+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Walmart iPhone Coming but at Normal Price

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i am surprised at that price. Apple has always been notorious at selling their prices for exactly what they say the price is going to be. (in case some of
    Thanks

i am surprised at that price. Apple has always been notorious at selling their prices for exactly what they say the price is going to be.

(in case some of you aren't familiar with Apples pricing policy)

You can buy any Apple product for the exact same price anywhere you go. There are no discounts, not black friday sales, no nothing. An iPod is an iPod is an iPod. Whether it be Best Buy or the Apple Store.

I wonder if there is anything unique about these wal-mart ones. If not, I am certainly surprised to see them being sold for 2 dollars cheaper then the standard price.

@grahampaul

here ya go!

maybe this is what they are selling at wal-mart...
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I lol'd.

I think it is an asian knockoff. The Slide part is completely different, saying Slide to Lock and silliness.
    The home button also features a circle, as oppose to the square.

I mean, it'd be shocking if it were true, and I'm not gonna make any allegations here, but it just looks straight up too silly to be real.

I can't help but think of that 'Japanese girls love tiny things' skit from Family Guy.

Secondly, I would think that apple would have Nano-ized the iPod Touch with that kind of technology instead of its latest iteration.

Lastly, the phone lacks apple's love of aethetics. The "Slide to Lock" bar is in block letters, and downright ugly. And a slide to LOCK? There wouldn't be that large a difference between the iPhone and an iPhone mini for the mini to have a completely different OS function like that, especially with the rather recent release of 2.2
    Last edited by McQuackers; 12-09-2008 at 03:10 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wonder if they will require the usual 2-yr contract?

Thanks

I find it hard to believe that apple would manufacture a specific model ($99 4 gig model) for a specific retailer and not for its brick and motor retail stores, that is, unless they plan on stocking this model in Apple stores as well. I also wouldn't think that apple would want to re-release a storage capacity that it has already discontinued over a year ago now but who knows.

@ boe_dye, if you go into any costco or sams club, you will find apple products such as the ipod touch for a few bucks cheaper then what apple demands it to be sold at. Im not sure if said retailer eats the difference.
    I think I win for the most lame avatar

Green Apple
    Thanks

4gb are obsolete
    -white 3gs 32gb on 4.0, black 3gs 16gb on 3.2, black 3g 16gb on 3.2 all on tmobile
    -in the past: 4gb 2g, 8gb 2g

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12