings from the site provided on first page

I keep gettting and error saying "MMS cannot be sent right now since GPRS/EDGE is not available! Please review your MMS and/or EDGE APN settings, or wait a while if settings are correct..."

I have checked the settings and they are all correct according to the site link in the first post. Don't know what could be wrong. I'm a little excited as it is saying GPRS as well as EDGE maybe I will be able to send over GPRS when all the bugs are fixed..
    No matter what settings I try and no matter how long I wait this is still the case.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

No problem. Glad I could help

Quote Originally Posted by joe88 View Post
    you have to put it in exactly the way it says: swirlyspace.com/SwirlySpace.xml

the 2 S have to be in caps. i had that same problem. then you will see swirlyspace category in installer
    still is not working.

do you have to be on 1.1.4 to do this?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Damn this AT&T. Went to a local att store got them to add the .25 mms plan. Great should be golden...Service Denied. Drove to a different local att store and asked the lady to verify that I indeed had the .25 mms plan. Yes should be working she tells me. Ok I try to send one in the store...Service Denied. No matter what settings I use I keep getting Service Denied. How long did you guys have to wait after having it added to your plans for Swirly to work? I have been waiting 3 hours now since adding the ppu mms plan and still no go. Maybe I just gotta wait up to 24 hours. Damn Apple too for not just including this basic service to begin with. Done my ranting...

16gb Iphone
    1.1.4 Ziphoned
    Legit ATT customer

Thanks

The lady at AT&T said that I have to get another plan for my RAZR to add that feature. Now that's some serious bull ****. Can I call again, or do I have to wait because they saw that I just called?

The pictures are so small. Is there any other program i can use to view it but larger than mobile view?

Quote Originally Posted by GoIrish View Post
    Damn this AT&T. Went to a local att store got them to add the .25 mms plan. Great should be golden...Service Denied. Drove to a different local att store and asked the lady to verify that I indeed had the .25 mms plan. Yes should be working she tells me. Ok I try to send one in the store...Service Denied. No matter what settings I use I keep getting Service Denied. How long did you guys have to wait after having it added to your plans for Swirly to work? I have been waiting 3 hours now since adding the ppu mms plan and still no go. Maybe I just gotta wait up to 24 hours. Damn Apple too for not just including this basic service to begin with. Done my ranting...

16gb Iphone
    1.1.4 Ziphoned
    Legit ATT customer
    Fix took place immediatly for me

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

fantastic work. great news.

i cant find it on installer!

1) firmware version: OUT THE BOX 1.1.3
    2) jailbroken/unlocked/activated: ZiPhone GUI
    3) carrier info: t-Moble, usa Missouri
    4) no wifi, t-moble edge 1.1.3 fix

T-Mobile (USA)
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS-APN: wap.voicestream.com
    User: empty
    Pass: empty

Everything works well. Sending and Receiving. I have Mobile Finder installed and went and installed Mobile Preview. and tested it out. the only thing i have a problem with is, when i set the pics to max.... there still kinda small. If you get a message sent with text. You wont be able to read the text with it(or at least i cant figure out how to do it)

thats it, thank.
    -meberra

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sparblaze View Post
    The lady at AT&T said that I have to get another plan for my RAZR to add that feature. Now that's some serious bull ****. Can I call again, or do I have to wait because they saw that I just called?
    ^^^Same for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by freeworld View Post

@burtthaman: Are you satisfied now? All my friend who have legit AT&T Registered iPhones have the same plan without changing anything.

Quit out of installer, then fire it back up. Goto Sources and hit Refresh. Hope this helps.
    it didnt work

Default SwirlyMMS not working please help
    1) firmware version: OUT THE BOX 1.1.3
    2) jailbroken/unlocked/activated: ZiPhone GUI
    3) carrier info: t-Moble, usa Missouri
    4) has wifi, t-moble edge 1.1.3 fix

T-Mobile (USA)
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS-APN: wap.voicestream.com
    User: empty
    Pass: empty

uploaded new verison of SwirlyMMS version 03.2 and place the proper info in the right fields. when i restarted the phone i got "MMS cannot be sent right now since GPRS/EDGE is not available! Please review your MMS and/ or EDGE APN settings, or wait a while if settings are correct...." any one with this problem please help??!!!???

and now i get a "could not activate EDGE: You are not subscribed to EDGE" please help me
    Last edited by doeray; 03-03-2008 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoIrish View Post

16gb Iphone
    1.1.4 Ziphoned
    Legit ATT customer
    Did you restart your phone?

Don't know if this has been posted already, but you can view your pictures using the Photos application by just moving the received pics to DCIM/100APPLE folder with Mobilefinder and renaming it IMG_(next number).JPG. There's no thumbnail but it still works

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Halflife666 For This Useful Post:

meberra (03-03-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    ^^^Same for me too.
    Damn these AT&T operators. Can an AT&T person on here set it up? This really sucks. I guess I'll try again. And to think I gave advice to someone and it worked...
    Last edited by Sparblaze; 03-03-2008 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TehReaper View Post
    i just called AT&T and added the unlimited text messaging to my phone..and i still get service denied...how do i fix this thanx?!?!
    I changed the Iphone data to just unlimited data, plus message plan. The iphone data plan does not receive mms. Tell them you have two phones you alternate and the mms is not working on your other phone. It will cost like $5-10 more than the iphone plan. But it works.

Here's what i did and it worked perfectly with corporate ATT not local store. I called and finally spoke to a real person. I then stated that I wanted to add a plan. She said ok which one. I said the unlimited family txt msg plan. She said ok let me see... you know that this charge is on top of your iphone 20/mo charge and I said yes. She said ok just wanted to make sure, you are set up and it goes into effect immediately. I said thanks, that was it, no hassles or anything.

As far as the .5 cents per mms thing that you have I totally believe that you have it. I never doubted you. I just don't think that this is available to the masses, the reason you and your friends probably all have this is because you all got your iphones int he same area. Wish i lived there... anyways.. for the majority of the people this will not work.

As for viewing the text that is written with other peoples phones sending you mms you need mobiletexeditor just like you need mobilepreview for pictures etc.

I do have a question though... when I send mms to my wife on her iphone she recieves the picture. When I try to send it to a friend who is also on cingular the friend keeps getting this mesasge: file to large. I'm wondering whether the problem is on my end or hers because no matter what size I set swirlymms to (even on minimum) her phone says it's too large. Makes no sense to me...

Quote Originally Posted by nickmc01 View Post
    There is a lot more plans than just the 200 txt for $10 you can get unlimited txt/media messaging to Cingular customers and 500 txt to non Cingular. For $20 you get the same thing but its unlimited txt/mms to any carrier I pay $80 a month trust me I know what I am paying for
    I'm not really sure what you are talking about... I never said there was only a 200 txt plan? in fact i linked to the page that has all the plans. And i even talked about getting the unlimited txt for 20 or family unlimited for 30 that includes mms? not really sure what you are even trying to say lol. I was specifically talking to the guy that has the very strange ".5 extra take away an sms" plan
    Last edited by burtthaman; 03-03-2008 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Halflife666 View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted already, but you can view your pictures using the Photos application by just moving the received pics to DCIM/100APPLE folder with Mobilefinder and renaming it IMG_(next number).JPG. There's no thumbnail but it still works
    Sweet i have been looking for this folder cant wait to try it out

Thanks

Why am I not recieving any messages?

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast