Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Voice Dialing, Search, and More with Vlingo

Works pretty well. I wish someone would make a voice to SMS feature...that'd be so useful for me.

Also, does anyone know if vlingo will work with a BT headset?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I don't think it has auto-update, you need to confirm. I guess for fear of not getting it right the first time.

To bad cause i have found it accurate as hell with my voice. Should have an option to make it auto update without confirmation.

I am totally in awe with this app. It really unleashes the true power of the iPhone. This has quickly become my favorite app, and I have moved it right up to my front page. Very accurate and has worked every time....although I have to talk with an American accent to be sure it will understand me :-)
    I will be in the USA on vacation in 2 weeks time, so I tried similar examples of what I could use it for. I tried "computer stores seattle" Up pops pins on a google map of all the major computer stores in Seattle. You can then look at the store and zoom down to street level - I am sure you could then get the GPS to then track you to that store ?

Quote Originally Posted by bschucher View Post
    To bad cause i have found it accurate as hell with my voice. Should have an option to make it auto update without confirmation.
    Throw them an e-mail. They already do auto-dial so I can't imagine auto-update is that far off their reach.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

I find it interesting that no one seems to be worried about the privacy of their address book. I admit, it would be much worse if they collected phone numbers & email addresses, in addition to the contact names, but still ...

This app would be so much more useful if it worked with the proximity sensor of the iPhone when recording a name/query, like the google voice search.

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneguy2007 View Post
    I find it interesting that no one seems to be worried about the privacy of their address book. I admit, it would be much worse if they collected phone numbers & email addresses, in addition to the contact names, but still ...
    Most of the Voice Dial do this and the ones that don't take forever to load. I am cool with just names and until I hear a report of wrong doing...sometimes you just gotta trust. The accuracy is uncanny.

My friend had this on one of his Blackberry phones. He convinced me to try it and I am very satisfied with it. SMS would be a great addition too. It's funny even though it can adapt to your voice I catch myself trying to pronounce everything like an automated system. The upside to that is how crazy accurate this app is. I had problems with linking my Facebook account at first but I restarted the phone and tried again with better results. A must try for the apprehensive.
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I absolutly love it, it made its way on to my dock for sure!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

From vlingo's site, they have a blackberry version and an iPhone version. The Blackberry version blows away the one available on the iPhone:

Blackberry features (taken straight from their site)

Here is what vlingo can do...
    * Send and reply to emails and text messages
    * Search the Web
    * Dial the phone
    * Look up contacts
    * Send a "note to self"
    * Voice updates to Facebook & Twitter status updates
    * Tell A Friend
    * Read-back of the full text or email message that was spoken
    * The ability to launch built in programs:
    o Address Book
    o Alarm
    o BrickBreaker
    o Calculator
    o Calendar
    o Camera
    o Maps
    o Media
    o MemoPad
    o Messages
    o Options
    o Tasks
    o Web browser
    * The ability to launch third party programs:
    o Facebook
    o Google Maps
    o Opera
    o Viigo

iPhone version:
    * Initiate calls to anyone in your address book.
    * Search for anything through Yahoo! or Google in one step.
    * Look up and map local listings.
    * Update Facebook and Twitter status updates without typing.

Hopefully the developers will be able to incorporate more of the features into the iPhone version. Would become an awesome app!

has anyone had problems with the Voice Dial setup?
    I contacted the dev and received this response:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting vlingo. We have determined that the problem you've seen with ‘Can’t Connect’ errors while setting up the voice dialer is a bug in the product, which was discovered after vlingo launched on the App Store. It affects a relatively small number of users, but we don’t currently have an avoidance or workaround for those who do encounter it. We are currently working on a fix which we expect to submit to Apple for certification within the next few weeks. Once certification is complete, we’ll make it available on the App Store immediately, and you’ll see an update notice on your iPhone. We will also send you an email letting you know that the update is available.

Vlingo takes pride in producing high quality, innovative, useful, and enjoyable products. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we know this causes some of our users. We hope you’ll continue enjoying vlingo’s web search, local search & mapping, and social networking capabilities.

Seasons greetings,

Vlingo Support

I'm running a 3G jailbroke 2.1 firmware on ATT. Anyone else having this issue?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12