Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UPDATED -- 10.5.6 Breaks DFU Mode?

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

What happens when you try to put the phone in DFU mode with Pwnagetool? Dose it say it failed and what color is the screen...if it is black then you will be able to install the custom ipsw you built. It has worked for me 4 out of 5 times.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have used the tool (the best btw) and it still will give me a black screen with a error when in itunes.

pwnge - dfu mod with the tool
    itunes helper disabled
    go to install cust firmware - error in itunes.

Thanks

After you run the automator did the mac restart?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

USB - auotmator?... Hmmm... No it didnt..
    Gave me the prombt, closed programs.. clicked ok. And then a folder appeared on the desktop. (Backup IOUSB Fam)

Thanks

After the files have been installed the mac needs to be restarted.

Here is the guide...iClarified - iPhone - How to Enable DFU Mode in Mac OS X 10.5.6

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yup! Tried that. Nothing.. Tried to repwnage the iphone. Nothing. I am thinking that the only solution is using a USB hub. Seems that all the blogs are stating that is the only solution. Odd that we have to do that.. And I thought that it was hard with ibrickr.. I have Quiet Riot in my head going.. "Bang your head..."

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I have an Apple 2G (never been pwned before) running 2.2.1 using a MacBook with 10.5.6. T-Mobile is my carrier. After DAYS of trying, QuickPwn, Pwnage Tool, trying to get the PUK code, calling APPLE CARE!! Here's the deal:

10.5.6 Driver Family Krnl something whatever doesn't work. If you already uploaded a more recent version, like I had, you can go back. I tried. I also have Parallels installed- my bright idea was to just do the whole thing on the windows side, right? Wrong. You might be able to with Bootcamp, but with Parallels, whenever the device tried to go into DFU and come back- that's right, the mac side steps in and screws it up. SO, as per this thread, I went to staples purchased a $25 powered USB hub (which I should be using anyways for all my harddrive back ups), and went to town. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE...
    I had to use BOTH quickpwn AND the pwnage tool. I ran pwnage tool, got the custom ISPW, but for some reason, DFU didn't work. I ran quickpwn, got the DFU to work, but not the reload of the custom restore ISPW. This means that the iTunes doesn't find the phone because of the incompatible SIM. SO, I unplugged the iphone from the base, turned it off, held the home button, while holding the home button, plugged back in (directly no base- yes, cord attached to USB hub), goes into restore mode. ITunes then prompted to restore phone, at which point, option key + restore, pick the custom ISPW you built Pwnage Tool, and EUREKA!!! I'm not really a tech person, so maybe I went through 10 extra steps that more knowledgeable folks would avoid, but I followed every direction, video, blog I could find...this finally worked for me! Hope it helps!

A hub works swimmingly for me... just remember you unplug and replug your iphone after you get the usual error 2001. You can grab a cheap one just for this. Like I just use a Tangle USB hub... you can find this here.
    tangle usb hub - Google Product Search

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123