+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppStore Layout Updated - Slightly Better

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple made some overnight change to the AppStore in iTunes which appears to be an attempt to better organize and showcase the 10,000 applications. Top free and top paid applications
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,274 Times in 652 Posts

Default AppStore Layout Updated - Slightly Better

Apple made some overnight change to the AppStore in iTunes which appears to be an attempt to better organize and showcase the 10,000 applications.
    • Top free and top paid applications are now separated. They are both positioned in the right column of the AppStore with paid apps above the free apps. This change was probably made to help feature paid apps more -- the previous top apps section of proliferated by free apps. Follow the source links at the bottom. Looks like they actually moved Free and Paid to the right and left in category views instead of both in the right column. Sadly not in my iTunes but ohwell. Update: Now the new layout is showing up -- pic updated.
    • The other change made was now the top 100 apps are shown instead of the top 50. Good apps that are out of the top 50 (yes there are some) will now more noticeable possibly promoting more downloads/sales.

While the AppStore still isn't excellent at featuring everything it looks like Apple is making efforts to to improve. You might note that similar changes were already made on the iPhone version of the AppStore back with the latest update to version 2.2 so the changes made in the AppStore via iTunes probably is not in response to complaints by developers concerning the AppStore. This is just something that was probably already on Apple's list and was finally implemented.

[via appleinsider and macrumors]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    The other change made was now the top 50 apps are shown instead of the top 50.
    Wtf?

A: Typo
    Quote Originally Posted by dayloon View Post
    Cydia urinates on installer from a great height.
    Thank me if you find that quote funny or if I helped

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vngsinha For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (12-12-2008), Shimizu1006 (12-12-2008)

Thanks

cydia rocks. and the update is not THAT impressive but at least an attempt
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaMan05's Avatar
    Thanks

ummmm... the top paid and free apps have been separated on my iTunes for as long as I can remember... maybe its because mine is iTunes Canada?

iPhone? More like MyPhone oscar25's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaMan05 View Post
    ummmm... the top paid and free apps have been separated on my iTunes for as long as I can remember... maybe its because mine is iTunes Canada?
    Mine has had top paid and top free separated for as long as I can remember as well.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaMan05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oscar25 View Post
    Mine has had top paid and top free separated for as long as I can remember as well.
    look at the screens in the source links. those i've never seen before. top apps on the right and left when you're on a catergory page.

on the main page, ye it's been there for a long time

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMan05 For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (12-12-2008)

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Yes it is a slight improvement but I would like to see the new apps and new free apps as well..... I am tired of chasing the new apps and new free ones out on websites.... that is just crazy... should be able to get all this info in one place in the store..... I don't know about you... but on the websites I have seen the new and new free ones listed for each day... but went to the appstore and found apps that they did not list....

Top Paid
    Top Free
    New Paid
    New Free

"Always remember your special and unique!"