+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: Wal-Mart to Sell 4GB iPhone for $99

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I agree with all the posts about having a certain look to the Wal*iPhones. Possibly a complete blue back plate with the (4GB Walmart) symbol? Yes, that would be good.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I agree with all the posts about having a certain look to the Wal*iPhones.

Possibly a complete blue back plate with the (4GB Walmart) symbol?

Yes, that would be good.

I feel the exclusiveness going out the window on this one, too. I'm glad I have a 2G iPhone. At least there is still some exclusiveness to that model.

Laters...

Oh, and by the way, I will ask our phone guys about the iPhone tomorrow...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    What would be the benefit for apple? 99$ for an iPhone with no contract yeah my ***. Also what would be the point to get an iPhone without a data plan.
    market dominance? like I know

I just don't think walmart is the venue to be slinging the super expensive contacts of course I know very little about the shopping habits of those that frequent walmart

edit: well I do know that I visit walmart specifically to not pay a lot of money so i figure high $ contracts is exactly the opposite

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The way i see it it may be a good thing for app developers. If more people buy your .99 cent program then you got it made even with the "Apple tax" I got to learn how to make programs fast.

And what about the return policy. They better have a huge stock pile. These things are going to be dropped left and right and taken back to Walmart. But i'm sure they are addressing that issue too.
    Last edited by LrdBane; 12-05-2008 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    umm....and why would that be a bad thing?

why does apple selling the iPhone for $99 suck? And what makes you think your iPhone would be any better than theirs? Outside of storage space it's 100% the exact same phone. You're acting like jailbreaking/unlocking the thing makes you super cool or some sort of elite member of the iPhone community.

again, why not?

You guys really sound like some elitist apple fanboys right now. Apple created the phone for it to 1) be profitable, and 2) eat up as much market share as they possibly can. I'm guessing maybe you think you're coolness will be threatened if it becomes a mass market device or something (which it pretty much already is)?

The more market share apple gets, the more competition there will be from RIM, Moto, LG, Google, Nokia, and every other handset maker to beat apple at it's own game and create the next sensation in mobile phones (much like Moto did with the RAZR and Apple has done with the iPhone).
    I agree with you man. We are all just silly apply iphone geeks here. We all should get a life and put the iphone in its place as just a cellphone. Having an iphone does not make any of us more attractive or more desirable.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wilson For This Useful Post:

Napoleon_PhoneApart (12-05-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn... if I would've just waited. 4gigs is plenty of room for Pandora

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

bad news for Nokia
    hahaha......!
    I love my iphone
    Last edited by Mehmet_s; 12-05-2008 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have seen this a number of times "exclusiveness"

What exactly does tht mean? There is only a $100 price difference between the 8G and the 4G. that isn't a lot of money, even for people looking at other new new phones.

The exclusiveness and status symbol went away when apple dropped the price at the introduction of the 3G.

Exclusiveness - some paid $600 for a 4Gb while wally world shoppers are only going to pay $99, now that is laughable.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

People that aren't cool enough to stand on their own merits rely on expensive technological gadgets, news at 11.

Btu seriously, if you need a phone to stand out in a crowd, you have issues.

Related to the topic, a phone like this without a contract or maybe able to buy without one (wait for a loophole to show up) is going to be a goldmine for people who take broken iPhones for scraps and fixing bigger model ones.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    People that aren't cool enough to stand on their own merits rely on expensive technological gadgets, news at 11.

Btu seriously, if you need a phone to stand out in a crowd, you have issues.

Related to the topic, a phone like this without a contract or maybe able to buy without one (wait for a loophole to show up) is going to be a goldmine for people who take broken iPhones for scraps and fixing bigger model ones.
    Sounds like some people are spoiled. When they first bought their iphones they became Mr.& Mrs. Popular especially when the 1st Gens came out, you either had the money to buy em or you didnt, credit didnt matter. And all of that was thrown out the window with the 3G iphones. If you have decent credit and $200 or $300 then you're in the game. I dont see why people would be upset with them becoming more affordable for others. Thats really how a majority of the 3g owners got in the game. As for the new ones "Let There Be Cake" Give people what they want. It would demand certain rights and benefits for us ALL.(1st Gen, 3g etc). More users - more rights. Apple cant deny that..
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

What's Jailbreak? PStuLovesCrackk's Avatar
    Thanks

THIS will not happen anytime soon, I don’t even think the pictures are legit. I could make that with Photoshop. ha if Wal-Mart did sell the iphone I wouldn’t buy it cause its Wal-Mart, the phones gunna be a refub. 2nd I doubt the people at Wal-Mart have the capabilities to do the activations. I’m calling a fake. This is ridicules to think Wal-Mart can take on the iphone.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ima80baby View Post
    Now there will be even more people walking around with one.
    I personally think exclusivity went out the door when the 3G was released.
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!

That's WTF I'm talking about! I'm the kinda person who likes to have nice things that no one else has. Just like I NEVER see anyone else walking around with a Nokia N95 and I get compliments on mine all the time. People ask me where I got it do I wanna sell it etc. But the iPhone on the other hand it's become that every retard I run into has one. It's like it's "not a big deal" to have an iPhone anymore cause EVERYONE has one.

Now the iPhone is coming to Wal-Mart? Great so now when I see all the broke ***** people that are on welfare running around with an iPhone I'm throwing mine in the garbage

Je5
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    I remember when people were like 'Is that an iPhone??' And I'd get to modestly be like 'yeah...', but now it's 'Is that an iPhone? My brother, cousin, nephew and father-in-law have one of those too.' What kills me are the people that don't even see the full potential of the iPhone, and when I show them mine they just are like 'whoa...'
    Its ok though because now people ask us things like DUDE!!! That phone is awesome you have DOOM on that thing or NES games...!!

So let them all have legit formatted phones...hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by PStuLovesCrackk View Post
    THIS will not happen anytime soon, I don’t even think the pictures are legit. I could make that with Photoshop. ha if Wal-Mart did sell the iphone I wouldn’t buy it cause its Wal-Mart, the phones gunna be a refub. 2nd I doubt the people at Wal-Mart have the capabilities to do the activations. I’m calling a fake. This is ridicules to think Wal-Mart can take on the iphone.
    WOW you obviously dont have connections...That rumor is true and it will be coming out I do consulting for Walmart on the phones and it is in fact going to be sold at Walmart in 3-4 months so be on the look out and really who cares if they sell it, oh and they wont be refurbs...
    Last edited by Je5; 12-05-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Dont be that guy..!!!

Thanks

i know what i want 4 Christmas

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Reading the various websites about the deal I have a new take on this.

Apple and Walmart are known to be shrewd in there deailngs.

Apple will allow Walmart to sell the iphones in certain demographics the first 3 to 6 months, then allow Walmart full distribution.

When apple releases the next version of iphone to bump an market penetration from the N97 they will not offer the new phone to Walmart.

this will strain the relationship and after 12 months and 2 million new iphone activations the relationship will cease.

Now apple has the means to unload all the 3g motherboards to make room for the new iphone we will hear about at nac world and see in May.

Back to drinking!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    I remember when people were like 'Is that an iPhone??' And I'd get to modestly be like 'yeah...', but now it's 'Is that an iPhone? My brother, cousin, nephew and father-in-law have one of those too.' What kills me are the people that don't even see the full potential of the iPhone, and when I show them mine they just are like 'whoa...'
    You can say that again. I don't care how many people have an iPhone,I have never came across anyone in my area that is Jailbroken + Savvy at the same time. I actually see it like the more on ATT the more I can talk to for free. We will always be separate from the class that doesn't fully utilize all aspects of this device. I am one Wal-Mart shopper that can afford the plan and love it.
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is interesting. Will they ONLY have a 4gig model or will they also sell the 8 and 16? Seems kinda pointless to only let them sell the 4 gig model. The other interesting thing is
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

@pstulovescrackk:

Do you know how idiotic you sound? Wal-mart is the biggest retailer in the world, a 3-400 billion dollar company. They could BUY Apple 3 times over! If you think walmart wouldn't have the resources to handle selling the iPhone you're sadly mistaken. You guys with your retarded elitist mentality makes me feel ashamed to even be a member of this board right now

Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 1,170 Posts

Bring it on Wall-mart.. We could use some more members here

Thanks

hella Dumbb -__-

Thanks

yeah, but you know, people still don't get the full potential of their computers let alone an iPhone.

I mean, c'mon owning a computer used to be elitist, PC or MAC. Now PCs are commodities and Macs are following suit.

I agree though, I used to feel very "cool" and elitist cause I owned a PPC that could do everything the iPhone did and a few things that it couldn't...

(like play flash)...

Truth is the developers hack their way through the jungle, we clear out the briar and the bramble, and then the rest just follow.

It's always been that way, and it always will be.

So yea, while miss 300 pound white trash will have an iPhone and think its the greatest thing since the dollar menu, that will be all. She will grow bored with it, and eventually think that it's too much phone, and once the screen gets scratched to hell, and no longer be useable cause she constantly uses it as something to throw at her bratty inbred offspring, or as a coaster for her "Natty Ice", (thats our version of Piss Water to our British friends). She will be without and go back to her nokia or LG, or whatever.

(sorry I don't know where that came from, I have a really bad headache and am not really paying much attention to what it is that I am writing. I am just enjoying the soothing feeling that the keys are producing as I am smoothly typing on my keyboard....)

(wow that was weird too...)

And like all the other people out in the world who refer their OS as "The Vista" or "The Google", like it is some type of demigod, or perhaps a virus (well maybe to the prior), it will be up to us to show them the light with our amazing abilities to do the simplest of tasks thanks to the amazing trailblazers who gave us these tools.

Just remember, we all started somewhere...

(i have absolutely no idea what i just said here...)

Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    @pstulovescrackk:

Do you know how idiotic you sound? Wal-mart is the biggest retailer in the world, a 3-400 billion dollar company. They could BUY Apple 3 times over! If you think walmart wouldn't have the resources to handle selling the iPhone you're sadly mistaken. You guys with your retarded elitist mentality makes me feel ashamed to even be a member of this board right now
    Okay, at the risk of sounding elitist right now...

But I do my darndest to stay out of the armpit of american retail shopping that is "The Wal-Mart". It is an infectous disease that produces the worst type of community...

Never the less think about this...

Do you really want a wal-mart employee activating your phone?

I mean, it's bad enough already trying to talk to AT&T about an issue when something goes awry, but do you really think that it would be beneficial for Mr. Wally World Employee to be trying to tell Mrs. Trailer Thang the wonders and ease of that program called "the Aye Toons"?

(Sorry I just really freaking hate wal-mart)
    Last edited by boe_dye; 12-07-2008 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!