Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

Anyone got this working on Orange in the UK ? If so, what are the settings ?

If any of you are having problems with swirlymms not loading up (especially after changing the settings for your mms info) then just get out of swirlymms and restart your phone. Once restarted it should load up just fine and the m on the status bar should turn green rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by burtthaman View Post
    if you have the 1500 message plan then you don't need this
    apn: wap.cingular
    user: [email protected]
    pass: cingular1

Only need the
    mmsc: mmsc.cingular.com/
    proxy: 66.209.11.032

also this has been stated many times but always remember to wait for the m in the upper right on the status bar to turn fully green instead of grayed out (which means it isn't using edge yet) before sending or trying to recieve.
    This worked for me on AT&T, JB, 1.1.3
    The person on the phone said the cost was the same as the "text messaging"

still not working, I got the M to go green, I sent my friend a picture, it goes in the outbox, but he said he didnt recieve it. I asked two other people to send me pictures, they sent them but I didnt recieve anything.

iPhone? More like MyPhone imagineThiss's Avatar
    Thanks

hey guys... when i open the files using mobile finder/ mobile preview the picture is sooo small is there something wrong im doing , or is that normal....

Default Help with o2-UK settings
    These are my settings:
    Some people report success with them but I'm have problems

mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
    193.113.200.195:8080

wap.o2.co.uk
    o2wap
    password

I can send ok and the other phone gets them but when trying to fetch I get this error:

failed to GET:timeout error when reading http header
    Could not fetch MMS
    Check your settings!

Have anyone seen a problem like this?

Its strange as they send fine but frustrating not to recieve. I'd appreciate if any o2-UK user can tell me your experience and if you did anything different
    Last edited by ericidle; 03-03-2008 at 10:57 AM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

I added the suggested Repository and only SwirlyMMS 2.2 is available.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    hey guys... when i open the files using mobile finder/ mobile preview the picture is sooo small is there something wrong im doing , or is that normal....
    http://swirlymms.megabb.com/support-...-small-t12.htm

that should help you out, I wish somebody would help me or atleast let me know if mines is working properly.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KeanBurke For This Useful Post:

ericidle (03-03-2008)

That's amazing! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by burtthaman View Post
    This still does not work without doing what I said... you 3 guys just got lucky. Take a look at this page: Text/Media Plans

There is a 200 text plan that includes mms for 5 dollars, sounds to me like somehow you guys got that added on either for a 5 dollar fee or for free somehow, point is that 99% of the people trying this on ATT can NOT send mms without doing what I said, as confirmed by a rep that works at ATT below my post.

I urge anyone to try these settings out though as it seems that some people are getting this service on accident, but for most of us this will not work and refer back to my previous post on page 12. BUT if you are like me and my wife... the 200 text messages isn't really enough anyways.. then add mms ability and... lets just say we need the unlimited plan anyways... so no big deal to me, though some will find it very annoying paying 20 to 30 dollars extra a month and I can see why.
    There is a lot more plans than just the 200 txt for $10 you can get unlimited txt/media messaging to Cingular customers and 500 txt to non Cingular. For $20 you get the same thing but its unlimited txt/mms to any carrier I pay $80 a month trust me I know what I am paying for

Had the same problem mate can send ok when i get when i go to fetch it and keep getting the same error on o2 with the same settings as you .

Default O2 Uk
    Looks like most O2 UK owners are having the ame problem where they can send out but cannot recieve MMS..Im getting te fetching 1/2 but it just comes up with the following error message-

faild to GET: timeout or error when reading http header

Anyone got the fix for this problem? Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy1967 View Post
    Looks like most O2 UK owners are having the ame problem where they can send out but cannot recieve MMS..Im getting te fetching 1/2 but it just comes up with the following error message-

faild to GET: timeout or error when reading http header

Anyone got the fix for this problem? Thanks..
    You can find info here but its not good, seems that o2 do it differently and recieving does not work.

http://swirlymms.megabb.com/

I tried faking my iphone to look like a W800i using this source but its not working either

http://swirlyspace.com/SwirlyMMSSettings/Settings.xml

hard to believe with so many hacked iphone in the UK that someone hasnt got this working, hopefully a solution will be found and posted here or maybe SwirlySpace will find a way around it.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

can you post you settings seems like a port issue

Default SwirlyMMS on
    Does Swirlymms have to be open to receive?

Default Settings
    Same settings as most O2 UK guys-
    MMSC- mmsc.o2.co.uk:8002
    Proxy- 193.113.200.195:8080
    APN- wap.o2.co.uk
    Username- o2wap
    Password- password

i just called AT&T and added the unlimited text messaging to my phone..and i still get service denied...how do i fix this thanx?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by TehReaper View Post
    i just called AT&T and added the unlimited text messaging to my phone..and i still get service denied...how do i fix this thanx?!?!

you need multimedia messaging not unlimited text

i thought earlier in page 12 a dude stated that you would need to get PPU for mms or to upgrade to the unlimited text messages?!?!..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

can some1 please explain how to get at&t to add the pay per use mms? i called them 3 times today and they keep telling me there is no way to add that to the iphone plan, and that i already have the unlimited data and 200 text messages. everytime i try to send a mms it says denied.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast