Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: Wal-Mart to Sell 4GB iPhone for $99

Default Rumor: Wal-Mart to Sell 4GB iPhone for $99

A new rumor has surfaced that Wal-Mart will begin selling 4GB iPhones for only $99 later this month as part of their agreement to begin selling touchscreen handsets.

Apple's existing iPhone 3G offers of course include the 8GB and 16GB models, which sell for $199 and $299, respectively, and come with two-year contracts. Last year there was a 4GB first-generation iPhone briefly available that sold for $399 but it was discontinued only a couple of months later and when Apple decided to focus on boosting the 8GB sales.

The BoyGeniusReport has reported rumors that Apple may introduce a 4GB iPhone 3G and would allow Wal-Mart to sell it for $99 with a two-year contract. The BoyGeniusReport cites an internal memo, "that Wal-Mart has reached agreement with Apple to offer iPhone 3G in Wal-Mart and Wal-Mart-managed Sam’s Club Connection Centers nationwide beginning December 28, 2008."

Wall Street is also expecting Apple to be one of many smart phone producers to discount their products to sell some of their excess inventory over the holidays.
    Needham & Co. analyst Charles Wolf argues that Apple's “strong real-world revenues and its high iPhone gross margins” give the company a definite advantage to market a $99 iPhone which could lead to substantial gains for the smart phone.

These Wal-Mart rumors follow rumors of Costco supposedly getting ready to sell an 8GB iPhone for only $149. Personally I hope both rumors are true, and if they are I will be going for the 8GB at Costco…However, I don’t see why they’d start selling a 4GB at Wal-Mart on Dec. 28th, 3 days after Christmas?

Source: AppleInsider | Rumor: Wal-Mart to sell 4GB iPhone for $99
    AppleChic

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Now there will be even more people walking around with one.
    I personally think exclusivity went out the door when the 3G was released.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ima80baby View Post
    yeah Apple put in the world domination strategy. No more exclusiveness -- still a nice phone though

Default I wouldn't worry about it.
    I don't think your average Walmart shopper will be shelling out $70+ tax/month for AT&T 3G plan.

I was actually thinking about buying my brother a 4gig and didn't want to spend more than 125 so that is a good thing; although I'm wondering if they will sell them without contract. And if so, for how much?

My bro isn't too tech savy and wouldn't need too much space, but loves my phone.

"Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneMadness For This Useful Post:

BBryan (12-04-2008)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aquaholik View Post
    I don't think your average Walmart shopper will be shelling out $70+ tax/month for AT&T 3G plan.
    concur. If this rumor turned out to be true I'd expect a pay as you go plan to go along with it

Thanks

i kno before i sold my 4gig iphone i was in love with it. if this rumor was true i would def go through with it. on ly if it had a pay as u go plan though..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I work for Costco. I'm pretty sure we aren't going to be selling any iPhones. Our in-store phone service booth doesn't even support AT&T.

Thanks

Sucks, but we'll always have our jailbreaking and themes that them common-folk lack...

Quote Originally Posted by BBryan View Post
    I work for Costco. I'm pretty sure we aren't going to be selling any iPhones. Our in-store phone service booth doesn't even support AT&T.
    Really? The Costco near me has an AT&T part at their phone booth.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 12-04-2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Why not?
    Respect your elders.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

That is what i was wondering. I thought AT&T had exclusive rights to sell the iPhone and no one else could sell it. The iPhone is the iPhone 1st or 2nd gen.
    Last edited by JAG2621; 12-04-2008 at 12:23 PM.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2621 View Post
    That is what i was wondering. I thought AT&T had exclusive rights to sell the iPhone and no one else could sell it.
    As long as their is an AT&T or AT&T Subsidary there is no breach of contract. Wal-Mart is the retail outlet, but AT&T is still the seller. Wal-Mart is basically the distrobution channel. Its like Wireless Wave, TelBooth in Canada, they sell many phones for different companies, giving the store a larger revenue stream for distrobution and a wider selection for the consumer. As most stand-alone retailers of the devices are limited to only the devices their company can sell. Ie AT&T retail store, versus AT&T distro(reseller) location.

I remember when people were like 'Is that an iPhone??' And I'd get to modestly be like 'yeah...', but now it's 'Is that an iPhone? My brother, cousin, nephew and father-in-law have one of those too.' What kills me are the people that don't even see the full potential of the iPhone, and when I show them mine they just are like 'whoa...'
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

MetallicaFan1991 (12-04-2008), reanimationxp (12-08-2008)

Hello guys, this is my first post or replay to the thread

Yest is true, walmart start selling iphone I think after dec 19, my sister work on electronics and she already get a training from the apple and ATT for fill contracts and all this stuff for sell iphones, I think still the same 199 + 2yr contract and the $30 data plan is not a option, has to be included in the contract, I don't know about the 4gb iphones but is possible when they dealing with walmart.

yea guys this all does suck..

people really dont know the FULL potential of the iPhone. i'd say probbaly 85-90% of ALL iphone users around the globe done know of the capacity or the potential this little thing can do..

sure, a lot a lot A LOTTA people have this phone, at least here we can all say that ours are better that theirs.

ive been modding ever since the release of the iphone back in 2007 and i love it. thats our advantage people, thats why we can think of all these people who have iphones, and then just think of us who have BETTER iPhones..

ya dig?
    Last edited by Zman-iPhone; 12-04-2008 at 04:40 PM.

16 gig - $299
    8 gig - $199
    4 gig - $99

JUST THINK?

2 gig - $49
    1 gig - $24.99

WHO WOULDNT BUY A 1 GIG LOL

wow... i hope not.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

I have a 4gb iphone and it's horrible!!!. It only has 3.3gb free after restore. I have to be very picky about what I put on it. Movies are out of the question after music, apps, themes, etc The only people that will be buying these are people desperate to say I own an iphone.

or maybe people who dont have a lot of music, like adults a lot of the time

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    concur. If this rumor turned out to be true I'd expect a pay as you go plan to go along with it
    now this i would love!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IronRangeRaver View Post
    I have a 4gb iphone and it's horrible!!!. It only has 3.3gb free after restore. I have to be very picky about what I put on it. Movies are out of the question after music, apps, themes, etc The only people that will be buying these are people desperate to say I own an iphone.
    i'm still a 4G iphone owner... Since day one... i'm not desperate friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivel View Post
    or maybe people who dont have a lot of music, like adults a lot of the time
    or we still own our IPOD classic!... 80 gigs of anything you want.

Why replace it when we can have it in addition to.
    Last edited by BenzoHartt; 12-04-2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

what's going on apple?
    I think the next plan will be: 2Gb iphone 3G for 20$ and iphone 3G 1GB for 10$ ...
    what the F??CK

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast