Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Receive MMS on the iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, I might be from another planet or just one of the lucky ones, but I've been using SwirlyMMS for the last couple months, sending MMS messages. Below is a copy of the portion of my bill for the data. This is the 3rd bill I've gotten since using SwirlyMMS and still have not been charged for any MMS messages. As you can see in the bill it states "Includes Multimedia Messaging Text/Instant Msgs".

Wireless Data
    IPHONE DATA + 200 02/04-03/03 20.00 20.00
    MEDIA MAX 200 MSGS 02/04-03/03 0.00 0.00
    Includes:
    Multimedia Messaging
    Text/Instant Msgs
    MEDIA MAX UNL MNET 02/04-03/03 0.00 0.00

I have an AT&T data plan with 200 text messages.
    iphoneaddcitmmiqd4

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    Just blew an MMSy load.

Update!

Just tested MMS on the Optus Mobile Network down here in Australia
    Here are the values for Optus:

Working 100% Both Sending and Receiving. Super Fast connection when connected (the 'M' icon turns green)! Really impressive.

Unfortunately, you cannot view the MMS directly off the aplication - or send a breif comment along side the photo!

If they send a comment, it gets saved as a .TXT file in your iphones Media Section.

To the SwirlySpacer's in the forum!
    Please let us view the Picture + text in the Application! I know its not impossible!
    Also send the Picture too our Camera Roll (so we can forward it or use it as wallpaper later)!

Thanks.
    'Yes Optus"...... Optus advices.. ohh how I miss aussy land.. cant wait to move down there totally random I know

it worked for me. i'm have the Any 400 Domestic Messages $4.99 per month from tmobile and i just installed swirlymms put in the carrier info that is written on the first page of this thread and i can send and receive! i also installed MobileFinder and MobilePreview.

Oh and i am on 1.1.3 unlocked/jailbroken.
    the images are pretty small but other than that its all good.

i hope the can put the received pictures on the photo/camera roll folder on the future update! and make em bigger too

thanks guys i'll be sure to donate something.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cellphonenodvd04 For This Useful Post:

rabanjr (03-03-2008)

to received the MMS is needer to have the SWIRLYMMS app on?

or i can go to the home and automatically when a mms received it start?

i have try to send to myself one, i send it... but i dont received it yet.... 10 minutes ago...

in MOVISTAR (SPAIN)

All this crazy at&t billing makes me glad I ported to T-Mobile last week. Anyways 1.1.4 w/MMS on T-Mobile US works like a champ on mine and my gf iphone. Oh and no billing issues here called customer care and they said all they saw were free txt msgs being sent and received.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    Try turning your phone completely off an back on. This happened to me the first few times then it worked.
    Hey it works! Thanks
    Now to call AT&T..."I use this sim card with my RAZR also when I go on trips..."

EDIT: I didn't receive my test MMS. Do I have to setup the feature first, because I was only receiving it. I got that multi media message crap.
    Last edited by Sparblaze; 03-03-2008 at 06:34 AM.

o2 uk setting which work mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
    proxy 193.113.200.195:8080
    apn wap.o2.co.uk
    username o2wap
    password password
    got to send it and receive it but you need to have mobile finder and preview to view it ok

Default Hey ATT kids. This way!!!!!
    Thanks to cellphonenodvd04 for this.
    He clarified something the many put but did not work.

FIRST. do not put http//: before mmsc.cingular.com

There were also a couple of extra zeros in the proxy. Fill it in as shown above.

Everything else should be done in all capital letters.

The big thing that I know kept me from sending was the http//:

Now I can send and receive and have no optional plan. Just the iPhone plan with 200 text a month. I do have a family plan but no extra features.

OH!! Gotta turn off wifi to receive.

Good luck!

Allan
    Last edited by rabanjr; 03-03-2008 at 06:42 AM. Reason: edit

can anybody help me or give me some advice? Im on tmobile, I have unlimited texting. I download the swirlymms, put the tmobile settings on. after i do that it crashes. goes right back to the spring. what am I doing wrong?

ok, I think I know why it kept crashing, its because I was putting my apn under the MMS specific settings when it was already under edge.
    Last edited by KeanBurke; 03-03-2008 at 07:38 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default great news
    this is great news...i'm tired of having to following a link to receive MMS' from my friends. Someone asked me about this last night and I told them that someone would create an app long before apple made it a core feature of the iPhone. Thanks again.

Thanks

I have tried everything. Ok, guys, this is what I have!
    I have already installed mobile preview and mobile finder, and the Swirly MMS app. I am on 1.1.2, jailbroken, and unlocked.

Can someone tell me the settings, and the steps to make this work, just to know that I am doing it correctly? Please? Anyone

I have read and read, and don't know what I am doing wrong??

Well, thanks in advance,and if someone can help me, I would really appreciate it.
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default What's Wrong?...
    I'm on AT&T, 1.1.3 firmwire, jailbroken. At first, when I would open the program it would shut down on me almost instantly. I unistalled it, reinstalled it, and restarted my phone. I enterd the settings:

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032

I tried to send a picture to my friend and got this message:

Failed to send MMS. The network reported: service denied.

Works like a charm in Switzerland via Swisscom. (Send & Receive!)

Settings for Swisscomm (Switzerland)
    MMSC: http://mms.natel.ch:8079
    Proxy: 192.168.210.002:8080

APN: event.swisscom.ch
    User/PW: *leave empty*
    A*obe CS3 by ubik "teh CS3 iPhone theme":
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48371

My FW way:
    1.1.1 JB/unlocked ->1.1.3 JB/unlocked ->1.1.1 locked ->1.0.2 JB/unlocked ->1.1.1 JB/unlocked. ->1.1.2 JB/locked fxxcked up not booting ->
    1.1.1 JB/unlocked ->1.1.2 JB/unlocked ->update to 1.1.3 JB/unlocked ->1.1.3 JB/unlocked fxxcked up, spinning wheel of death ->
    restore 1.1.3-> 1.1.3 JB/unlocked.

This still does not work without doing what I said... you 3 guys just got lucky. Take a look at this page: Text/Media Plans

There is a 200 text plan that includes mms for 5 dollars, sounds to me like somehow you guys got that added on either for a 5 dollar fee or for free somehow, point is that 99% of the people trying this on ATT can NOT send mms without doing what I said, as confirmed by a rep that works at ATT below my post.

I urge anyone to try these settings out though as it seems that some people are getting this service on accident, but for most of us this will not work and refer back to my previous post on page 12. BUT if you are like me and my wife... the 200 text messages isn't really enough anyways.. then add mms ability and... lets just say we need the unlimited plan anyways... so no big deal to me, though some will find it very annoying paying 20 to 30 dollars extra a month and I can see why.
    Last edited by burtthaman; 03-03-2008 at 09:31 AM.

For all you AT&T customers this it what I did to get it to work on my Family Plan.
    I added FAMILY MSG UNLIMITED - Shared for $30 a month.
    Then I removed my unlimited iphone txt which brought the price down from $40 a month to $20 a month the net cost increase is $10.00 for unlimited texts including MMS. It now wors perfectly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

where do the pics go when you receive them? How can you view them
    I'm on 1.1.4
    unlocked and jailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by jayh View Post
    where do the pics go when you receive them? How can you view them
    I'm on 1.1.4
    unlocked and jailbroken
    mobile finder / mobile preview / mobile text editor
    Last edited by burtthaman; 03-03-2008 at 09:12 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to burtthaman For This Useful Post:

imagineThiss (03-03-2008)

att
    jb 1.1.3
    900 min plan, with iphone data plan, and the messaging 1500 which says in its description
    "Now take messaging to the next level for one low monthly price. Send and receive 1500 messages any way you want - text, picture, video and IM with anyone in the U.S. (5 cents/add'l msg)."
    I have used the latest settings for att mentioned
    "
    mmsc: mmsc.cingular.com/
    proxy: 66.209.11.032

in CAPS*
    apn: wap.cingular
    user: [email protected]
    pass: cingular1

picture set to medium "
    now it takes for ever, but then still comes back with the service denied....
    last night i had tried this, and it had totally messed with my phone until i uninstalled it.... it was making me drop calls like crazy, even came up with a SIM FAILURE error...
    i have uninstalled/installed reset the phone and everything, this is a mess for at&t users...
    just my experience, hopefully it can be worked with in the next release or fixed some how some way

Quote Originally Posted by kriffer View Post
    att
    jb 1.1.3
    900 min plan, with iphone data plan, and the messaging 1500 which says in its description
    "Now take messaging to the next level for one low monthly price. Send and receive 1500 messages any way you want - text, picture, video and IM with anyone in the U.S. (5 cents/add'l msg)."
    I have used the latest settings for att mentioned
    "

in CAPS*

picture set to medium "
    now it takes for ever, but then still comes back with the service denied....
    last night i had tried this, and it had totally messed with my phone until i uninstalled it.... it was making me drop calls like crazy, even came up with a SIM FAILURE error...
    i have uninstalled/installed reset the phone and everything, this is a mess for at&t users...
    just my experience, hopefully it can be worked with in the next release or fixed some how some way
    if you have the 1500 message plan then you don't need this

I just added the unlimited family plan with absolutely no hassles from corporate ATT they just made me confirm that I realized the fee was on top of the 20 a mo. for iphone and I said yes. Just sent my first mms and it worked. Only need the

also this has been stated many times but always remember to wait for the m in the upper right on the status bar to turn fully green instead of grayed out (which means it isn't using edge yet) before sending or trying to recieve.
    Last edited by burtthaman; 03-03-2008 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast