+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumors of a 32GB iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you need that much space for music and video I can not imagine you use an iPhone for a phone. LOL. I get interrupted so many times listening to
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you need that much space for music and video I can not imagine you use an iPhone for a phone. LOL. I get interrupted so many times listening to something or watching something I eventually have to charge and watch. i just swap out seasons of shows and rotate music to fit in my 8GB. I have too much to thumb through as it is. Guess it would be nice for storage since I installed Disk Aid on my work computer and did not get a new flash stick for that reason.

Thanks

This is the rumor I have waited on...16 GB is not cutting it!!! I almost have 14 GB of music alone and always adding more. I am at my whits end to go get a 120GB iPod but would much rather just upgrade and double my space....PLEASE APPLE RELEASE A 32GB iPhone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gently used White 16GB iPhone 3G 2.2 Jailbroke = $350 anybody....LOL just kidding but would be nice to see.
    Last edited by RByers; 12-03-2008 at 12:56 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

32G iPhone is nice but i have a 16G 3G and its still half empty ive had 1 week after they came out and i have about 4 movies and 3 music videos in it and 230MB of apps and rest in songs i doubt i would need that much memory but in the future i might want one so its nice to know that there is a chance of expanding my memory.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I was holding out for the 32gb version up until 2 weeks ago (got the 3G 16gb, and upgrade from the 8gb 2G). Now, even with 16 albums, 6 movies, and plenty of apps/games, I still have 4 gig left to play with. Don't think I'll need to upgrade to anything larger until I get tired of manually managing it in iTunes.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    iPod video doesn't have a tiny screen!!!!!
    Um...compaired to the iPhone or the iPod Touch, the iPod Video has a small screen, even compaired to the the new nanos, the screen on iPod Video is not very big. Only half an inch wider than the nano. So really, the iPod Video/iPod Classic does have a tiny screen. iPod Touch and iPhone have a 3.5 in display which is again an inch larger than the iPod Video/iPod Classic.

But to stay on Topic, 32 GB would be nice, I could definately put more movies/tv shows on it. I remember on my 2g 8GB iPhone I could put one movie and all my music on it at one time, they my 3G iPhone 16GB I can put all my music about 5 high quality movies and all my tvshows on it, plus video podcasts. I Enjoy the device, the more space the happier I am, just wish the price was cheaper. I just hate the issue of contracts, makes it much harder to swap for the new device. I dont want to have to renew my contract everytime apple releases a new iPhone model, that is what I find very stingy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rdwalsh For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (12-08-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

^^^^^ Pwned

Green Apple
    Thanks

It just seems to make sense with the timing.... albeit, the 16GB 3G seems like more than enough memory. I'd like to be able to load 1-2 more movies on it without having to delete songs each time.

I bought the 1st gen in Jan. then about month later they announced the 3G. Nothing is wrong with my 1st gen, I just wanted the GPS feature due to all my traveling (business trips, snowboarding, etc.).

It's probably best to wait and see what they announce at MacWorld.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah, I love the 3G option. The wifi at work is restricted so sites like the itunes store are blocked.
    32GB, Better camera, Turn by turn GPS and its pretty much a done deal for me.
    I can sit here all day and tell everyone why I don't need a 32GB iphone. But when I got my 8G iphone it ate at me for a week. I went back and got the 16 and glad I did. So in the end I am sure there are many others that can justify not needing an upgrade but will when the time comes if not for anything else but to have the 32GB.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    a solid state drive is just a big amount of flash in a small package which is wht THE IPHONE HAS NOW
    Yes.. We all know what a SSD is but i DID say Wif ExtremeFFS... Before you start trying to quote condescendingly Read what your Quoting.. Newbs..

Green Apple
    Thanks

That would be a great time to be in the market to buy a 8 or 16 giger, since a lot of people will upgrade for that.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Dont forget u guys ... u need to have a decent camera ...

What was apple thinking about with it's latest releases (16gb n 3G) by not including a decent camera!

I want a better camera

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justgiveittome View Post
    Dont forget u guys ... u need to have a decent camera ...

What was apple thinking about with it's latest releases (16gb n 3G) by not including a decent camera!

I want a better camera
    I dunno what you're complaining about.. the iPhone's camera beats the pants off most other phone cameras I've seen. The problem lies in the software. What good is a camera when you can't actually do anything with it? No MMS, no video. Software is where Apple is f**king up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What about the iphone 32gb? only a rumor? like the iphone nano

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    I dunno what you're complaining about.. the iPhone's camera beats the pants off most other phone cameras I've seen. The problem lies in the software. What good is a camera when you can't actually do anything with it? No MMS, no video. Software is where Apple is f**king up.
    Your exactly right, you think when you pay so much for a phone it could do what other cheap little phones do.
    I mean yeah you get all the apps and cool features and stuff.
    But no mms and stuff is pretty pathetic for paying a phone so high priced.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

I hope this is true.....

The reason Apple hasnt released a 32gb iphone yet is physical space.

The Itouch can fit 32gb's because it doesnt have a communications board and radio, etc, etc....taking up room.

Rumor says there has been an advance in the chips that will allow them to fit 32gb in the iphone with the current space they have to work with.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    I hope this is true.....

The reason Apple hasnt released a 32gb iphone yet is physical space.

The Itouch can fit 32gb's because it doesnt have a communications board and radio, etc, etc....taking up room.

Rumor says there has been an advance in the chips that will allow them to fit 32gb in the iphone with the current space they have to work with.
    I cant wait for a 32GB or even a 64GB iPhone (which will not be for a LONG time.) Time will only tell... Apple can pull anything outta there ***** and surprise there customers.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@cpjr. No rumor - it's true. They've made the same 16GB chip into 32GB. So now, the we really just waiting for Apple to use it . Haha

Next year a 64GB single chip is sure to be available .... the following year double that ... etc. Don't ya just love computers?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agllp View Post
    What about the iphone 32gb? only a rumor? like the iphone nano
    The 32GB iPhone so far is just a rumor, but it makes much more sense than the iPhone Nano. How could you bare to look at a screen even smaller than the one now? It wouldnt work out at all...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    The 32GB iPhone so far is just a rumor, but it makes much more sense than the iPhone Nano. How could you bare to look at a screen even smaller than the one now? It wouldnt work out at all...
    Ya thats a good point about smaller screen, 32GB is a better rumor lol

More rumors about the iPhone nano...

iPhone nano now rumored for June, Unicorn delayed again until September
    Code:
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/13/iphone-nano-now-rumored-for-june-unicorn-delayed-again-until-se/
    Last edited by lilskaterpunk; 01-13-2009 at 11:19 AM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12