Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

Cant pull up the mms pictures

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alltribz View Post
    Does Swirlymms have to be open to receive?
    No. If you get one you'll see the little red notification dot just like a text message on SwirlyMMS.

i just came back from my local AT&T store and asked them to add the FAMILY MSG UNLIMITED (which includes MMS...etc.) and downgrade my iphone text to the standard amount.

Just installed and used the posted settings for AT&T and my message sent out first try

mmsc.cingular.com

I'm still waiting for it to come in though will post when that happens

16GB iPhone
    Obviously 1.1.4

just received the message now. I got an error on showing the picture but that's because I don't have the required items installed that was previously listed in this thread...
    Last edited by iNfEk; 03-03-2008 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i got it working now..! i had to call AT&T and i spoke to a technical person and they provision my MMS!! w00t!

uhmm when i added the source swirylspace.com/swirlyspace.xml it doesnt show up in the install thing.

i go to all packages and the only swirlyspace i can download is .2.2

any help?

Does anyone know what exactly to ask AT&T to get the MMS going? I installed everything needed, but when I called AT&T, they kept telling me that they have no package plan for the iPhone. I already have the unlimited data package and SMS.
    "Yes iPooted...It Happens"

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koolksmart View Post
    I'm on AT&T, 1.1.3 firmwire, jailbroken. At first, when I would open the program it would shut down on me almost instantly. I unistalled it, reinstalled it, and restarted my phone. I enterd the settings:

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032

I tried to send a picture to my friend and got this message:

Failed to send MMS. The network reported: service denied.
    Please read first. You have to call AT&T and say you use your sim card in another phone, and you want to set up MMS for that phone.

To guy above tell them you use sim card in another phone when you go on trips.
    Last edited by Sparblaze; 03-03-2008 at 04:19 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparblaze For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (03-03-2008), koolksmart (03-03-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I called and sucessfully got them to add MMS for the second time now.

I had to call twice, the first time i got some woman that told me to email my pics.

Great program works both ways! Even send while WiFi is on!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohssoccer2 View Post
    uhmm when i added the source swirylspace.com/swirlyspace.xml it doesnt show up in the install thing.

any help?
    It's CASE sensitive, you need to enter:-

swirlyspace.com/SwirlySpace.xml

I'm also on O2 and getting the same error when receiving, as others on this thread: Failed to get HTTP Header

I tried my O2 SIM in A Orbit to see if O2 disabled the MMS feature on my O2 Simplicity Tariff, which used to work on my old N95-8GB, and all worked fine, so it's not my O2 SIM or O2 account that's the problem.
    Last edited by InspectorGadget171175; 03-03-2008 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparblaze View Post
    Please read first. You have to call AT&T and say you use your sim card in another phone, and you want to set up MMS for that phone.

I told them that the 1st time, and he said that the iphone SIM wasnt set up to work in other phones because of the IMEI would have to be switched over and over when putting in each phone. He said that its not even supposed to work in another phone, but thats BS cause it does on my nokia.

I orig told him that I switched phones that I take to the club and work, since I didnt want to mess my iphone up. But he said that Id have to switch IMEI's etc each time I switched back and forth.

I called back and used another excuse- this ntime it was a lady and I just told her straight up to add MMS capabilities because I had a 3rd party app. She said theres no way of making it work bla blaa blaaa.
    "Yes iPooted...It Happens"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohssoccer2 View Post

any help?

you have to put it in exactly the way it says: swirlyspace.com/SwirlySpace.xml

the 2 S have to be in caps. i had that same problem. then you will see swirlyspace category in installer

is there a way to delete the fetched messages? I tried deleting them through mobilefinder or mobilepreview program and they stay there. also the program doesn't allow you to clear the sent/received data. it'll do it initially and then when you enter into the program again the full history is there again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Glad i work for ATT. Couple clicks in Telegence and my phone is golden!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

I got the same deal. The dumb jerkoffs said that i already had MMS and that if i couldn't get it to work to do my MMS through email... WTF, that's not MMS.. grrrr. I dunno what else to try to say to the retards at AT&T.

I finally recieved a picture, I dont know why it wont work for certain people. I had two people who were on the verizon network send me pictures but only one of them came through, they both had MMS plans.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to KeanBurke For This Useful Post:

philbee (03-03-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparblaze View Post

OH HELL YES,, first lady I talked to hooked it up for me!!! much thanks and thanked

guys ppl at AT&T arnt gonna even know what an app is LOL. And the imei thing is bs I use my sim in my iPhone, palm, blackjack, slvr never had a problem

Default corporate settings
    i have a 1.1.4 jailbroken corporate plan phone. I have the Enterprise Data Plan for iPhone 1500. I have tried every setting in this thread, to no avail. I keep getting the error "Failed to send MMS" the network reported:service denied.

ideas?

i put the source in my sources but it never comes up in the installer can someone help me...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burtthaman View Post
    I don't know what world you live in but this is totally not true. You may be a very VERY lucky case where someone somehow gave you something you shouldn't have.

@burtthaman: Are you satisfied now? All my friend who have legit AT&T Registered iPhones have the same plan without changing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by itzadeelio3 View Post
    i put the source in my sources but it never comes up in the installer can someone help me...
    Quit out of installer, then fire it back up. Goto Sources and hit Refresh. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by freeworld; 03-03-2008 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast