Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: Wal-Mart to Sell 4GB iPhone for $99

Thanks

well...this just means more money for us...get a 4GB...unlock it...ebay it...buy a 32GB when it comes out with the money from the 4GB you sold! hahahahahahahahaha hurry up wal-mart ;-)

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if this is true I'd luke a newer, more expensive model too so I can set myself apart (yeah I know it's crazy).

Seriously Steve, give me an "iPhone Pro"

Quote Originally Posted by ima80baby View Post
    Now there will be even more people walking around with one.
    I personally think exclusivity went out the door when the 3G was released.
    umm....and why would that be a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zman-iPhone View Post
    yea guys this all does suck..

people really dont know the FULL potential of the iPhone. i'd say probbaly 85-90% of ALL iphone users around the globe done know of the capacity or the potential this little thing can do..

sure, a lot a lot A LOTTA people have this phone, at least here we can all say that ours are better that theirs.

ive been modding ever since the release or the iphone back in 2007 and i love it. thats our advantage people, thats why we can think of all these people who have iphones, and then just think of us who have BETTER iPhones..

ya dig?
    why does apple selling the iPhone for $99 suck? And what makes you think your iPhone would be any better than theirs? Outside of storage space it's 100% the exact same phone. You're acting like jailbreaking/unlocking the thing makes you super cool or some sort of elite member of the iPhone community.

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    wow... i hope not.
    again, why not?

You guys really sound like some elitist apple fanboys right now. Apple created the phone for it to 1) be profitable, and 2) eat up as much market share as they possibly can. I'm guessing maybe you think you're coolness will be threatened if it becomes a mass market device or something (which it pretty much already is)?

The more market share apple gets, the more competition there will be from RIM, Moto, LG, Google, Nokia, and every other handset maker to beat apple at it's own game and create the next sensation in mobile phones (much like Moto did with the RAZR and Apple has done with the iPhone).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bdizzle For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (12-08-2008)

Thanks

lol i used to love the razr...can you beleive i bought the razr on its release day and it cost me 250 bucks! lmao...the iphone 3g is da same price as da razr!!!! crazy

Thanks

@bdizzle

You're right and I support moves that help make Apple's phone business more profitable and put it in more people's hands because it truely is the best phone around.

However I do like having unique and better things than everyone else. That's why I theme but eventually I'll feel less special (again, I do admit this is crazy) as more people get my phone. That's a problem with many devices and it's why I think Apple should introduce a more powerful, higher grade, premium phone at the older price points. That way both of my wants are satisfied.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AKA_Ben For This Useful Post:

Zman-iPhone (12-04-2008)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

4 gig on board, bit small for an iPhone if you ask me, the iPhone should have an external memory slot!!!!
    When will Apple release a limited edition of the iPhone such as one signed by Guns N' Roses or Metallica!!!!!!!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Ben View Post
    @bdizzle

You're right and I support moves that help make Apple's phone business more profitable and put it in more people's hands because it truely is the best phone around.

However I do like having unique and better things than everyone else. That's why I theme but eventually I'll feel less special (again, I do admit this is crazy) as more people get my phone. That's a problem with many devices and it's why I think Apple should introduce a more powerful, higher grade, premium phone at the older price points. That way both of my wants are satisfied.

HONESTLY...all i ask for is COLOR OPTIONS...sell soemthin besides white and black...wheres blue, green, red, yellow, pink, purple, all their ipod colors...that would boost sells a lot i think...and would give people a sense of "yours is just regular black, mines BLUE" attitude (which we would all love, dont lie..)

but on the other had as much as i dont want others to have "my" phone...it benefits with the apps...more people have the phone then the more people you can network with over the apps which is somethin i love to do...

and if you wanna shovel out 100-200 more for ya phone you can get ya phone completely painted by color ware...and they still give you a warrenty on it! but i wouldnt pay lmao...but its an option if you want a "special" iphone

Thanks

I really thought that since the 3G is much more targetted as a consumer device that they wouldve introduced colors (notice that the more "pro" Apple products become the fewerr customization options there are). Especially since the backing is all plastic.

Thanks

what ever happened about that rumored "DEEP RED 4GB" iPhone?...anyone else hear anything about that or have i just mnissed out on somethin?

iPhone, officially the new Razr.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

This is apples way of cornering the smartphone market, then i think they should do the same with personal computers. Corner trhe market start selling $500 Macbook pros at supermarkets!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Wow I never knew the people here and over at Mac Rumors measure their status by the phone they carry.

As I said in Mac Rumors, The razr didn't really offer anything more than any other phone on the market other than a sleek form factor.

Maybe the phones offered at WalMart should be it own distinct color so those people can be readily spotted, taunted, insulted or whatever else is supposed to be done to them.

How many here started out on a 4Gb?
    How much did you pay for your 4Gb? Bet is was a little more than $99

Just my thoughts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elr0y7 View Post
    iphone, officially the new razr.
    agreed

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seeing as I listen to a lot of music and game a lot, I think 4gb is no future proof.
    Heck I think 8gb is not enough for myself.

btw I heard that they are bringing it to the Dominican Republic soon.

Its cool that wall-mart might sell for $100, it should be affordable for most people. However, people who pays premium should have better options than storage amount.

this is going to be dumb i mean i understand hey its a 4 gig plus its cheap but apple went a little over there heads with this one >.>

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Who cares? It opens the phone up to be bought by more people. I swear, now we got phone yuppies. These must be the same people who look at my 1st gen and think "Oh, you must have been too broke to get the 3G", not that I kept my 1st gen because im on TMobile.

I just bought my gf a 4GB because she can care less about a ton of apps and thousands of MP3s and Videos. She's jailbroken and unlocked, but the only time she wants a game is when she sees me playing something on my phone. She can care less about VNC, NES Roms, connecting via terminal, etc. She just likes having a touchscreen phone that has pink icons

Hell, i even started on a 4GB that I paid $400 for! When I could afford one with a larger HD after I decided I needed one, i saved and bought one. I dont see a problem with someone having the same phone that Ive already owned for more than 16 months

this would be my backup if i ever broke my white one if this actually happened but me personally i dont like the thought of apple (iphone )teaming up with walmart call me stuck but wateva

My friend works in the electronics dept at walmart and he said that they were getting iphones and training would start soon. He also said they signed a contract with apple saying that there had to be a sales person there the whole time and if not they have to shut the whole phone section down lol. He didnt say anything about a 4gig though. But i understand what everyone is saying about everyone running around with iphones and that does kinda stink but oh well... im sure in a couple years another phone will come out that will be better than the iphone as much as i dont like to say it. One good side about the $99 iphone is that more developers can get thier hands on them to mod them without having to worry about bricking them.

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    concur. If this rumor turned out to be true I'd expect a pay as you go plan to go along with it
    What would be the benefit for apple? 99$ for an iPhone with no contract yeah my ***. Also what would be the point to get an iPhone without a data plan.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast