+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Forget Pastebud iCopy Already Out

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Yeah yeah yeah. I got something like a dozen emails about this so here I am posting before I get any more. The nice little video above shows Pastebud (which
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Default Forget Pastebud iCopy Already Out

Yeah yeah yeah. I got something like a dozen emails about this so here I am posting before I get any more.

The nice little video above shows Pastebud (which is not live yet) working to copy paste between Safari and Mail on the iPhone. How is it done? Just little javascript bookmarks and some backend web services.

Now while a lot of sites on the web seem to think this is god's gift to iPhone users we hate to break it to you. This technology is extremely old news. Instead of waiting eagerly for Pastebud to go live just use iCopy which already does what Pastebud will do and has been out for something like 9 months. edit: Oh look another tool is already around that does the same sort of thing -- iCursor.

edit: Pastebud costs $5 to get rid of annoying stuff. Use the two free ones I linked above.

Enjoy copy pasting between Safari and Email. I'll continue waiting for something a little more comprehensive

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

forget that. i wanna copy any text written on the iphone and paste it any place else. is it really THAT hard to be able to select something on the screen and copy it??

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alperovich For This Useful Post:

lilskaterpunk (12-12-2008)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    forget that. i wanna copy any text written on the iphone and paste it any place else. is it really THAT hard to be able to select something on the screen and copy it??
    Kinda.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

without Apple's blessing? yes.

Thanks

in other words cash, Apple please can you pull your finger out and give us what we want
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess it's a start for the iPhone... I am still waiting for an official Apple solution though
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

I understand that the problem with copy and paste, as well as with sending a doc from Mail to say Mobile Files is that ther is not inter-application file structure. What I don't understand is why there is no inter-application file structure. Is there really some measure of stability to be gained from that arrangement? Or is it just a ridiculous oversight?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidmdowning42 View Post
    I understand that the problem with copy and paste, as well as with sending a doc from Mail to say Mobile Files is that ther is not inter-application file structure. What I don't understand is why there is no inter-application file structure. Is there really some measure of stability to be gained from that arrangement? Or is it just a ridiculous oversight?
    Blackberry seems to do fine... if it is an issue for Apple then they need to do one simple thing... learn to code!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

All I want is SMS forwarding and emoticon support! I guess C&P would bring SMS forwarding if it EVER came.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidmdowning42 View Post
    there was an appstore solution call openclip tocopy paste between apps. problem solved for whoever added some openclip code to their app. The apple broke it with a software update.

SOOOO ridiculous oversight it is

Green Apple
    Thanks

There's a lot of things Apple need to fix. How the hell can a smart phone NOT copy/paste? Why can't we send attachments yet through mobile mail? We can't even edit word/excel docs natively! The iPhone does a lot right, but it fumbled on so many of the fundamentals, it's kinda makes me think the devs had their heads up their asses or something.

Thanks

but every now and then i hold my finger on the screen randomly and it pops up with a little "Action" blue logo, and fills me with hope....
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lightbulb iCursor
    Actually there is a BETTER and OLDER tool:

iCursor v2 - For iPhone and iPod Touch

You can:
    - Email URL
    - Refresh Site
    - Find Text
    - Copy Text
    - Copy Url
    - Copy Link URL
    - Copy Title
    - Link:Cursor
    - Input:Cursor
    - Left/Right Click
    - Clear Input
    - Mouse Pointer
    - Paste Text
    - View Source

15. The Following User Says Thank You to innovaciones For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (12-11-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    All I want is SMS forwarding and emoticon support! I guess C&P would bring SMS forwarding if it EVER came.
    For forwarding, I use MySMS. It's only five bucks for a license and works pretty well. In regard to emoticons why not use the Emoji enabler found in the iSpazio.net repo? While neither of these are perfect solutions, they ought to do in the interim.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post

bite sms has the emoticon support.check that out. as far as this post goes it progress. definately making a move forward thats for sure.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks

i wish apple will stop acting like this and give me my C&P :-(
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone use CopierciN from Cydia?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Kinda.
    a-hem...

you know....

waaaaay back in the day...

back before we had all these fancy schmancy iPhone thingamajiggers...

there was Windows Mobile.

Yep, Good Ole' Windows mobile...

And all you had to dO-Ooo was tap and hole the screen on the word you wanted, and a little dialogue box popped up, asking what it is you wanted to do.

If you wanted a sentence, or one of dem der paragraphs you took this thing we called a "stylus" and kinda drew over what it was that we wanted to copypasta.

yessiree...

Those were the good ole' days...
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

Thanks
    apple should give us the copy/paste thing in next update and they say that this is a business friendly phone,which cannot be true because it lacks app like pocket office.they should work on an app like pocket iwork or office because we really need it to make and edit office documents

iphone has a few things which no phone has right now but lacks a bunch of things which every phone has!!!!!!
    Last edited by adeel akmal; 12-12-2008 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Same here!