Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Monopoly in the AppStore

By far the best app in the appstore at the moment. AWESOME!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Grrrr, I'm on 2g 2.0.2 unlocked/jailbroken... It has been working so well with NO CRASHES, that I've been reluctant to upgrade to 2.2! Well, I'm running out of available apps like this great one... therefore I'll have to do it sometime I guess...
    :-(
    Last edited by LOPEZNUNO; 12-10-2008 at 02:05 PM.

Have you gotten yours to work yet? I am having the same problem.

Thanks..

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by jaded_lude View Post
    that makes sense now... is anyone having problems with jailbroken 2.2? mine crashes back to the home screen before the progress bar even moves and im jailbroken on 2.2.... ??!?!?!?!?

Thanks

Nope. No idea what to do! I put a request into EA. So we shall see. I'll let you know if I hear anything
    iPhone 3G 16gb white with 3.0b5
    iPod touch 1st gen 8gb
    iMac 20" 2.66
    appleTV 40gb
    PowerBook G4
    iPod 5.5 30gb
    iPod mini 4gb
    dell mini9 hacked with os x 10.5.6

Ok, thanks....same here.

This is crazy...

Nope. No idea what to do! I put a request into EA. So we shall see. I'll let you know if I hear anything

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

up to 4 players (any number of which can be real or AI)... wifi play... yes it's worth the 7 bucks (I also tested on 2.2)

haha. yeah i am running 2.2. thats what led me to believe that jailbroken 2.2 wouldnt play monopoly.
    I am on a JB 2.2 Did you update the baseband on 2.2?
    Last edited by sziklassy; 12-10-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

no i did not update the baseband on 2.2. im under the assumption that if i do that, i can't jailbreak. am i wrong in thinking this?
    iPod touch 1st gen 8gb
    iMac 20" 2.66
    appleTV 40gb
    PowerBook G4
    iPod 5.5 30gb
    iPod mini 4gb

Thanks

OK, well i now put the stock 2.2 firmware on the phone with restore through itunes, and it still doesn't work. im lost. makes absolutely zero sense.

now i took every app off of the phone. the phone is exactly the way it comes from apple, with a fresh 2.2 restore from dfu. installed monopoly. and still crashes. i didnt even put my music, movies, or photos on here. this is rediculous. does anyone have any idea what i can do, or someone who would be able to help. i dont understand how the same version can work for some people and not for others. there should not be anything conflicting on my phone. HELP PLEASE!
    Last edited by jaded_lude; 12-10-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPod touch 1st gen 8gb
    iMac 20" 2.66
    appleTV 40gb
    PowerBook G4
    iPod 5.5 30gb
    iPod mini 4gb

Pretty fun game. I spent a couple hours playing and won.

jaded_lude - I had the same issue as you. I just deleted and re-installed it a couple times and it finally took. Might try that. don't forget to sync with itunes it first so that you don't end up having to pay for it again to re-install.

I've tried that and still no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey79 View Post
    jaded_lude - I had the same issue as you. I just deleted and re-installed it a couple times and it finally took. Might try that. don't forget to sync with itunes it first so that you don't end up having to pay for it again to re-install.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rey79 View Post

yeah, thanks for the tip, but i did that at least 10 times. i actually deleted it from my phone and itunes, re-downloaded and tried reinstalling it from both places numerous times. i think there is obviously a flaw in the program that they need to address. but im surprised its not more common. i have never had an app act like this. if this had happened to me right when i bought this phone i would be very sketchy about ever paying for an app again
    iPod touch 1st gen 8gb
    iMac 20" 2.66
    appleTV 40gb
    PowerBook G4
    iPod 5.5 30gb
    iPod mini 4gb

Thanks
    nice game

YAY, just in time for my Monopoly theme!

I love Monopoly though, I even have the MS-DOS version on a floppy still, I'm so old skool. .
    Talking to the songbird yesterday...

really cool but apps are so expensive
    -white 3gs 32gb on 4.0, black 3gs 16gb on 3.2, black 3g 16gb on 3.2 all on tmobile
    -in the past: 4gb 2g, 8gb 2g

Quote Originally Posted by angelzhope720 View Post
    really cool but apps are so expensive
    Cheaper than a movie ticket and you get more than 3 hours worth of entertainment.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

yeah, thanks for the tip, but i did that at least 10 times. i actually deleted it from my phone and itunes, re-downloaded and tried reinstalling it from both places numerous times. i think there is obviously a flaw in the program that they need to address. but im surprised its not more common. i have never had an app act like this. if this had happened to me right when i bought this phone i would be very sketchy about ever paying for an app again
    still nobody has anything?
    iPod touch 1st gen 8gb
    iMac 20" 2.66
    appleTV 40gb
    PowerBook G4
    iPod 5.5 30gb
    iPod mini 4gb

Thanks

i figured it out!! for whatever reason if you go to settings, general, international, and change the region format to canada. it works.
    iPod touch 1st gen 8gb
    iMac 20" 2.66
    appleTV 40gb
    PowerBook G4
    iPod 5.5 30gb
    iPod mini 4gb

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123