Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Send Free Text Messages Through Email with SMS Touch

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the news.
    But I have a simple question, is this using the wifi signal or a carrier.

Would like to know if this could be possible with the Ipod touch, since I can send emails with it.

Bite Sms outbeats this cos it goes straight into the others sms app on their phones and in they have their own pretty sweet app on the iphone via Cydia and all you need is to be connected to a wifi network or edge/ 3g networks.

Cheerio!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default How-To
    Welcome to a how-to to stop all the whining. This requires absolutely no money on your part, the only sacrifice is no landscape typing.

Launch the Mail app on your iPhone or iPod Touch.

Touch compose.

Where it says "To:" enter you recipients cell phone number, 10 digits. ex: 1234567890.

Next, after the number add "@teleflip.com"

teleflip is a free service which automatically detects the carrier of the person you are trying to reach.

leave the subject blank.

type your message and press send.

how much have you been billed so far? 0$

now, you friend will get the message shortly, and it will show up IN THEIR SMS INBOX.

they reply to it as they would to any other text message.

when the reply is sent, IT SHOWS UP IN YOUR MAIL APP.

simply tap to read, then hit the reply button, type your message and back it goes.

simple and free and if you've already snagged and landscape email app, that solves any typing issues you might have.

i hope this helped everyone in seeing that this application would've wasted your money.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

^But unless you have push email your constantly checking your mail for a text...kind of a pain

How old is this? AppleChic is slippin'
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 12-02-2008 at 09:32 AM.
    iLive an iLife

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    This app isn't even available in the UK iTunes store but I heard it is only limited to about 100 messages a month.

LOL@xxast0
    Now thats just absolutely horrible.lol

I was thinking if this would be a good app to use when traveling if you don't have a phone connection but you wouldn't have a data connection either.lol Maybe the roaming data charges are cheaper then roaming phone/text charges.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harrisb View Post
    Welcome to a how-to to stop all the whining. This requires absolutely no money on your part, the only sacrifice is no landscape typing.

Touch compose.

Where it says "To:" enter you recipients cell phone number, 10 digits. ex: 1234567890.

teleflip is a free service which automatically detects the carrier of the person you are trying to reach.

leave the subject blank.

now, you friend will get the message shortly, and it will show up IN THEIR SMS INBOX.

simply tap to read, then hit the reply button, type your message and back it goes.

simple and free and if you've already snagged and landscape email app, that solves any typing issues you might have.

i hope this helped everyone in seeing that this application would've wasted your money.

Thanks I will try that later.

Touch compose.

leave the subject blank.

uh, too bad teleflip shut down in september of 2008... that doesn't work anymore.

$15 Unlimited texting, mine costs me $20

there's something already like this called txtDrop its a web app so its free.

Apparently most people posting can't read or cannot comprehend the description for this. It's $5 to buy and own it. One time not once a month. It sends an SMS message which means any phone you send it to receives a "Text message."
    Last edited by prodigy; 12-02-2008 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Useless. Everyone has unlimited SMS's now-a-days...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If money becomes an issue for some people and they need to cut back on services this could be a option.

when i had my touch i just used the web based sms service at joopz.com that was awesome for me and i used it for the whole time i had my touch. i would prefer to see an iphone version of that rather than this which is simply sending an MMS, not really an sms.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default oopsies
    i was unaware of teleflip going belly up. im sorry. here are the corresponding carrier addresses

verizon= @vtext.com

AT&T= @txt.att.net

sprint= @messaging.sprintpcs.com

t-mobile= @tmomail.net

virgin mobile= @vmbol.com

a simple google search can find you others, these are the major ones.

also, i recommend that you add this to your contacts if you will be txting them frquently, so it will auto-fill.

Hope i helped.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

i was unaware of teleflip going belly up. im sorry. here are the corresponding carrier addresses

verizon= @vtext.com

AT&T= @txt.att.net

t-mobile= @tmomail.net

also, i recommend that you add this to your contacts if you will be txting them frquently, so it will auto-fill.

Hope i helped.
    This doesn't work when sending to an alltel phone. I tried and tried and tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    ^But unless you have push email your constantly checking your mail for a text...kind of a pain

How old is this? AppleChic is slippin'
    Not sure if this is news but Yahoo! Mail is free and has push enabled for the iPhone so you can just make an account with them and use it to push whatever needs pushing.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

verizon= @vtext.com

AT&T= @txt.att.net

t-mobile= @tmomail.net

Hope i helped.
    Wow it works, pretty awesome trick to get free sms. I fetch my mail and it works pretty good, if only apple would figure out how to fix their push email...

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Not sure if this is news but Yahoo! Mail is free and has push enabled for the iPhone so you can just make an account with them and use it to push whatever needs pushing.
    Really?! they push enabled the iphone? sweet, i have a yahoo account
    Last edited by llescaflownell; 12-02-2008 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I will still use AIM for free

Hmmm, still not pushing for me, and I set my yahoo account to push, is there something else that I need to do for my email to be pushed?

I just set up a new yahoo email for txt from my iphone and it works awesome, push and everything through the mail app, not back for saving $20 a month
    DO WORK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast