Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G unlock - New years eve!

Dev Team Rocks...as i am from India its too expensive to buy an iphone 3g through carriers and was waiting for the unlock since a long time and now i m happy that i can be an owner of an iphone 3g..
    Thnx dev team...
    A big hug and a bigger and great HAPPY NEW YEAR..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can't wait

Default Unlock / Jailbreak
    Hi Dev Team,

I was wondering if you can help this 'green' person. I'm definately not tech savvy.
    Firtly, what's the difference between 'Jailbreak' and 'Unlock'?

I was told to jailbreak my phone, I downloaded the necessary files but my phone isn't recognised in the latest (8.0) iTunes. I'm not sure if this is a recurring problem.

Thanks in advance.
    Josie
    Melb - Australia.

DEVE TEAM: i will say thank u to u after when i will unlock but i'm glad to say that u guys are very helpful and very genius if guys never make these unlock jailbreaks than nobody will buy the Steve Job shits which he make no forward option in sms and can't delete separate sms. its a sucks really
    im very thankful to you all developers Team have a nice day see ya...

Thanks

Dev Team u all r d king of iphone ... u shud rather replace steve jobs n becum d CEO of apple ..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Almost time! yay for 3G unlock!

What time zone are we going by here? Also what repo is this going to end up being posted on? MMi I'm assuming...

Thanq and Amazing work like always by the dev team! Iwill Wait For This Amazing Post, The Dev Team are absolute heroes to many of us!
    Congrats!

Can't be any better, hard to meet this.

THX

WOW thanks Dev Team. Will we be able to use it on Jan 1st on any carrier? Another question would be do we have to do it with Apple Computer or we can do it via PC too?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jeffwo's Avatar
    Thanks

Props to the Dev Team!

What time can we expect this?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Unlocked at last!!!!!!
    This is very exciting. I have been counting down the days!

FYI: You won't need a computer to unlock your phone to work on any GSM carrier. You need to have your phone jailbroken with Cydia on it. The unlock will be available on Cydia and it will just install directly from your phones internet.

So can anyone confirm if they are going to release yellowsnow THIS YEAR or next because I'm pretty sure it's the 31st

Hmmm so the dev team blog has been update with the following...

Which translates into vtaber 61060174
    Last edited by DSMKilla; 12-31-2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jeffwo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by w0by View Post
    ...You won't need a computer to unlock your phone to work on any GSM carrier. You need to have your phone jailbroken with Cydia on it. The unlock will be available on Cydia and it will just install directly from your phones internet.

Hmm...I thought if you jailbroke a 3G with the current files http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...ailbroken.html, it would reset the baseband so it couldn't be unlocked (any time soon anyway)?

Last edited by Jeffwo; 12-31-2008 at 12:32 PM.

This is good news, I will be upgrading to a 3G iphone as soon as they can unlock the newest firmware using this method!

Question? I have a 3g iphone with the latest Baseband 2.28. Now the update is coming via cydia how can i unlock the phone if it's not jailbroken? Will there be a program we can download from online that can process this?

so far it looks like it will only be through cydia, so you'll need a jailbroken iphone

Quote Originally Posted by carlos.michell View Post
    Question? I have a 3g iphone with the latest Baseband 2.28. Now the update is coming via cydia how can i unlock the phone if it's not jailbroken? Will there be a program we can download from online that can process this?
    At least for the inital release, you have to jailbreak your phone (which will put Cyida on your phone), then through a repository, the Dev Team will release the unlocking tool for download and then you can unlock your 3G through the program you just downloaded. If you are worried about jailbreaking, dont be; jailbreaking is really easy. Just use QuickPwn and follow the instructions and tutorials carefully. And if you need any help, this is what we are here for at MMi...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happy New Year to all.

Does the 3G Unlock is now officially released by the Development Team?
    I live in Asia with a +8 Hours GMT and a bit confused which time zone should I check on
    to know if the 3G software unlock via Cydia is now avilable.

Cheers for the New Year,

Don

I'm just waking up... was the YellowSnow realeased?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast